Mango

15 hours ago, sWiFt said:

its probably gonna be possible to overpower any wheel for a while

This has been discussed heavily here (and later on split into a separate thread) and due to the nature of EUC it's basically impossible to make it overlean proof ...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Hey guys, I’m still new at this.  But yesterday I pushed myself and challenger.   seems like the wheel held up pretty well, and is more than capable of this type of riding.   My main problem is  a lot of my falls are sort of slow motion and controlled before I dump the wheel. I try to avoid dropping it and catch it because when I drop it, the tire free spins and the wheel goes out of control spinning around on the ground shooting rocks. 

wow you really are showcasing how versatile the v13 can be!!! I'd like to see you experience these jumps with the s22 pro I bet it would be more fun

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i'm at 185psi and 2.5 turns clockwise off no dampening?

Sounds like a decent over the road setting, off road i might go 1/2 turn less .The speed unlocks at 60km i think. You have to go into the app and unlock it after that mileage. Gratz on the new wheel. It looks....well it looks like a runaway corduroy monstrosity. The underside of the pedal protection might be a bit much but you cant be too careful. Look forward to hearing your opinion on this wheel. As far as the pedal softness i played with that a little today , 100% seems to be soft and 0% is stiff. I am now assist around 55% acceleration 70% braking. No power assist i found it super difficult getting up hills at speed.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Sounds like a decent over the road setting, off road i might go 1/2 turn less .The speed unlocks at 60km i think. You have to go into the app and unlock it after that mileage. Gratz on the new wheel. It looks....well it looks like a runaway corduroy monstrosity. The underside of the pedal protection might be a bit much but you cant be too careful. Look forward to hearing your opinion on this wheel. As far as the pedal softness i played with that a little today , 100% seems to be soft and 0% is stiff. I am now assist around 55% acceleration 70% braking. No power assist i found it super difficult getting up hills at speed.

i thought it was decided that 100% in the pedal softness thing, was actually the opposite. u would think 100% pedal softness would give u the softest pedals but it's actually reversed. i'm pretty sure if i had it on max pedal softness i woulda had a panic attack. i'll play with it tmrw. 

all 3 of my wheels are performing pretty well except for the software glitch on the s22. the next device operating software should fix it. 

the v13 feels identical to the s22. s22 has the ground down knobby on it which is working fine, and the v13 has the street tire on it and i didn't even think about doing anything special on my 90 degree curve. street tire is a little quieter too, i like that. 

yeah, i peeked in a topic about freemounting on hills. so thankful florida is flat.

hard to tell after just a couple of miles today, but the v13 will probably be my favorite wheel. better be. i have 4000 reasons why it better be. 

about the yoga mat on the bottom of the pedals. if i dork a wheel, it's usually a tip over dismounting or stopping, caused by daydreaming. the yoga mat makes it a non-event. 

i've owned 11 wheels now and the v13 definitely makes the most groaning noises. idk what that is, but it is definitely the noiseist. so asking about the noise isn't a noob thing at all. it's not loud, but it is noticeable. 

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, novazeus said:

v13 definitely makes the most groaning noises. idk what that is, but it is definitely the noiseist

Agreed, i thought it might be partially from the tire but if you notice it with the street tire on it then it's definitely all motor. I'm going to play with it tomorrow again myself but maybe someone who actually knows can chime in. I'm working on about 60 total miles on the 13 so no expert for sure. The suspension seems amazing compared to the v11. Night and day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Agreed, i thought it might be partially from the tire but if you notice it with the street tire on it then it's definitely all motor. I'm going to play with it tomorrow again myself but maybe someone who actually knows can chime in. I'm working on about 60 total miles on the 13 so no expert for sure. The suspension seems amazing compared to the v11. Night and day.

i'm guessing it's the motor. it is also the biggest wheel motor i've ever owned. 

with my road and tree roots under the pavement, and my lurch like riding mode, if my feet don't leave the pedals, the suspension is working. if my feet hurt afterwards, the suspension isn't working as good as i like. 

i just did a couple of runs to my gate. pretty darn sure my pedals are at maximum hardness. 

the wheel display says 100% softness while the app displays 100% hardness. i vote for the app.

74DE835F-14F6-4BDF-9F02-D340954EA343.jpeg.b565f0ce08b0314c6d56473af8b96d63.jpeg

CBB54B1F-5DB9-4B70-AD92-3C4EFBDA9BD3.png.9aea68ddf68308ae65e5b7c3509d9022.png

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

No power assist i found it super difficult getting up hills at speed.

yeah, the balls of my feet are at the front edge of the pedals. toes are hanging way over. i've got 2" of pedal rearward i'll never use. 

doesn't do any good putting on bigger pedals that are in the wrong place. on the plus side, braking is no problem. 

i'm generally not into customization, but forward bias pedals might be a consideration for me for this v13.

31 minutes ago, Eyss said:

6YTpewE.jpeg

The challenger has arrived! 

The first few KMs were a very interesting time. My thoughts and feelings went from one extreme to another. 

The wheel is both big and small. Its kind of smaller than I was expecting but it's still big. 

I don't like knobby tires but I don't mind this one so far. Corners and carves nicely. 

I thought I wouldn't be able to do slow riding but I was able to do a walking pace without too much of a issue. 

Doing 25 is easy as well. 

It feels like my Sherman when I first got it. Feels like a tank and it'll roll through anything. 

Overall really like the wheel so far. You can tell inmotion spent a lot of time refining the wheel. It feels so polished 

beautiful enjoy Eyss

• Like 2