Mango

9 hours ago, Chucka Wheelie said:

I wouldn't loose too much sleep mate... Of all the PEV manufacturers out there, inMotion is the one company I worry about the least. 

i wasn't too worried. i have outside storage for all my wheels, so if i was losing sleep, i could have walked it out to it's little garage, but it was 1am and dark. 

thanks so much for ur input. that's why i post these unusual circumstances, hoping someone else has experienced the same.

Edited by novazeus
typo
  • Like 1

So i had the app. disconnect on me twice today. What was weird was that it happened both times when it slipped and spun the tire a second. One time was on a stick in the trail and another was on some deep snow on the trail as well. Anyone else have this happen?

• Like 2

range and suspension review.

so today i started with 123psi on the shocks and i wore my thin soled van's so i could evaluate the suspension better. 

815D4B1D-3ECB-4A00-925E-698990458273.jpeg.b1d17daf28ed7b7ddfa9a5b9a7bc00ae.jpeg

after ten or so miles, i then i pumped it up to 200psi. u feel the craters and ridges, but 123 is definitely cushier. i could probably run on my road at 100psi, but idk if that might damage the shock. running 40psi on a 45psi max tire. i decided to run the shocks at 148psi and see how that works for awhile. pumping it up to 200psi raises the pedal height and there's not much bounce up and down. 140ish seems to be a happy medium for me at 190 pounds riding weight. 

yesterday's finish, 30 miles on 28% battery

987B8C73-7E80-4EB9-9820-535ACE8FD4F7.png.8beb4a797c8b27a98d13eca867e31a9e.png

today's finish, 30 miles 29% battery. went a fraction faster today. another nice windy day for practice.

26D33775-6CEE-40DE-926A-AC6752D7ACAB.png.19e8ca253eefbae32af2d8a36e607a0b.png

idk how far people run down their batteries before recharging, but if u ride sensibly, u should get all the range u need.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

when it slipped and spun the tire a second.

Didn’t fall though?   How did you know the app had disconnected?  Wrist phone holder?

Edited by Josiah

16 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Didn’t fall though?   How did you know the app had disconnected?  Wrist phone holder?

No fall, tire just spun a few times and i immediately shifted my weight back to catch it. I could hear the sound it makes when connecting/dis connecting."i usually wear a skate helmet" so i can hear it. Plus i looked down to see the icon not lit anymore. My phone was in a pocket of my pants and it has accidental swipe protection so it wasn't that. Both times i was just creeping along off road about 5- 10mph.

• Thanks 1

When I did seated riding on my Nikola with my custom modded seat, it was very easy to accelerate forward. The main reason is that the seat sat in the very center top of the trolley handle. A mere scoot forward and I would accelerate with ease. 
Now that I was able to unlock my V13 to max speed 56 mph, it is still quite hard to accelerate on the V13 doing seated riding. I think the main reason as a seated rider is that the seat is not on the center top but instead is more located at the rear. Would a calibration of -1 (tilting back) on the app make the V13 more responsive in accelerating with seated riding? Has anyone ever tried this with adjusting the calibration to make the V13 more responsive for seated riding?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

V13 more responsive for seated riding

Funny, i just tried seated riding the other day and was able to do it without crashing. I had the same observation and just assumed it was me not sitting correctly. If you sit on the seat the weight is definitely back further than you want it for seated riding. I actually changed the tilt from +1 to +2 so i was leaning forward more. Between that and raising the acceleration assist to 45% i was able to go up several hill accelerating seated so flat ground should be no problem.

• Upvote 1

So you ended up having to lean forward more by making the tilt positive. Wouldn’t the effort be less then to accelerate  if I made the tilt more negative?

1 hour ago, Ethereal said:

Wouldn’t the effort be less then to accelerate  if I made the tilt more negative?

That was my first assumption, however it seemed to be more difficult because my weight is shifted back from center point. It's the same idea as acceleration assist that tilts the unit forward to assist you in accelerating i guess. At least that has been my experience.

57 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Great idea.  Is +1 the standard setting.  I’ve been riding at 0

i honestly don't know, some of the video's with testers, it looks like they have it tilted back. The only time i do that is if i am running at night and have to tilt back for the headlight to be level.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, novazeus said:

the lady said something and then a message to call my reseller, etc

It says "Please repair!". I got the same message on Friday when messing up with my V12-HT upon adjusting the new parking stand and repeatedly turning it off and on in short intervals. 

• Like 2

another 30 miles on the beast in windy conditions.

6485BFF1-3D8E-4DAB-8F8C-102C72F0DA86.thumb.png.00f872e715e9d9cd08ea71efe49697c7.png

after watching @GoGeorgeGounboxing and his take on setting up suspension on his new wheel, after a few miles at 145 psi, i decided to pump it up to 175 psi. i could probably ride my road at 100 psi, but raising the psi, also raises the cog and makes the ride different. not that big of a difference in mitigating ridges and craters. 2 turns out on the dampner. 

i had a bag of garbage i wanted to take to my dumpster, so i pulled out the s22. the s22 is so much easier to ride than the v13. easier than the s18 with it's narrow jiluer tire too. i still couldn't make it all the way to my dumpster. carrying anything in the wind is very very difficult. anyway, here's my fleet so people can compare sizes. 

s18, 57 pounds. s22, 77 pounds. v13, 117 pounds.

62286E44-6DB5-4152-B04E-E5877A8F6FF9.thumb.jpeg.bf7fc27bd768a43a7b2387d9ca5cca90.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

It's fine if you want to kill yourself, but it's a shitty thing to do to the driver of the vehicle that kills you. My two cents.

The carnage as a result of motorcycle group rides are usually many times worse.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Chooch ripping it on the v-13 again.  A bit of hyperbole involved in this vid. but he makes it look easy.

haha ha drag racing 😂😂😂 against a motorcycle, any time Chooch 😁 (I'm riding a 2001 Yamaha Vmax )

1 hour ago, Robse said:

haha ha drag racing 😂😂😂 against a motorcycle, any time Chooch 😁 (I'm riding a 2001 Yamaha Vmax )

Yeah it's something of pyrrhic victory racing cars and bikes. You can win for 3 seconds, and then losing is inevitable !

However, 3 seconds IS just log enough to appreciate the surprise on their faces, and you can pretend you've made your point and stopped racing after that :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Speeding, amongst cars.

Lane Splitting / Lane Changing on a motorcycle. Crash Compilation [2021]

yeah california is nuts to allow lane splitting. i would never do that. course i'd probably never ride in ca either. florida is just as bad now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1