Alien Rides/Begode Collab - Nikola AR+ 2700wh

• 2 months later...

This wheel is such a sleeper. I love it so much. I did a 53 mile trail ride down the c&o canal towpath last weekend averaging 20-35 mph the whole way. I had  28% battery at the end.  It was so satisfying. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, bracky72 said:

This wheel is such a sleeper. I love it so much. I did a 53 mile trail ride down the c&o canal towpath last weekend averaging 20-35 mph the whole way. I had  28% battery at the end.  It was so satisfying. :)

Good report as I’m planning on some distance riding before summer is over.

Down here in SWVA we have the Virginia Creeper Trail but I haven’t ridden that in over a year.

Edited by John Jones
OCD, duh
  • Like 1

Honestly gotta agree with this being a sleeper wheel. The fact that its heavier makes it feel as planted and stable as an 18 inch. Getting used to the width is a bit strange at first but once I find the proper footing, it's so comfy. 

Have only been riding around 15-20mph in soft mode but I never feel like I'm running out of juice. AlienRides' fan upgrade is also very effective and quiet (Thanks, Zach 👍).

I will advise you don't put the ExtremeBull Acrylic CNC pedals on if you, yknow, want them to close all the way. Some of the screws that hold the acrylic plate down protrude too far up and Impact the shell before it can even shut fully. Might also pose an issue if the wheel falls on its side.

All in all, we'll worth the 💰 

• Like 1

Loving this wheel more the longer I ride it. 1300 miles now. At first - damn this top heavy, unbalanced, kinda sluggish. Now, it's smooth, stable. Turns beautifully. Range is great. At least 50 miles for my riding style. 

Edited by wheelyboy
  • Like 2