Mango

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

ah, that's ride at the sea—I wanna see "river"!

The thing I miss about these kinds of videos is what happens later on. There was some wheel (Hero?) ridden into a pond and mostly back out, but we don't know if it worked afterwards and if so, for how long. We saw Masters tumble down that gawd awful steep rock face, but we never saw if they were broken in half at the bottom. I don't know, call me skeptical. I live by salt water and have ridable beaches, but none of my wheels will ever enjoy a wet seaside beach... unless they can really, actually, take a fresh water bath afterwards.

I did post a video of this (a guy in an EUC Serbia video trying to cross a fast flowing river)

Apologies if this video is also removed for upsetting people:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

I did post a video of this (a guy in an EUC Serbia video trying to cross a fast flowing river)

Apologies if this video is also removed for upsetting people:

These type of videos are so dumb, 100% water got in somewhere but they are not going to show it.

21 hours ago, novazeus said:

yeah sorry. i posted here before wasting my 7 minutes watching it.

where are the new v13 owners videos???

hahah nah all good.  Saw your post edit after and had a little chuckle.  ;)  

Had to be the most boring 6mins of my life... 

18 hours ago, Josiah said:

Not sure if this was posted a few months back but seems relevant to Tawpie’s question.

well, that wheel is shot now. i'd never run a wheel thru saltwater like that. not even freah water. but unless the rider completely disassemble that wheel and cleaned and relubricated every part, that salt will keep eating the wheel. 

u know, floridas condos on the beaches are crumbling down. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i like this!

Indeed.

That is a good design. The engineers did think it through for wheel removal. Kudos to Inmotion. 

Also, unlike on the S22, from watching the video, there is no obvious indicator that there are stiction issues.

But on second thought, how about re-assembly? 

How are the screw holes aligned at the top of the suspension structs.

Too bad the video didn't show this part of the re-assembly procedure. 

It would be impressive if all four structs are precisely aligned even with the top screws out.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

well, that wheel is shot now. i'd never run a wheel thru saltwater like that. not even freah water. but unless the rider completely disassemble that wheel and cleaned and relubricated every part, that salt will keep eating the wheel. 

Nah, he'll be fine if he gives it a quick freshwater hose-around later :) I used to ride my MS3 up and down the beach like that every now and again, and never suffered unduly because of it, though in my case that was mainly because I live in Britain, where freshwater is falling from the sky most of the time, and there were so many puddles on the way back from the beach it got a natural rinse...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Those black suspension rails give me PTSD from my V11

For me, ignorance is bliss; I have never own a V11 nor read about the suspension problems. 🙂

Mind you, the Sherman-S and the Commander Pro are still on the table for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/12/2022 at 3:06 AM, MrMonoWheel said:

Welp, now that I know what wheel I'm going with I won't be around this thread much anymore.

Except to trash on the suspension every chance i get should have been the caveat....:P I think @Forwardnbak has over 5k miles on his v-11 and seems to still be working well from his videos. The suspension isn't top of the line but seems to work well, maybe by adding the scotch tape as you did on yours made it extra sticky? Mine doesn't have high mileage on it yet so i can't say for sure how it will turn out.

Still waiting for a decent and through review but i do like that disassembly video that @novazeus put up. Very cool indeed.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Except to trash on the suspension every chance i get should have been the caveat....:P I think @Forwardnbak has over 5k miles on his v-11 and seems to still be working well from his videos. The suspension isn't top of the line but seems to work well, maybe by adding the scotch tape as you did on yours made it extra sticky? Mine doesn't have high mileage on it yet so i can't say for sure how it will turn out.

Still waiting for a decent and through review but i do like that disassembly video that @novazeus put up. Very cool indeed.

Not trashing it, all I've said is that it's extremely disappointing to keep that style of suspension on a flagship high speed powerful wheel. I'm glad its working for people. My v11 had knocking issues and suspension wear long before I added the scotch tape shims, those are actually what made it halfway usable again until the temporary lube wore away.

I have no brand loyalty and I still very much want to buy the v13. We will see.

• Like 3

yeah, for suspension wheels to be a brand new thing, the manufacturers sure suck at explaining how they work and how to adjust the shocks. still screwing around with the s18 settings and i've had it for awhile now. kuji gave more instruction than king song did. 

here's a novel concept, treat other humans the way u like to be treated. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2