Why is everything EUC-related so darn expensive?

BKW

Rocky, you make a good point. People that make custom pads, I can understand the prices there, mainly because of what you've said. I should probably do more research into the sales of bigger companies to get a better idea :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It's a very small market, and also the manufacturers price gouge on occasion to get a financial cushion. It's both justified and not. Mostly justified.

Imagine the price hike if these Chinese companies had to worry about insurance and product liability. :blink1:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bkw said:

but 4K seems way too expensive for my tastes.

it aint just YOUR tastes. $4k is absurdly expensive. Im in my 40's and $4k is more than I've ever spent on a car. Hell, my supermoto was around $4k, and it makes euc quality a laughable attrocity. Combined with the fact that these machines have batteries with a shelf life, yet my moto will still be fine for another 15 years... yeah, we are being robbed. Of course you do know that being an owner of an euc, pretty much ruins your credibility to claim you are poor ;)

Fwiw, youll learn VERY quickly: the 16x isnt  a distance speed wheel. Be VERY cautious when riding it around its top speed(27mph actual). Theres been mention that the 16x has a slight discrepancy with power when its running near its max.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

it aint just YOUR tastes. $4k is absurdly expensive. Im in my 40's and $4k is more than I've ever spent on a car. Hell, my supermoto was around $4k, and it makes euc quality a laughable attrocity. Combined with the fact that these machines have batteries with a shelf life, yet my moto will still be fine for another 15 years... yeah, we are being robbed. Of course you do know that being an owner of an euc, pretty much ruins your credibility to claim you are poor ;)

Fwiw, youll learn VERY quickly: the 16x isnt  a distance speed wheel. Be VERY cautious when riding it around its top speed(27mph actual). Theres been mention that the 16x has a slight discrepancy with power when its running near its max.

Well, I'm happy I'm not alone in thinking this!

Noted with the 16x and speed discrepancy!

Edited by bkw

17 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Keep it at 20 mph and you'll cruise for a very very long time! Know your equipment—KingSong has yet to make a 'speed' wheel, and the max speed they quote for our 16Xs is pushing it quite a bit.

I think EUCs are expensive because they're so much fun. They win the smiles per mile contest, no question.

Thank you for your response.

I've been wanting to ask about the 16X: At what point does the battery level become cutout territory? I know the 16X has a speed throttle after 50%, but at what point of the battery life should I be extra careful not to push it too hard to cause a cutout? My thoughts are anything under 30% I should be extra careful but I don't know the wheel well enough yet.

12 minutes ago, bkw said:

I've been wanting to ask about the 16X: At what point does the battery level become cutout territory? I know the 16X has a speed throttle after 50%, but at what point of the battery life should I be extra careful not to push it too hard to cause a cutout? My thoughts are anything under 30% I should be extra careful but I don't know the wheel well enough yet.

Unpleasant answer: anything below.. 90-80%

Generally, the 16X beeps are pretty close to where the pedals will dip forward, which is recoverable if you're lucky, or you'll wipe out if you don't.
The wheel is pretty strong at low speeds but it's easy to pedal dip at 70% battery above 25-30 kph.

And since it's a wheel which accelerates effortlessly, you get to these speeds nearly instantly so it's best to not ride too aggressively on the street - compared to other wheels.

Sometimes the beeps are delayed a little bit and come after the pedals started dipping.
For this reason I recommend using EUC World and setting an extra alarm at 6-10% remaining margin. So you'll get that much more extra safety margin, which will bring it more in line with Inmotion/Gotway margins.

Its quite something off-road tho!

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, bkw said:

One of the nice features of an euc.world membership for KS wheels is seeing your minimum safety margin after each ride. fwiw, lowest I've hit on mine was 6% I think. Most of the time I'd be around 15-20% minimum after each ride. i'm 220 lbs geared up and kept my top speed around 40-42 km/h (no power pads).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wheel-life said:

One of the nice features of an euc.world membership for KS wheels is seeing your minimum safety margin after each ride. fwiw, lowest I've hit on mine was 6% I think. Most of the time I'd be around 15-20% minimum after each ride. i'm 220 lbs geared up and kept my top speed around 40-42 km/h (no power pads).

Oh haha that's very good of you, mine is typically below that, maybe an exception at 6% here, 3% there, -1% (beyond beeps) here or there

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Oh haha that's very good of you, mine is typically below that, maybe an exception at 6% here, 3% there, -1% (beyond beeps) here or there

eesh, that's bold! i wasn't thrilled with single digits, didn't like the idea of being that close to a cutoff...thought it would be smart moving to the V12, oops

• Like 1