Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

onkeldanuel

I wonder if that's the same noise I had today when I was sitting on it stationary, where it was proving quite tricky to find exactly the place to sit and where your legs should be, and when I wasn't at the rest  / neutral state, the motor made a low growling sort of noise of protest, which would also stop when position was adjusted slightly, and resume periodically until I stopped sitting on it.

@massiestinymotors Pffftt - I laughed along with your hilarious sniggering at the compliance certificate - if you look closely, you may notice that the Master is not mentioned once in the whole document, though nearly every other model they make is ! Great vid btw :) I get the click as well ! I added the triangle foam pad to the centre ridge, so it's not that ! It doesn't sound terrible or very severe - I'm ignoring it for now !

Edited by Cerbera

7 hours ago, kas-euc said:

I am lurking for at least a few months now - and finally decided to share my experience with Master + comparison to ks-s18 and little v5f.
my stats: 
* weight: 85kg + gear (extra ~5kg)

I got my Master :) at ~10th September (from MyEwheel, Molicel variant)

* the main reason why I went for molicel is because li-ion batteries like to charge at 0.5c (in simple terms - approximately at the half of current of MAX discharge) - so potentially batteries offered quicker charging and also higher discharge at lower voltage + for me 

* Bad things (but not critical):
 - I also have a little free play in pedals (reported before) - I tried to tighten screws in suspension rode's but without a luck.. to be honest it feels like a small gap in a motor (between magnets) instead of suspension play (I did not noticed it in a first few days). And it's sort of soft-ish change in pedal position (without an audible sound) and doesn't seem to be dependent on suspension psi (I have a hard mode in the app). 
The most noticeable way is to press tire at the wall - so it is locked in a place - and tilt the wheel forward and backwards a little (tire should be static and in the contact with the wall all the time).
-------------
- I still haven't decided if I want to upgrade suspension - it seems OK-ayish.

What kind of range are you getting on that battery?

Regarding rebound adjustment.

The knob/adjustment  did no difference at 350psi. But at 150 it suddenly worked.

Yesterday I tested at 300psi, and it did not work.   Afggh. If I go lower psi than that the bottom out will annoy me constantly. But I wonder at what psi it will start working. 

kas-euc. Did you test lower psi in the suspension? Check. Maybe the rebound will start working if you lower just a little bit.

Anyone else noticed this?

Or should I just ask for a new suspension as mine does not work. Anyone else have effective rebound dampening at 300-350psi?

15 hours ago, massiestinymotors said:

Hey Everyone! Hope you are all doing well! I received my wheels 40T Master! here's my first impressions.

Nice video.  What kind of range are you getting on the 40t pack?

1 hour ago, EUCzero said:

Regarding rebound adjustment.

The knob/adjustment  did no difference at 350psi. But at 150 it suddenly worked.

Yesterday I tested at 300psi, and it did not work.   Afggh. If I go lower psi than that the bottom out will annoy me constantly. But I wonder at what psi it will start working. 

kas-euc. Did you test lower psi in the suspension? Check. Maybe the rebound will start working if you lower just a little bit.

Anyone else noticed this?

Or should I just ask for a new suspension as mine does not work. Anyone else have effective rebound dampening at 300-350psi?

The rebound dampening clicker works for me at 300 psi. Opened only up to 4-5 clicks though. Past this it is not felt.

Edited by Aztek

For me, even fully closed behaves as fully open when at 300psi and above. It works normal at 150.

Today I will test 200, 230, 260, 290psi and so on to find the limit. Where the adjustment work and not.

@wstuart
I cannot give you a very meaningful answer about a range - as I haven't made a range test + range depends on too many factors.
Trip to the office and back is approx. 15km - percentage reported by EUC world shows ~90% - my max speed is approximately 60km/h.
I had a very similar results (maybe 2% less on average) with ks-s18, only with slower max speed (up to 50km/h) and more gentle acceleration.
Also percentages reported by euc world tend to sit at 100% for a long time (first 5km app shows 100% battery).

Range never has been an issue for me - usually I'm riding for 2 hours on the forest roads and tracks and in those 2 hours I manage to spend approximately 30% (70% remaining)

Probably a better approach would be to record average consumption based on a speed and then interpolate potential range from there. I will try to figure out how to turn on logs on euc world and use them - or at least pay more attention to consumption.

@EUCZero
I haven't tried to adjust rebound(?) knob at a different pressure settings. But approx. at 250 psi my master starts to bottom out even on bumpy grass.

I also will play around with pressure settings tonight and report back results

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 7:43 PM, Rawnei said:

Leashing yourself to the wheel in certain situations is completely harmless but will save the wheel.

The problem is that the rider is not in control on which kind of a situation they crash in. While a leash may have benefits in some situations, I also don't think that overall it's worth the risk.

20 hours ago, Aztek said:

Have you noticed a faint buzz when the wheel is stationary which disappears when moved forward/backwards about 1 centimeter and starts again when moved another centimeter?

As if at certain position of the magnets it buzzes and at certain it doesn't.

You are correct, it is buzzing when  the coils are between the magnets and the controller is switching between the two. Some wheels don't switch magnets as smoothly as others.

• Like 1

I am also trying to adjust the play in the slider system. No success. (suspension is now off) Even when I adjust the screws so much that the sliders don't slide, the back and forward play is the same. So.... I am very .... hmm.  not happy?

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

The problem is that the rider is not in control on which kind of a situation they crash in. While a leash may have benefits in some situations, I also don't think that overall it's worth the risk.

By situation I mean what type of scenario you are in, for example I prefer to use a leash if I'm doing a very steep long climb or doing technical off-road where wheel can fall down places, those are all slow speed scenarios and wheel will not have a lot of momentum to fly away, a tug on the leash will make it fall or stop.

Just now, EUCzero said:

I am also trying to adjust the play in the slider system. No success. (suspension is now off) Even when I adjust the screws so much that the sliders don't slide, the back and forward play is the same. So.... I am very .... hmm.  not happy?

Sorry to hear it, at least I'm not alone in this.. "Just adjust the screws!"

• Like 1

Do we have anywhere where there is a helpful table of compatible tyres for the Master ? Or has anybody in the UK got any recommendations for a primarily street (MC) tyre for my (V2) master that is in stock and available somewhere in this country !? Particularly interested in ones that don't need widening of the battery packs - I like the width of the Master as it is now.

Currently I I am minded to get this one - any thoughts ? Michelin City Extra 80/90 - 14 46P REINF TL

https://www.nationalbiketyres.co.uk/?route=product/product&product_id=68872

Is that gonna fit ?! :) 

This guy thinks it's too soft for racing, but racing isn't what I am going to be doing mostly - I want to be going at moderate speeds but with nice levels of comfort and control, and without feeling like it's going to fall over if I lean slightly too far !

Thanks guys.

Edited by Cerbera

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

They ARE in control of which situation they leash in though ! On wide open paths and cycle lanes I think we're safer without it, but in town and on cross-country trails we don't want that thing running away, where it can do damage to itself and omnipresent unobservant children (town), or fall off the edge of stuff (trails). I mean, I don't want it running away and killing itself in any situation, of course, but I do fear its vast weight, and tying that directly to me.

Edited by Cerbera

@Cerbera

I don't know what is available to you in the UK, but you could always order a HK-666 tire from eWheels or a Kenda K340A from Rev Rides.  Both are good street tires.  They work somewhat on the trails, but not as good as a decent knobby tire like the stock CST-186 or the Shinko 244 from Amazon.

• Thanks 1

Day 4 of the (re)learnings today and some interesting breakthroughs / realisations ! 

1. Don't fear the lean - when the CST does that thing where you think it's going to tip you - go with it and carry on  your move regardless, and so far... it doesn't tip ! It just feels slightly unstable for a micro second on harder turns. Have confidence, push forward, and it seems mostly alright. I still want the street tyre though !

2. I am having a lot more success getting up unsupported without worrying that the wheel will tip while it is held by one leg if I just reach down slightly with my right hand, and lightly touch the right side of the top, sort of hunching over and leaning forward as I step up, then straightening out afterwards. I imagine most of you won't have to do that, but most of you are a lot heavier than me !

3. Temperature was 18 degrees, so display powered up first time.

4. Did a bit more off-road after shopping today. The CST really is good for that, I feel really much more stable on rough and gravelly ground - something I did not expect !

5. Headlight is excellent !!! Stayed out way longer than I planned today, and it got dark on me when I still had 3 or 4 miles to get home. Turned on my light, and could see perfectly clearly ahead of me all the way home ! Unlike what I have read in previous review / comments, my light doesn't get brighter as I accelerate; it is constant brightness, and that brightness is very good ! Not feeling the need to swap that out any time soon. Perhaps it is one of the things they improved about later batches ?

6. Pads. I am trying to give the stock ones a go, because they are such excellent protection for the forward battery packs, and I'd like to make them work for me if I can.

At the moment I enjoy the variation in position I get between pushing on front and back pads, and I like the slide gap between them - I can see this isn't as instantly responsive as locked in third party pads might be, but I reckon it'll do for now while I am not trying to do anything too mad !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 3

So. Today I tested rebound adjustment again. As I believed mine actually was working on lower PSI. Well it do not. Only for a few up and downs, then no dampening.
150, 200, 250 and 300 tested. Only difference vas that on 150 it seemed to be dampening, but then... no.
Also. My knob is very hard to twist. How is yours?

The foam hack preventing hard bottom out at least help. But now I fantasize on putting a second damper where your guys told me to put the foam. I will probably not find anything that will fit under there, but at least I have the fantasy. ;) 

55 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

So. Today I tested rebound adjustment again. As I believed mine actually was working on lower PSI. Well it do not. Only for a few up and downs, then no dampening.
150, 200, 250 and 300 tested. Only difference vas that on 150 it seemed to be dampening, but then... no.
Also. My knob is very hard to twist. How is yours?

The foam hack preventing hard bottom out at least help. But now I fantasize on putting a second damper where your guys told me to put the foam. I will probably not find anything that will fit under there, but at least I have the fantasy. ;) 

don't wast your time with stock shock, it's garbage, get a simple coil and you'll be surprised

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EMA said:

get a simple coil and you'll be surprised

This makes a lot of sense.

Due to the improper design of the shock actuating linkage, the shock is insufficiently compressed. Thus, it make a lot of sense to use a coil spring instead, since the spring rate is linear.

I suspecting that there just isn't enough stroke available to properly to utilize an air shock effectively.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

On 10/15/2022 at 3:55 AM, Cerbera said:

I know its initially impossible tell, but I recommend finding some way to make sure that the clunk you are hearing is not the the lower part of the wheel twatting that single screw that protrudes down from the MB box around half way into the depth of the wheel, which may directly contact the BMS board as I recall.

I read in other threads, or perhaps further up this one, that Begode had started including foam pads here to alleviate that problem, but mine doesn't have any that I can see... ah yes there it is from @Raptor's post on page 73...

image.thumb.png.5c3fc7403f77e68e4c299e693775f88c.png

That problem aside, I am delighted to hear that you didn't cancel in the end, and are enjoying your new machine :) Happy riding dude !

Oh, good info, I’ll check tomorrow. Just fyi, I hit 45 mph today but only seated since it’s been windy and not conducive to high speeds while standing. My PWM just touched 75, I have it set to 80 so I think I can hit 50 mph for a short while and that’s w full battery. I’ve ridden 40 mph for long stretches, several miles but it eats my battery too fast. Anyway, so glad I went ahead w the purchase and loving it more each day. Thanks @Cerbera, been following your threads but been very busy w other life “things” recently to chime in much.

One issue I wonder if you or anyone else can tell me if I should be concerned about. My Master only charges to 133.0v even after leaving on the charger several hours after green light comes on to balance cells. According to Darkness Bot my battery reads 100% but 133.0v vice 134. Begode app doesn’t show voltage which is very Begode like. I don’t have the tools to check individual packs so I’m contacting  EWheels about this tomorrow. The wheel rides fine otherwise and also surprised how cool it runs.

• Like 1