KS 16x or S18

No1up

About 220lb rider, I'd like to about 19 - 22mph. Or just a little faster than the OW XR. When riding the OW at more than crawling speeds, I always feel like a nose dive in coming so I don't think I've got past 17mph. Ish. 

I just want to cruise and relax. A nice comfortable ride. The shock and look of the S18 is a real draw. I just l love it. 

The 16x range, speed, lights, Bluetooth speakers are awsome.. 

I won't be doing crazy stuff. Just rising trails and on the streets. 

• Like 3

Yeah, 16X without a doubt. The S18 is a borderline failure from KS. They still haven’t gotten the suspension alignment fixed a year after launch.

But if you really want to relax, you might want to look into the Inmotion V11.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

Man... all the great reviews pushed me to pull the trigger on the S18.. hopefully they didn't ship it yet and I can cancel it. 

• Like 2

If you can’t cancel the order, all is not lost. You might get lucky, or you could always perform a suspension fix by yourself. Hopefully not necessarily to this level, but you can get great tips from here:

• Like 2

After reading the forum seems the only reliable unit is the sherman.. I think I might just cancel and hold off these things are too expensive to not be reliable. Say what you want about the one wheel but if seen them go through he'll and back 5 times and they keep running. Might just go with "old reliable" but I REALLY HATE to give FM any money. Those ass hays don't deserve a dime.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, No1up said:

After reading the forum seems the only reliable unit is the sherman..

You have to remember that whoever has an issue with their wheel, the first thing they do is come here and post about the issue. Five guys talking about an issue can easily seem like everybody’s having an issue and talking about it, when in reality the issue rate can still be as low as 0.1%.

The Sherman is absolutely not without it’s flaws though. :P

If you want a wheel that is proven to be reliable time and time again with very low failure rates, you simply need to buy the 18XL.

There aren’t really any dangerously unreliable wheels made anymore, so little oversight at the factory don’t need to ruin the experience completely.

Besides, things do progress. For example the V11 now comes with much stronger saddle brackets as well as bearing covers straight from the factory. But people don’t talk about these upgrades, yet the discussion on the issues on the earlier batches will stay alive for a long time.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, No1up said:

After reading the forum seems the only reliable unit is the sherman..

Please don't get blinded by the Sherman being bulletproof, as that is definitely Not the case unfortunately!

I speak from experience after having 2 motherboard failures added to the current debate over whether or not Veteran have replaced the, for some, problematic 40mm wide rim with a 60mm that can be damaged far more easily (if it did not already arrive with faults/cracks).

Just something else to be aware of, as there is most definitely No perfect EUC or any brand that does Not drop the ball in the QC department!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3

Well crap... I'm not willing to shell out nearly 2k for something that's not rock solid. And I don't think I'm ready to give FM my money. I don't like being nickled and dimed. 

5 hours ago, No1up said:

Man... all the great reviews pushed me to pull the trigger on the S18.. hopefully they didn't ship it yet and I can cancel it. 

If you're relying on most Youtube reviewers, you're beyond help. Most of them have only one thing in mind and that is not the best for you.

Try to make your own picture with information from the forum or elsewhere, and if it is still a bad buy, you have at least learned something. :efee612b4b:

But that's better than being taken in by self-serving gossip.

• Like 1

The S18 is a great wheel! Not sure where this doom and gloom about it (and EUCs in general) in this thread suddenly is coming from.

Get the wheel you really want (maybe it's the S18 if you quickly ordered one) and enjoy (whichever one you choose). EUCs are a great joy to experience, don't miss out. And if you buy from ewheels, you will surely have great support if something isn't going as it should.

• Like 3

I have both 16x and s18 and it would be hard to choose one. The longer range and torque, nimbleness of the 16x is really nice to just cruise around town with (even seated is great), but the s18 suspension ride is truly something. I'd figure out if the s18 battery will be too small or not, then go to whether you want it more solid for tips and falls. Can't go wrong with either but you might want the longer range for having only one euc. 

• Like 1

On a side not, I had zero issues with the s18 suspension or with wheel in general (4th batch). You'll be happy with it. Nice thing is you can drill/tap the stock pedals for pins because the thin plate is on the underside and not on top like most other wheel pedals

• Like 1

Well.. you guys are confusing lol. They haven't shipped it yet. So I can cancel it. I asked which batch # it is.. waiting on reply. I really don't want any other wheel. The look is a big draw for me. It's the only wheel that doesn't look like a toy. The x16, and the Sherman aren't too far behind. But nothing else grabbed my attention.  

Any thoughts on the v11? After a long ride on a OW XR my feet were in constant pain and numb and the same time. So I think air suspension would be wonderful. 

Don't cancel the s18, you will love it. The looks got me as well and then riding with the suspension once I dialed it in, was a pretty drastic difference on the knees after riding. Knees didn't feel swollen after the s18 riding. Also if you don't want to spend the money on the nice cushioned russian side pads, you only need one strip of the baby bumper stuff along the top sides for legs to grip when needed. Huge difference in the ride when you feel that grip security when needed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No1up said:

I really don't want any other wheel.

Then by all means get it! :thumbup: This is how you know which one to get: your intuition tells you you "just want that one". Always follow your intuition when choosing a EUC, because it includes all the small things you can't be aware about but that count for you.

54 minutes ago, No1up said:

Any thoughts on the v11? After a long ride on a OW XR my feet were in constant pain and numb and the same time. So I think air suspension would be wonderful. 

Damn fine wheel. More range than the S18, but the S18 has the even more serious suspension, and its has its looks. You can't go wrong with either.

• Like 3

Which one is more reliable, less maintenance, more safe, fun, comfortable. If I have to fix it, which one would be easier to do so? Last but not least.. which one will get me all the ladies? Kidding, both are probably beyond my ability to repair. 

V11 OR S18.

Love the speakers on the 16x, can speakers be attached some way to these? I have a nice JBL BT speaker. Love pretty much everything on the V11 but looks.. the s18.. if the v11 looked like rhe s18 there would be no debate here lol. 

I love the look of the S18 and like the functionality of the V11 but personally I wouldn't go with either, especially if you crash a lot. If you're learning then you usually crash a lot. So far, none of the suspension wheels have proved particularly reliable. The S18 also doesn't have a huge battery which might be an issue at your weight. If you really value reliability over everything then the 18XL is a good choice. The 16X, the Nikola Plus (you'd need a body cover to protect it from scratches)  and probably the Inmotion V12 would all be good choices.

40 minutes ago, No1up said:

Love the speakers on the 16x, can speakers be attached some way to these? I have a nice JBL BT speaker. 

Ill use a bt when riding 16x regardless. Beeps will go through the speaker up closer to helmet if you hang the bt speaker up by chest as the wheel speakers will be lost in the wind if riding a decent speed. Plus you save all the battery for the ride lol

Edited by Dreygun
  • Like 1

Well 18xl and 16x are out stock 😭 s18 or V11... you have a gun at your head... you're forced to make a decision based on what you know.. reliability, safety, easy maintenance, comfort, range, speed, are the most important to you. Click click... make your choice.. or a OW, that's the given 3rd choice lol. 

46 minutes ago, No1up said:

V11 OR S18.

If you close your eyes, in your dreams, on your mind when you don't think about it - which one do you see? It's that one.

For me, it's more range/battery + a comfy suspension (V11) vs. looks, a bit more nimbleness and fun, and an extra cool and sweet suspension (S18). Both are really nice wheels.

• Like 3