Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Interesting, meanwhile my European reseller says KS said they will start shipping them to him in June..

Edited by Rawnei
  • Upvote 1

I had confirmation that e-rides (UK not E-riderz EU) had their S22's shipped sometime last week. My question to them was somewhat vague, so all I know is it went out with the shipment that others reported around the end of April.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Curt8892 said:

Radio silence. Some people have the latest batch wheel but we are not hearing anything about it. 

why is this?

I was wondering the same thing.

It seemed like we heard from every person on the planet who got their Master flown to them.  

Anyone see this "modified slider". I don't see this working since the wheels need to rotate and one side would rotate counter to the direction of travel. Although on second glance its hard to tell but it does appear that the wheels may be slightly offset to only contact one side which would counter the initial concern.Screenshot_20220616-125148_Facebook.thumb.jpg.fa27b500abf004b1cd9f64c5e0c033d4.jpg

Edited by spitfire1337
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, spitfire1337 said:

Anyone see this "modified slider". I don't see this working since the wheels need to rotate and one side would rotate counter to the direction of travel. Although on second glance its hard to tell but it does appear that the wheels may be slightly offset to only contact one side which would counter the initial concern.

Wow, this is real effort in Kingsong's part. They need to address two main issues with the sliders: high stiction, and gritty foreign matter ingress. 

If only they could show more. But in any case,  I am curious as to what is up their sleeve to tackle the ingress of dirt and other gritty particles into the sliders.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

Although on second glance its hard to tell but it does appear that the wheels may be slightly offset to only contact one

Correct, they're "misaligned". Eyeball the mill mark (which is aligned with the long edge)

And one would think that the plastic things KS has in there now could be replaced with something along the lines of these rollers without having to machine an entire frame!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 2

Although on second glance its hard to tell but it does appear that the wheels may be slightly offset to only contact one side which would counter the initial

26 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Correct, they're "misaligned". Eyeball the mill mark (which is straight)

Good catch.

The vertical alignment of the axle bolt holes define the true vertical for the wheel. It looks like the two inner rollers are aligned vertically, and come in contact with the inner side of the track? Whereas, the outer rollers make contact with the outer side of the same track?

Edited by techyiam

Hey guys, 

just got an update from EUCO on my S22 order: “

We plan to be receving our first shipment of S22 units later this week/early next week but looking at your position in the queue, you are just past the amount of units we'll be getting in this shipment. This means that your unit will be a part of our second shipment of units expected 1½ months after we receive this shipment. 

We'll share updates with you as soon as we have them but please feel free to check in at any time before then!

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

Wow, that is good work coming from an individual.

Alexander Vodnev in the Russian Telegram group is responsible for this design/mod:

https://t.me/s20eagle/12552

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Anyone suggest best pad set up? 

pedals? 

And the tire specs again? 

I’m just starting to order bits to set it up and keen on other peoples choices. 

I think i like the Pirelli, really would enjoy a good on road off road option. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

Anyone suggest best pad set up? 

pedals? 

And the tire specs again? 

I’m just starting to order bits to set it up and keen on other peoples choices. 

I think i like the Pirelli, really would enjoy a good on road off road option. 

I think you will get many different opinions here but I will use my Clark Pads V3 which I like and evaluate the stock tire to start with, no reason to look into different pedals.

• Like 1