Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

I wanted the 40t but was told they won’t do it for other resellers. Shame, I want to support local dealer so I couldn’t switch easily.

It kind of made me feel a little off, the option would be nice and after the problem of the fire a sweet upgrade for EVERYONE would have tasted better. 

I am still waiting with no eta yet.

Ordered GRIZZLA large (in red) and mount plates which are on the way.

No tire ordered yet but i’ve asked dealer about options. 

Keen! 

17 hours ago, Mango said:

Summer riding season is nearly over. It’s likely wiser to just wait for improved second/third batches and order then. S22 rollout has been an unmitigated disaster.

I just read that the west coast dockworkers labor contract expires this Friday.  They say that they do not expect to have an agreement for a new contract by the deadline.......   

Perfect timing

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paul A said:

Non US buyers could purchase from eWheels via a freight forwarder.

I wish we could just buy the 40T packs from eWheels and get them shipped to EU. Jason sent a battery pack for WrongWay to test but there is NO WAY at this moment to even buy a pack from eWheels to EU.

Probably because of limited stock, sure, but would be nice if I could get some email responses from eWheels.

Guess I’ll just run the OG pack to death before trying to replace the cells with P42A. (And I wonder if the BMS would allow it, don’t have much info on that front)

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, tk463 said:

I wish we could just buy the 40T packs from eWheels and get them shipped to EU.

Could buy the S22 with the 40Ts from eWheels.

No need to buy the battery pack separately.

One example of a US freight forwarder. 

https://www.shipito.com/en/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrvql0-PV-AIVI4ZLBR01swp3EAAYAyAAEgLtX_D_BwE

2 hours ago, Paul A said:

I actually do, because French stupidity would make it harder for me to insure and be able to ride somewhat legally here. Also, it would make it quite harder for warranty claims.

I'll see how it goes with my local retailer, if it goes to shit anyway I'll reconsider for my next model.

(The idea of having two battery packs "quite" easy to swap is also appealing, it's only a few screws and two xt90 minus the weight in a backpack)

• Upvote 1

Any information on aftermarket replacement pedals (specifically units with angle adjustment options)? I know that NyloNove and E-Rides have offerings, but neither are in stock and I personally find them to be expensive. At this point in time I would probably lean towards the NyloNove to save some weight, plus I like their Kinetic power pad system. The Wolverines are nice too though.

https://hulaj.market/en/nylonove/253-nylonove-for-kingsong-s20-with-angle-adjustment-nylon-feet-for-the-euc.html

https://e-rides.com/product/electric-unicycle-honeycomb-spike-pedals-e-rideserides-pedals-wolverine-pedals/ 

2 minutes ago, Curt8892 said:

I am hoping my wheel will be delivered next week. Will take my time riding the trails with the wheel being in stock form and then see what needs upgrades. 

They’re on the same truck 

6 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

Rockshox vivid air

Does that unit replace the spring or piggy back onto it? Very interested in after market shock options as a larger rider who would like to jump of some stuff LOL.

6 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Does that unit replace the spring or piggy back onto it? Very interested in after market shock options as a larger rider who would like to jump of some stuff LOL.

It’s an air shock and will replace the coil shock that the wheel comes with.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

It’s an air shock and will replace the coil shock that the wheel comes with.

also keen on these games,

is it like - easy stoopid, plug and play forwardnbak simple to do? 

..one screw, maybe two? (only have one screwdriver and it is slightly bent) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/30/2022 at 8:23 PM, Paul A said:

Could buy the S22 with the 40Ts from eWheels.

One example of a US freight forwarder. 

https://www.shipito.com/en/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrvql0-PV-AIVI4ZLBR01swp3EAAYAyAAEgLtX_D_BwE

I checked already. 370 USD to belgium :s

On 6/30/2022 at 10:46 PM, tk463 said:

I actually do, because French stupidity would make it harder for me to insure and be able to ride somewhat legally here. Also, it would make it quite harder for warranty claims.

I'll see how it goes with my local retailer, if it goes to shit anyway I'll reconsider for my next model.

(The idea of having two battery packs "quite" easy to swap is also appealing, it's only a few screws and two xt90 minus the weight in a backpack)

Bonne chance avec Ks Europe :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Freeforester said:

Denis’s review:

Wow, Denis would choose the S22 production version as his everyday wheel over the Master, and forgo the superior torque and top speed of the Master. He gave quite a glowing review on the S22.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Why wouldn't the S22 be a great wheel? Not sure where the current negativity comes from.

I’m looking forward to cruising at a safe 65kph and hitting drops with confidence while learning to move a bigger wheel around. I’m happy where my order is. 

• Like 3

He did also place some emphasis on the slider aspect of the suspension being vulnerable to ingress of grit, sand, mud, etc, though as he also said, that did not bother him for his own use so much. Plenty discussion of that already back up this thread, with some potential solutions posited too.

• Like 1

Also remeber the 2 Eevees guys did a comparison between the s22 and the master and they were split.  One of them preferred the suspension and ride feel of the s22 and the other liked thebpower of the Master.