Mango

45 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Ssssh.....spoiler alert.....maybe let others vote on it without any bias of knowing what others' think....

People can be influenced.

Be interesting to see what the poll is, in a week's time.

I didn't think it was a big deal, plus most people are pretty set with their decision and are voting for that reason. 

22 minutes ago, Robse said:

buy it and sell it anyway. $3300 is a very "saleable" price 😉

Ehhh I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble, unless I can make a decent profit. I'll think about it.

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Whatever the case, I think the V13 will do very well with the general, non-influencer, non-social media rider who is looking for the best all-around hyper performance euc.

Kuji definitely showcased its prowess and build quality. The safety and battery features alone will sway the majority of riders to the V13.

The v13 definitely does not strike me as an all around wheel. 

57 minutes ago, Robse said:

Weird review. Kuji doesn't seem to have fun at all.

Totally. :( Almost cringy at a couple of points (when he's saying "let's put the usual music for acceleration testing" or something like that...).

• Like 1

Well, now we know why it’s called the Challenger, it seems that one of the world’s best known and loved influencers found it to be a ‘challenger’ in some respects at least (tech trails, low speed manoeuvrability, lifting, non-suspension mode performance…) but I enjoyed his take on this landmark wheel very much, despite his somewhat obvious less than effusive nod to the actual product. 

I’ve no doubt it’ll be a great seller, solid and mostly reliable, fast and planted over the distance it will cover, albeit perhaps not so quick off the mark for other less able riders, but few would argue as to the build quality of the wheel. Whether or not it’s got that ‘sweet spot’/X-factor will be determined over time, but there’s plenty to like, if not actually be crazy mad about. My main observation was surrounding the vulnerability of the bottom of the suspension rods/cylinders, which to my mind seemed to be rather more vulnerable than the Sh -S’s battery wires in a similar place, but it’ll sure be interesting to see them both compared head to head in a future review, hopefully covering their respective performance in all the common criteria.

Thanks Kuji, we owe you!   There’s going to be renewed interest in those vintage ‘Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico Tokyo mid runners’ and Ray-bans come springtime!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Feel like he is just trying to be quirky and go against the grain. I honestly think gyrowheel sounds wack and even nerdier than EUCs already make us look. Ill stick to calling it EUC. Even monowheel is ok

Yup. Gyrowheel sounds like food at a carnival. Monowheel is too general, plus sounds like "monorail" which The Simpsons killed long ago...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't help wondering what the range would be if riding 40-60kph.  I suspect it would be a pretty decent range, especially if the range is 60km when riding MUCH faster.  Around the city I live in the most common speed limit is 50kph, so if I ride on the road I could easily get away with travelling at 40-60kph, but not at 70-90kph.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

I can't help wondering what the range would be if riding 40-60kph.  I suspect it would be a pretty decent range, especially if the range is 60km when riding MUCH faster.  Around the city I live in the most common speed limit is 50kph, so if I ride on the road I could easily get away with travelling at 40-60kph, but not at 70-90kph.

From what he's telling us, fanging it at 70-90kmh gives him 60ishKMs then you're probably gonna eek out about 80-90km going between 40-60kmh.   Now saying this... Kuji's review is only the first of many to come.  I think a clearer picture will emerge when other EUC reviewers make their case.  Jack of Electric Dreams has always been the no nonsense on his reviews so temper that with Kuji's and go from there. 

2 hours ago, UPONIT said:

Why is he trying so hard to change the name to GyroWheel? Language doesn't work like that. "EUC" isn't an acronym and it avoids saying unicycle anyway.

We might be in danger of becoming the fabled ‘Two cultures separated by a common language’ here! If EUC isn’t an acronym, then wtf is it, lol? Should we ‘wiki’ it? 😆

Speaking of cultures, it may be the case that Europeans have more of a  leaning toward the term gyrowheel (gyro from gyroscope, the clever/‘magic’ bit that, in new electrotech form helps keeps the wheel upright), also the term ‘giroroue’ (gyrowheel) is the common description in France and French speaking European countries though quite possibly excepting French speaking Canada, IDK - see what he did there? 😆

Anyway, I’m sure we can gauge the feeling of the wider community by conducting a poll….oh, wait…

Edited by Freeforester
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

😆

Anyway, I’m sure we can gauge the feeling of the wider community by conducting a poll….oh, wait…

I vote for the Danish version because it will be easy to remember:  Ethjulet selvbalancerende elektrisk cykel

Goodnight :P

• Haha 3

Not sure why people are surprised about Kujis video. It's exactly what I expected and seems in line with his previous videos.

It's a big wheel and I don't think you should compare the Sherman s to the v13. The Sherman s is going to be much more nimble and the v13 is going to be better at speed and have more stability in general. 

Inmotion have clearly shown they are focused on safety and are avoiding the same debacle as the v12. 

Weight will be interesting. People said the hero was too heavy for MTB trails but it works very well. 

I'm keen to take it on some dirt bike / adventure bike trails. 

• Like 1