Mango

5 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The rails on my V11 were completely toast well before 3000km, and the suspension action had started dying before 1000km.

If the V13 is predominantly the same suspension as the V11........it would seem that the same will eventuate in the V13.

Early adopters will find out for us all.

Reviews seem to be more functioning as advertisements.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

Only if you want to break the law; isn't that a one-way street with the allowed direction being down hill?

Yes, it would be illegal to travel on the road, the wrong way, on a one way street.

https://riverside.esteybomberger.com/8-interesting-california-bicycle-law-facts-you-need-to-know/

Unicycles are legal on the California roadways. Whether they are EUc (electric unicycles) or regular foot-powered, they may go wherever bicycles are allowed.

Sidewalk riding ordinances vary. While most bicycle laws in California universally apply, sidewalk-riding ordinances do not. You can ride on the sidewalk in some areas and you can’t in others.

https://www.sallymorinlaw.com/bicycle-accidents/riding-your-bike-on-the-sidewalk-even-when-it-seems-safer-in-san-francisco-is-not-legal/

San Francisco has chosen to make it illegal for anyone 13 years of age and older to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk.

If a cyclist is able to cycle up some of the steepest streets in San Francisco......a V11 is probably going to be able to do the same.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Hope you like your wheels  and they both turn out to be good runners.

i'm excited. 

on the v13, also the weight. the upcoming unboxings sb interesting. i have a feeling my s18 might get more use than the s22 just because i will have to carry them around somewhat. ur not carrying a v13. i gotta think shipping 100+ pounds is expensive.

if i lived in a neighborhood and had a garage and commuted to work on it, the weight wouldn't matter if i could park it somewhere. if it's a car replacement, then $4500 no insurance, registration, license, etc, i could definitely see it. too heavy to traverse my pastures.

that's how i see the v13, a car replacement for roads. not trails.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, onizukagto said:

Bloody hell, it's like you can't find anything else about the V13 to criticise, so you moved on to over analysing kujiroll mental and personality state to extrapolate further V13 reasons. :roflmao:

We should rename this thread to "review of V13 production model, reviewer personal speculations"  :rolleyes:

i think you get me wrong. 1: i enjoy Kuji's videos, his good mood, the music, his riding style, facts, and the atmosphere. And then here comes a video which is just out of line. 2: I am not ranting about the V13, actually i want a wheel with these heavy qualities, build quality, headroom and all the rest. I like the V13.... just not the weight of it 😉, ehmm... and the price 😁

7 hours ago, Paul A said:

Zooming around on an EUC would be brilliant there.

Hope the V13 will have enough power then.

That's how I came to know about EUCs. A LOT of people ride them here. You see them in all kinds of situations.

I feel like 4500W should be enough headroom.

When people mention battery capacity being an issue at high speeds because of sag, I wonder if that also applies to long hill climbing? Say I ride to 40% capacity and then hit a 25 degree quarter mile stretch of road, then another, then another... is that a concern? Most people live on flatter terrain and so are concerned with sag/speed. Can I roughly apply those opinions to my situation?

Also regarding the V13 battery capacity, I have to remind myself that my bike has the advantage of coasting DOWN all the hills, so I get GREAT range. With an EUC, power is always being used. No coasting. I don't find that regen braking regens very much...

Got a email from the Australian supplier today. Apparently the v13 for them will leave in 2-3 weeks. 

Judging that ewheels got 30 units of 100, I'd imagine the bigger retailers got most of the 1st (2nd?) batch and I wonder if this is the second (3rd?) batch is being made now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eyss said:

Judging that ewheels got 30 units of 100

I know they mentioned they were allocated 30 from that first batch, but have they actually received them yet? I have not heard any more information about that since they mentioned it. (They had said they would provide tracking information once they got vessel information, but I have not seen this information shared out)

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 6:49 AM, UPONIT said:

With an EUC, power is always being used. No coasting. I don't find that regen braking regens very much...

That's weird? Have you tried to log the current using for example the EUC World? During majority of downhill riding there should be current flowing back to battery packs (unless fully charged) ...

Edited by HEC
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

How long do we think it will be before someone figures out how to unlock the 91km/hr cap? Just curious...:rolleyes:

I don't know of anyone who has ever been able to change the speed limits on KingSong or Inmotion wheels, and actually I think it's perfectly fine.  But I can understand that it could be exciting to test the limit of how far it can be pushed, and afterwards maybe even see how long it takes to recover from the hospital bed (if that's where you end up). People who do not want speed limits acquire a Begode wheel. Here you yourself are the master of things, for the better or for worse ;)

• Upvote 3

found this today.

V13 in Texas !  Ewheels shipping a small batch before Christmas?  Maybe another vendor?

I’m expecting will see a ton more videos from the US in the near future. 

if anyone lives near Denver and wants to try out the wheel when mine gets here we should get on the sideline and set something up. Maybe get some new videos / answers for the forum. I’m just pumped for the wheel to arrive.  

Side note:  Love how Kuji just pulls out a second Wheel and says let’s try one without suspension!

And i’m really looking forward to a review from Hsiang.   His channel got me into EUC in the first place and he seems to cover all the bases with his reviews.

Edited by Josiah
Spelling
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, HEC said:

That's weird? Have you tried to log the current using for example the EUC World? During majority of downhill riding there should current flowing back to battery packs (unless fully charged) ...

TBH, I've only paid attention to current draw sporadically. EUCs  always have to balance, which requires current. Since the amount of regen (even on my moped, where the motor does zero work downhill) is so tiny, it makes sense that it would still use more than it could regen on a downhill run. But you are right, I should get actual numbers for it...

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

found this today.

V13 in Texas !  Ewheels shipping a small batch before Christmas?  Maybe another vendor?

I’m expecting will see a ton more videos from the US in the near future. 

if anyone lives near Denver and wants to try out the wheel when mine gets here we should get on the sideline and set something up. Maybe get some new videos / answers for the forum. I’m just pumped for the wheel to arrive.  

Side note:  Love how Kuji just pulls out a second Wheel and says let’s try one without suspension!

And i’m really looking forward to a review from Hsiang.   His channel got me into EUC in the first place and he seems to cover all the bases with his reviews.

Nice find!

In the description, he mentions it's a Beta unit. So it looks like there was more than just one N. American tester.

And he's 6'5" tall, 270lbs. :clap3: