Value of EUC Suspension?

tommypriest

43 minutes ago, Nostris said:

I always got the idea that the V11 was Inmotions first attempt at a suspension wheel, and it seems a pretty good first attempt. The V12 is surely the successor to the V10, which I guess will be retired before long as it is not hugely better than the V8f…. There no longer seems to be a reason for the V10. 

The V10F offers nearly double the range of the V8F, has a wider and more comfortable tyre and goes a little faster as well. There aren't many relaxed commuter wheels that can easily be lifted up a flight of stairs except the KS16S and Tesla. 

Edit: basically repeating what yoos just said but he types faster than me

Edited by mike_bike_kite
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Nostris said:

I always got the idea that the V11 was Inmotions first attempt at a suspension wheel, and it seems a pretty good first attempt. The V12 is surely the successor to the V10, which I guess will be retired before long as it is not hugely better than the V8f…. There no longer seems to be a reason for the V10. 

The V8, V10, and V12 series are three distinct product categories that don't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon. The V8 series is the king of the entry-level and particularly last-mile commuters and remains the top-selling EUC for many years (quite possibly of all time). Wheels like the V11 and V12 are high-end enthusiast models around $2k. The V10 series remains firmly in the middle between those two extremes competing in roughly the same category as the Tesla, either as an entry-level/cheaper device for larger/heavier riders (who can't really go any smaller in the IM lineup), or a bit-higher-end device for riders limited by device carry weight (for example my g/f can barely lift the V10f at 45 lbs up a flight of stairs, but there's no way she's doing so with a 60lbs wheel.)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

The V10F offers nearly double the range of the V8F, has a wider and more comfortable tyre and goes a little faster as well. There aren't many relaxed commuter wheels that can easily be lifted up a flight of stairs except the KS16S and Tesla. 

Edit: basically repeating what yoos just said but he types faster than me

There's a new V8 model, the V8S, which cuts the range discrepancy between the V8F and V10F by about half/brings them much closer (particularly at the V8's slower speeds). I think the launch of this model is further muddling people's perception of the relation between the two lines. But I think people forget/underestimate how at those slow speeds even a few mph difference in speed capacity can make a big difference, and then there're the difference in rider weight limits (and the needs of heavier riders).

• Like 1