Mango

15 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Left pack off now.

I like how you chose to work on it like a savage without even rinsing it off..:laughbounce2: In all seriousness though ,good job. You got it done and in pretty decent time also.

is the left side the bad side i take it? Pretty sure inmotion knows which side, they can connect every time you connect to it. Also good job on the speed of getting parts, i'm on week 3.:efee565ab0:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sWiFt said:

If the forward setting increases your leverage in control, it translates to an inceased demand on the wheel. Comparable to like how a set of power pads wont change the performance of the wheel, but rather let you tap into it, which stress the wheel more.

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Situations like sudden bumps at steady speed end up with a steeper forward lean with softer modes, since the wheel doesn’t react instantly to the forward lean. And since softer modes do some of the acceleration effort on the riders behalf, it’s easier to get into an overly strong lean.

Okay so why doesn't InMotion limit top speed when you set the pedal angle forward?

Regardless, that's a stupid reason to limit top speed. Using good pads, forward foot placement, good lean technique, and being heavy also allows you to overpower the wheel. They have tilt-back and alarms to warn you.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

11 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Okay so why doesn't InMotion limit top speed when you set the pedal angle forward?

I guess I wasn’t able to put it into words very well. The angle is not the issue. The movement is. Hard mode and forwards angle will be at the same angle all the time (until overpowered). It would feel goofy, but if you hit a bump, the wheel would still react instantly.

A softer mode takes time as it lets the wheel tilt forward in the same situation. During that time the rider doesn’t have a stable platform to stand on, them is practically falling forward. To stop the forward fall you need to accelerate harder than just to climb up a bump. And at high speeds a lot can happen in a very short time.

Regardless, that's a stupid reason to limit top speed.

Yet, that’s what Inmotion have decided to be the best approach. Why is it such a problem to you? Trung said that it only slows down the max speed if the pedal sensitivity is below 50%. 50% should be soft enough for most speedsters.

Using good pads, forward foot placement, good lean technique, and being heavy also allows you to overpower the wheel. They have tilt-back and alarms to warn you.

Tilt-back and alarms aren’t helpful if you hit a large surprise hole that you try to get yourself up from without falling forward. Instant pedal reaction is.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cerbera said:

getting his V13 into a car

Just pick it up and place it into the car......

Will the INMOTION v13 fit in the boot of a Toyota Corolla?

149 subscribers

Mar 6, 2023

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I guess I wasn’t able to put it into words very well. The angle is not the issue. The movement is. Hard mode and forwards angle will be at the same angle all the time (until overpowered). It would feel goofy, but if you hit a bump, the wheel would still react instantly.

A softer mode takes time as it lets the wheel tilt forward in the same situation. During that time the rider doesn’t have a stable platform to stand on, them is practically falling forward. To stop the forward fall you need to accelerate harder than just to climb up a bump. And at high speeds a lot can happen in a very short time.

The problem is nobody has really been able to describe how soft mode actually works.

Earlier I described a soft mode with hard stops on either end, and you said “I think that’s how softer modes do work, as a general framework”. Now you’re saying that no matter how tilted the wheel already is, it’ll continue tilting even further if you apply enough torque (hit a bump, lean harder etc).

I agree, that does sound like a dangerous mode that you may want to limit top speed on. Why on Earth would they not set a limit to the wheel’s tilt angle (where you reach hard mode)? The rider could set their preferred angle hard mode kicks in, as well as the force needed to reach it. No artificial speed limiting required.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Yet, that’s what Inmotion have decided to be the best approach. Why is it such a problem to you? Trung said that it only slows down the max speed if the pedal sensitivity is below 50%. 50% should be soft enough for most speedsters.

Tilt-back and alarms aren’t helpful if you hit a large surprise hole that you try to get yourself up from without falling forward. Instant pedal reaction is.

I wonder what the Physics (Ergonomics?) reasons are that Soft mode is so much more enjoyable on a tiny wheel like the Mten4, but not on larger wheels?   :confused1:

Is it that the tinies are already skittish enough and need to have their reactivity "toned down"?

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Regardless, that's a stupid reason to limit top speed. Using good pads, forward foot placement, good lean technique, and being heavy also allows you to overpower the wheel. They have tilt-back and alarms to warn you.

I dont know how Inmotion reason, but I dont see what that would accomplish. Also, it can still easily undo your "advantage" with a simple tiltback. :D 

Safety is never a stupid reason to limit the speed and yes, its probably gonna be possible to overpower any wheel for a while - it just shouldn´t be easy or surprising.

Edited by sWiFt
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Looks like I’m back in business with this wheel!  

Great to hear and nice job, can't wait for you to share some more adventures.

18 minutes ago, Josiah said:

stripped out wood screw.

Ot-ohh...lol ,you didn't use a cordless did you?..:P Yeah the trolly handle screws defiantly hold down the cover along with the side screws, its not going anywhere.

Who's for a name change "The everything v-13 tread"? @Mango:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1