It was not charging. The charge was about 50-60%. Battery LG M50T

The fire started in the apartment, but the EUC was taken out to the entrance

Link to message in Telegram
https://t.me/eleclub_nikola/219188?single

photo_2022-08-06_22-31-41.jpg

photo_2023-08-10_22-59-36.jpg

photo_2023-08-10_22-59-37.jpg

photo_2023-08-10_23-14-56.jpg

Any info about wheel age?  Handling?  Riding in rain?

On 8/12/2023 at 3:38 PM, Hellkitten said:

Another RShs up in flames. One of the local Toronto riders had their wheel go up last night. Not charging. Light smoke and flames started and the owner got it outside before it went up. Nobody was hurt or property damaged. Besides a slight foot burn and the toasted wheel. Not sure of the wheel’s history or battery. I’ll try and add more info if I get any. 😭

I just came here to ask how to get it added to the thread. Details: (let me know if I need more) the fire happened August 11th. It had been charged to full and then left unplugged and turned off for a few hours before a pop was heard. Luckily the owner was around and managed to get it outside in time. There is a short video if need be.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ursi said:

I just came here to ask how to get it added to the thread. Details: (let me know if I need more) the fire happened August 11th. It had been charged to full and then left unplugged and turned off for a few hours before a pop was heard. Luckily the owner was around and managed to get it outside in time. There is a short video if need be.

Can you please post a link to the video?

3 hours ago, ursi said:

Thanks, for some reason the video of the RSHS fire wouldn't play in the browser and had to be downloaded to play.
Can you provide any information about whether anything had been modified on the wheel, or if it had been exposed to water?

• 2 weeks later...

Russia. St. Petersburg. 02.09.2023
Gotway Tesla v2. 18650 battery

"The story is this: the batteries started to fail, when the charge was about 80%, the light on the charger started flashing, one brick was undercharged decently.
As a result, they put other dubious batteries from another Tesla, which had already dropped the rider once during acceleration and the wheel behaved strangely and softly. These batteries did not test for discharge under load, but there were no particular symptoms, i.e. both bricks were charged up to 84V (100%).
Friend drove 10 km, for them he pulled the wheel out of the cut off 3 times ... He decided to go back calmly, and just drove out - almost immediately something banged in his legs, he tried to turn off the wheel with the button, but already smoke poured out ... It immediately broke out burned out completely..."

Sourse https://t.me/gotway_fanclub/74066/85396?single

IMG_20230906_070417_124.thumb.jpg.bf01e4fad686c3751b32c00cdcd6953b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I wonder if the inter-bms communication wires were connected?

I theorize that a bad pack without that wire, would have no overcharge protection since it would be charged through the output voltage from the other pack.

This applies to any Gotway/Begode with 2 or more packs, without a smart bms.

And there's no error alert if someone were to forget to connect that wire, I believe. 

Edited by alcatraz

Russia. St. Petersburg. 02.09.2023
Gotway Tesla v2. 18650 battery

"The story is this: the batteries started to fail, when the charge was about 80%, the light on the charger started flashing, one brick was undercharged decently.
As a result, they put other dubious batteries from another Tesla, which had already dropped the rider once during acceleration 

Begging for fire? 🫣

On 8/24/2023 at 8:35 PM, Asphalt said:

Can you provide any information about whether anything had been modified on the wheel, or if it had been exposed to water?

I am not aware of any mods or water damage but there could have been in the past. I got it at 6k km.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

or rode in the rain?

And what's wrong with that? If you can't ride EUC in rain.. What's the point of having one in first place? As we are using them as transportation devices. Often we need to be in time/places, so we ride in heavy rain.

Reading the post - every single 16S now should be get rid off.. :D I should tell my dad to get rid of his wheel, as he owns 16S and we often ride in heavy rain. (Doh we both use the backpack cover over our EUC's in rain time.. Only wheel well gets wet. Our motors are siliconed shut. And bearing are extra greased, so no water gets in.)

Also winter ridding.. Wheel well gets packed full with snow. And in room temperature it slowly melts. As wheel sits in bathtub for ~5-8hours in upright stand/position. Afterwards being transferred to living room, when it's dry.

38 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Except for the fact that the pedal looks like this now.

376240695_6454104224668981_5905259981191 i

i was assuming the picture was taken before the fire.

Hello?? You don't see the burned plastic? :D Nah everything looks fine to me. :D 

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Except for the fact that the pedal looks like this now.

376240695_6454104224668981_5905259981191 i

i was assuming the picture was taken before the fire.

I think they are both from after the fire, but from left and right side of wheel, take a closer look at the knobby's on the tyre

image.png

My Kingsong has the excact same label at the underside of each pedal.

Edited by Robse
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Ohh, i was thinking the numbers might be different for each one.

The sticker with the serial number is different - but the same from side to side :-)

Edited by Robse
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, UncleY6ep said:

Russia. 10.10.2023. Gotway Tesla. Custom battery 1500Wh, 10k km. Sanyo 18650 GA. The fire occurred in the trunk of the car while charging from the inverter.

Source:

https://t.me/gotway_fanclub/74066/86216

IMO since it's custom built shouldn't be added to statistics.

• Upvote 2

How did they fit 120 NCR18650GA cells in a Tesla shell? Impressive. 

Those cells are truly great. Pity the installation wasn't done better.

When you squeeze in cells you sometimes push down hard on the outer shell for it to close. It's easy for a cell to become deformed, and then boom.