Are there any 2022 news on Inmotion V13 Raptor ?

Finn Bjerke

On 1/30/2022 at 7:41 PM, Unbihexium said:

They just posted a holiday message to Instagram and said they'll be out of office for a week starting on the 31st. I'm gonna guess no announcements until they're back. 

They made a big thing to announce that V13 details would be published in Jan 2022. It’s February now… 

On 2/4/2022 at 7:04 AM, Wolverine said:

The reason why they

Yeah, yeah, we know, we know... They are experiencing a massive stuff-up with something they were so confident that they even introduced a follow-up version. 

I do feel @Kekafuch though. It is yet another time we were promised something that for whatever reason they cannot commit to. Chinese manufacturers, despite all the long way they have made, still have quite different from the West understanding of responsibility, reputation and professional pride.

And although we do understand the cultural differences and "love them as they are", it still hurts. Because, you never know when there will be the next "prize-(not)-giving" competition or "(not)-very-soon-release"... :)

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 1:28 PM, Finn Bjerke said:

yeah yeah I know Inmotion need to focus on the V12 problems - but Im after the V13 since I need a powerfull suspension wheel to take the place of my V11 and the Sherman.. 

So how many Volts? what is topspeed, ETA etc etc? Give us a clue ? Kingsong and Begode will steal markeds shares if Inmotion stays silent is my guess.  Not communicating is also communication..... So the promised statement of january 2022 please come with dear Inmotion ppl ,,,

I am wondering the same things - especially hoping for some serious range on the v13 to hopefully combine suspension with sherman-like range (i know it's probably not likely to have a battery that big). Really hope to hear some update soon - the wheel is supposed to be released Spring of 2022 is that right?

Nice info yoos. Where is it from ? Not being negatrive here just curious. 

Inmotion says best topspeed and best torque..... Maybe there will be 2 models ?   90 kmh is suicidal.  I want this wheel badly wonder how many Volts. 

I imagine the timeline could be:

• February - introduction of concept,
  • June - first videos,
  • September - fist examples with testers,
  • Christmas '22 - first batch shipped.
  • (January '23 - major issues being sorted,)
  • (March '23 - final product)

Maybe I am just a pessimist...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, yoos said:

Here's your "insider" news (from the ecodrift news channel):

• 90kmh [top speed, not free spin]
  • 3000+Wh
  • suspension
  • presumably not much more expensive than S20, but that's vague
  • US dealers apparently have already requested 3000 eucs.

3000+ wh is amazing! I would buy that wheel in a heartbeat. Any chance of sending the link? In the meantime I will try to find it on my own

The plot thickens. 

90 kph top speed.  If I cruise at a speed a little below that, how many Wh battery would I need to have a usable range. For argument sake, let's say 40 miles. Or is it meant for just bursts. In addition, how powerful a motor, and p's battery configuration would I need to operate at those speeds and have some reserve for braking?

And they can do it for arounds the msrp of a S20?

In light of the current drama with the V12 mosfets debacle,  and this is just for 70 kph, how confident would we be with these new wheels, since controller boards, motor, and battery packs will surely be brand new designs.

And to my last point, at 90 kph top speed, how many customers will still be outside of ICU's, rehabilitation facilities, or jails, if they are lucky to be still alive.

Impact forces resulting from 90 kph crashes are usually the life changing type in urban environments outside a race track.

I hope that  Inmotion manages to pull a rabbit of a hat to allow phenomenal emergency braking performance. Their V12 flagship was showing the opposite.

I own a V12, and it showing inMotion is still playing catch up in the top speed arena. I like the V12 for what it is. However, even at 60 kph, it does not offer exceptional stability nor phenomenal brakiing. They would have to make an interstellar jump to get to 90 kph playing field.

On the plus side, I like the solid, premium refined feel, and supple ride, relatively speaking (when configured correctly). 

Build quality is definitely above Begode's in design and material. While inMotion tries to do it more properly, Begode appears to take a more cost effective approach, but sometimes end up being just quick and dirty.

Edited by techyiam

good lord... 90 kph on a 16" wheel sounds like a real butt clencher. I mean it'd be nice to have in the back pocket like having access to a 1 ton pickup—you might need it some day, but jeepers that's fast for a little wheel.

1 minute ago, Tawpie said:

16" wheel

Has it been determined to be a 16 inch wheel?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Has it been determined to be a 16 inch wheel?

good point. There seemed to be two sizes in that very first image, one big, one little... I was assuming the little fella was, little!

• Like 1

V13 will prob be 18" or more.. High speed suspension wheel Seems logical to me...  But we are just waiting for more info..... there is something up there sleeve ... Extra battery packs perhaps .. ? 

58 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

good lord... 90 kph on a 16" wheel sounds like a real butt clencher. I mean it'd be nice to have in the back pocket like having access to a 1 ton pickup—you might need it some day, but jeepers that's fast for a little wheel.

Ah! You reckon the V12 HT was the announcement of V13 we anticipated and we just didn't get it, right? :-)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Where is it from

it's from ecodrift official news channel on instagram. The post says it's "insider information". But the news channel is public and has ~2300 subscribers, so I don't mind sharing it to the broader audience.

https://t.me/ecodriftnews/854

11 hours ago, RamonatheCat said:

Any chance of sending the link?

The link is above, but there is no further robust information like a statement by inmotion. So I'd classify it as a rumor from a reliable source :) 

• Like 3