Alien Rides/Begode Collab - Nikola AR+ 2700wh

Alien Rides

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does the AR Nik+ have the same cells as the regular Nik+? If so, is this one of the models with the elevated fire risk per the eWheels recall? (obviously not part of the exact recall since different distributor, but curious if it's basically 50% worse according to this metric)

Edited by squirrel

The 48X are in the official 2700Wh Nikola that EcoDrift looked at. What I posted says nothing about what's in the AR+.

You can reasonably assume they use the 48X for the AR+ (which came before the official 2700Wh Nik), but it's only an assumption. Whether they use the 48X on all new Niks is a question, too. Maybe only on the 2700Wh models?

Maybe a quick email to @Alien Ridescan clear this up for good, so no evil LG cells turn up anywhere.

• Like 2

With this many cells in parallel, the individual cell current should stay within the safe limits of the mfr recommended data, IF that is truly the case of the failures. 

That's one of the reasons why I was okay with buying this model over the nik+, 50% more cells. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2021 at 5:34 PM, bracky72 said:

I’ve got 150 miles on mine now and am getting well adjusted to it.

What an incredible wheel. It’s so fast and smooth. I’m not brave enough to go much over 30 but it will cruise at that speed effortlessly. Even up hills it just keeps cranking along. Yet at the same time it’s nimble at slow speeds. You can do very small circles without scraping the pedals.

With all the new wheels coming out it’s easy to overlook this one but it’s a real gem. For the features and seeing how expensive new wheels are getting this thing is a good value. I’m so glad I got it. :)

C8B9170E-D690-438B-B740-9505C059F923.jpeg

Where did you get this cover?

3 hours ago, bracky72 said:

I got it from ewheels. It’s one of these. 

https://www.roll.nz/21-euc-bodyguard

Still loving the wheel. :)

Good to hear you're still loving the AR Nik since I was planning to get one!

It's selling now for 2199.00 BUT with only a 6 month warranty. The change from 2yr to 6mo warranty made me pause though. Not that I was expecting any problems from the wheel at all but I was curious if you, (or any other AR Nikola owner) had any thoughts on that! 

7 hours ago, JomMas said:

Good to hear you're still loving the AR Nik since I was planning to get one!

It's selling now for 2199.00 BUT with only a 6 month warranty. The change from 2yr to 6mo warranty made me pause though. Not that I was expecting any problems from the wheel at all but I was curious if you, (or any other AR Nikola owner) had any thoughts on that! 

There is no guarantee a retailer will still be around in 2 years to honor the warranty. That’s a great price.  Euc riding comes with some risk.  6 months is plenty of time to discover if it’s a “lemon”. 

I don’t think you will find better bang for your buck then this.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bracky72 said:

There is no guarantee a retailer will still be around in 2 years to honor the warranty. That’s a great price.  Euc riding comes with some risk.  6 months is plenty of time to discover if it’s a “lemon”. 

I don’t think you will find better bang for your buck then this.

Tell me about it, I own a Rockwheel and the axle has recently cracked lol :eff0541f4a:

Any problems with cooling? I just noticed AR is offering a fan upgrade for the Begode wheels for 75.00, I'm thinking of adding that...

https://alienrides.com/collections/accessories/products/gotway-fan-upgrades

I only ask because during a group ride at Griffith Park, one guy's Nikola started overheating, (I think there were 2 other Nikolas there that were fine though) so we had to stop for about 10 minutes so it could cool down... plus iirc the stock fan is super loud and the upgraded fans are supposed to run quieter.

I already had a broken fan in my Nik. That caused the wheel to overheat every 5 minutes. But after fixing it there is no problem at all, also with steep hills and heavy acceleration...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 12:37 AM, Alien Rides said:

Thanks, let me message some folks and see what we can do.

On 5/20/2021 at 12:17 PM, Alien Rides said:

Yup, the nikola was one of our favorite wheels out there, so it was our ideal platform to do this on.

Thank you, lots of good stuff coming out in the future, keep an eye out 4 months after you buy your next wheel.

Then @Alien Ridesran a sale for 2199$ and I go back and check up on it a week later it’s 2599$ humbugggg