Mango

8 hours ago, rebeuc said:

I think I can answer that last part with a bit of geosleuthing since I saw there was a checkers diagonally across from a tires plus and then a bike shop on the other side of the intersection.

His starting position appears to be in Gainesville Florida facing east on W University Avenue at the intersection with SW 34th Street

GPS coordinates approximately 29.652035805086065, -82.3726393301134

Wow! Thanks. Talk about pinpoint accuracy...:clap3:

16 hours ago, techyiam said:

The road he is on is kind of devoid of bumps and potholes.

But how can you tell with the reality distorting, information blocking $%##% -ing fisheye effect action camera makers think is useful? GRRRRRRRR:furious:

But the info you want makes all kinds of sense. It sounds like there will be only one American tester. Could be bad translation?

I dunno... I choose Glass Half Full. I have absolute blind faith that InMotion has it under control and will do this perfectly with no mistakes.  :)

(I made them colorful in case I have to eat them later...) :D

11 hours ago, novazeus said:

omg!

that is nuts!

all the drivers obsessed with their phones.

I would never go as fast as this EUC looks capable of. What I see in that honkin motor is the ability to make it up the punishingly STEEP streets in my little town without burning up or exploding.

It ain't just drivers. Pedestrians of all ages, but especially young whippersnappers, locked into their phones were the nerve-wrackingest obstacles when I finally got the courage to leave the astroturf for the first time. No amount of honking or shouting can get their attention. it is freaky and dangerous and I don't get it.:blink1: AND AND AND now my state thought it would be a good thing to decriminalize jaywalking. YIKES. I mean, I get the philosophy behind it. But the practical effects of cell phone zombies stepping out from everywhere without looking.... how could that go wrong?

Sorry for the rant. :wub:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

But how can you tell with the reality distorting,

Near the very end, he did go over a mild speed bump. You can plainly see the wheel and the rider reacting to the bump.

Also, when the camera was showing the front view, you can clearly see there were no relative motion between the tire and the front crash bar.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Near the very end, he did go over a mild speed bump. You can plainly see the wheel and the rider reacting to the bump.

Also, when the camera was showing the front view, you can clearly see there were no relative motion between the tire and the front crash bar.

correct on both points.

I think it was actually a speed "hump" which is even bigger. It was pretty impressive how rock steady the V13 was when he was leaning all over the place. I don't know if that's an unqualified good thing, but just from a physics perspective, it was hecka cool. :D

Camber for drainage and cars kick debris from the road, usually ends up at the shoulder/gutters.

Bike lanes can be dirty, depending on frequency of street sweeping.

More problematic at higher speeds achievable on EUCs now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UPONIT said:

I would never go as fast as this EUC looks capable of. What I see in that honkin motor is the ability to make it up the punishingly STEEP streets in my little town without burning up or exploding.

It ain't just drivers. Pedestrians of all ages, but especially young whippersnappers, locked into their phones were the nerve-wrackingest obstacles when I finally got the courage to leave the astroturf for the first time. No amount of honking or shouting can get their attention. it is freaky and dangerous and I don't get it.:blink1: AND AND AND now my state thought it would be a good thing to decriminalize jaywalking. YIKES. I mean, I get the philosophy behind it. But the practical effects of cell phone zombies stepping out from everywhere without looking.... how could that go wrong?

Sorry for the rant. :wub:

u know, i was only using my wheels to go to my gate and back, but now i will be going off ranch for stuff amazon can't deliver, ie pulling these stitches out of my mouth.

i have a tiny atwood airhorn i bought because the airhorn on my boat stopped working.

those little airhorns sb perfect. they hurt ur ears. don't be mean !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paul A said:

Camber for drainage and cars kick debris from the road, usually ends up at the shoulder/gutters.

Bike lanes can be dirty, depending on frequency of street sweeping.

More problematic at higher speeds achievable on EUCs now.

every experienced street motorcyclist knows that u ride in the road ruts.

i rode next to the centerline protecting my lane.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UPONIT said:

Notes: I don't want to be the first person to bring this up, and I doubt that I am.  I am also not a marketing expert. I have been wondering this since I heard of this wheel. I'm not superstitious, I just don't want to be debbie downer, so... I'm going to ask this very vaguely and trust that someone will get it.

Has it been discussed before, the... uhhhh... variety of "historical and cultural shadings" possible for the name given to this wheel? At least in English(?) and American markets?

V13 Challenger

I mean it probably doesn't matter at all. But it has been bugging the crap out of me so this thread seems like the logical place to get informed opinions.

Me: The first thought that crossed my mind was: a lot of American buildings irrationally go from floor 12 to floor 14... if you catch my drift.

Second thought: Challenger has many many wonderful connotations. But...

Third thought: Remember when Chevrolet named a model the Chevy Nova without having a Spanish speaker take a whack at it? That's what I'm getting at I guess...

Does this even matter? I'd really like to hear what people think. Numbers and names have different associations around the globe, obviously.

But if bringing this up is like being the ants at the picnic, I retract this entire line of questioning! :facepalm:

Don’t worry, you weren’t the first. From p 11, back in July, following the name change from ‘Raptor’ :

Posted July 15 (edited)

On 7/15/2022 at 6:35 PM,  Robse said: 

if, and if that wheel can go +100 kph  there will be a serious need to be able to easily disassemble the wheel / rim with tire and mount it in a tire balancing machine to make a balancing.

If it goes that fast at the current stage of wheel development by the company, it may turn out to be all too appropriately named. FFS, are they goading the US market?? Conqueror I could live with, but who in the name of Christendom chose that name?

Edit - Credit where credit is due - at least they didn’t name the V 13 either “Doodlebug”, or “Apollo”

• Like 2