Euc World speed alarms issue

I'm having problems figuring out setting the speed alarms. I had the highest priority set to 25MPH and the medium priority set the same. I am getting alerts around 20-21 MPH. I don't understand why I'm getting them lower then what they are set?

Edited by Pev junkie

OK so it's not a speed offset issue then.

I am trying to remember a similar issue I had, can't for the life of me recall what the problem was, and I can't find the post I made in relation to it. I know I got it sorted though. If I remember I will let you know. It may have been the speed trigger settings - battery % or something like that.

12 hours ago, Pev junkie said:

I'm having problems figuring out setting the speed alarms. I had the highest priority set to 25MPH and the medium priority set the same. I am getting alerts around 20-21 MPH. I don't understand why I'm getting them lower then what they are set?

Just to clarify, you mean alarm from EUC World (Vibrations etc) or alarm from the wheel itself?

10 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Just to clarify, you mean alarm from EUC World (Vibrations etc) or alarm from the wheel itself?

You know you bring up a good point. I'm new to euc's and just got the Tesla a few weeks ago. So I'm not sure. I hear the beeps which are coming from the wheel (I think).

7 minutes ago, Pev junkie said:

You know you bring up a good point. I'm new to euc's and just got the Tesla a few weeks ago. So I'm not sure. I hear the beeps which are coming from the wheel (I think).

Ok so that is independent from EUC World, that is the wheel itself with it's own alert logic, Gotway wheels have multiple alerts and you can disable all of them except for the last one often refereed to as "5 beeps", you can change that under wheel settings in EUC World. The "5 Beeps" happen when the wheel reaches 80% power output so it's not just based on speed. (Can someone confirm it's the same on Tesla?)

See the EUC World alerts as a compliment to the wheel alert to give you a headsup when you reach a certain speed and always respect the 5 beeps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

OK so it's not a speed offset issue then.

I am trying to remember a similar issue I had, can't for the life of me recall what the problem was, and I can't find the post I made in relation to it. I know I got it sorted though. If I remember I will let you know. It may have been the speed trigger settings - battery % or something like that.

I just went thought all my posts back to March 2020 and it was indeed a speed correction setting in EUCW that had caused me confusion. It had changed to -12% although I certainly hadn't set that myself. However, seeing the recent posts above it seems like a wheel alarm anyway. Good luck :)

28 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Ok so that is independent from EUC World, that is the wheel itself with it's own alert logic, Gotway wheels have multiple alerts and you can disable all of them except for the last one often refereed to as "5 beeps", you can change that under wheel settings in EUC World. The "5 Beeps" happen when the wheel reaches 80% power output so it's not just based on speed. (Can someone confirm it's the same on Tesla?)

See the EUC World alerts as a compliment to the wheel alert to give you a headsup when you reach a certain speed and always respect the 5 beeps.

Ok thank you very much. I feel like we are getting somewhere! I just opened the app with the wheel connected and went to the wheel settings. The 1st & 2nd alarms were set on and tilt back was set to 22MPH. So I set it to only 2nd alarm and changed tilt back to 25 MPH. Might need to start a new thread or search but wondering what other Tesla owners are setting their wheel settings at? I seen there was a disable all alarms but don't know if that's safe? As well as setting tilt back any higher?

2 minutes ago, Pev junkie said:

Ok thank you very much. I feel like we are getting somewhere! I just opened the app with the wheel connected and went to the wheel settings. The 1st & 2nd alarms were set on and tilt back was set to 22MPH. So I set it to only 2nd alarm and changed tilt back to 25 MPH. Might need to start a new thread or search but wondering what other Tesla owners are setting their wheel settings at? I seen there was a disable all alarms but don't know if that's safe? As well as setting tilt back any higher?

You can disable the 2nd one too, the 5 beeps (last one) can not be disabled so don't worry about that, most people prefer to ride without tilt-back but that's up to you. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

You can disable the 2nd one too, the 5 beeps (last one) can not be disabled so don't worry about that, most people prefer to ride without tilt-back but that's up to you. 🙂

Ok I appreciate your help. Thank you! 

Turn all alarms off and the tiltback, and gently nudge it up to speed, listening carefully in a quiet test area and make sure you can hear the 5 beeps before relying on them. That way you can indeed confirm you can hear them (you certainly will in a quiet area, and dont have any music on or anything) and only then make a judgement call on whether you want the 5 beep warning as your only source of preventing a faceplant. If you think you might not hear them in a busy, built up environment then consider either moving the beeper to the top of the wheel or activating tiltback/alarm 1 and 2.

I moved my MSX beeper and at 40mph its right on the edge of being loud enough with a full face helmet with traffic around me. With the lower top speed on the Tesla you should be OK but I advise you to do the above test first before turning everything off and simply going for it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Planemo said:

Turn all alarms off and the tiltback, and gently nudge it up to speed, listening carefully in a quiet test area and make sure you can hear the 5 beeps before relying on them. That way you can indeed confirm you can hear them (you certainly will in a quiet area, and dont have any music on or anything) and only then make a judgement call on whether you want the 5 beep warning as your only source of preventing a faceplant. If you think you might not hear them in a busy, built up environment then consider either moving the beeper to the top of the wheel or activating tiltback/alarm 1 and 2.

I moved my MSX beeper and at 40mph its right on the edge of being loud enough with a full face helmet with traffic around me. With the lower top speed on the Tesla you should be OK but I advise you to do the above test first before turning everything off and simply going for it.

Thanks, I'll have to try that

• 3 months later...
On 12/18/2020 at 8:18 AM, Rawnei said:

Are the EUC World alarms only vibrations? Or are some of them audible as well? I'm a new rider and I set my alarms at 10mph, 12mph and 13mph and in the wheel settings I set the "speed limit" (tilt back?) at 15mph. My max speed so far as 14, and I'd like to keep in under 10 as I'm still a bit wobbly sometimes, but I've never heard my phone alert.

I see the main setting is called "Enable Alarms -- Allow the phone to vibrate as a warning or enable voice alarms" but I don't see any setting to choose between vibrate or voice. I suspect it's vibrating and I just can't feel it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobpaul said:

Are the EUC World alarms only vibrations? Or are some of them audible as well? I'm a new rider and I set my alarms at 10mph, 12mph and 13mph and in the wheel settings I set the "speed limit" (tilt back?) at 15mph. My max speed so far as 14, and I'd like to keep in under 10 as I'm still a bit wobbly sometimes, but I've never heard my phone alert.

I see the main setting is called "Enable Alarms -- Allow the phone to vibrate as a warning or enable voice alarms" but I don't see any setting to choose between vibrate or voice. I suspect it's vibrating and I just can't feel it

I just updated eucw and set one alarm at my usual 30mph. The wheel is 31mph top speed. Of course its more like 27mph. I put all the other current alarms at max. Lo and behold at 21mph I hear a new lower pitched beep. Im pretty sure it came from my wheel, but likely triggered by eucw? Ive been using eucw for a LONG time now and that was a new noise. I dont think my watch can be so loud, so it must have been the wheel. I double checked all the alarms and it still persisted at 21mph. My fix was to simply shut off the alarms. That fixed it, now I can go to the normal 30mph and i hear the normal wheel beeps. Eucw used to vibrate at me, I dont know if it does now.

Perhaps my solution isnt the best 'fix', but I abhor trying to learn this stuff new again, and doubly so when dealing with a stupid screen thats smaller than a pack of smokes. I may dig in deeper to see if any of these options find me agreeable, but for now, turning them off made me happy.:eff034a94a:

Edited by ShanesPlanet

When your phone’s Bluetooth is connected to your wheel’s Bluetooth the alarms should come from your wheel’s speaker. Use the phone volume. For KS products, the wheel calls itself “Kingsong music”, another manufacturer uses something like “unicycle music”.

I don’t recommend going to a place where they park rental scooters and bikes and then going to network settings and looking for your wheel in the Bluetooth devices.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bobpaul said:

If you have a speaker or headphones you will hear beeps from EUC World alarms.

Bonjour, je suis nouveau utilisateur de l'application sur une inmotion V8F. Je lis beaucoup de posts sur les alarmes trop détaillées donc on se perd. L'application fonctionne pour le klaxon et les bips.

Mais les sons et les paroles ne sortent pas de la roue qui n'est pas détectée . La musique de l'application sort un autre haut-parleur extérieur mais ne sort pas sur la roue.

La version 2.4 est bien sur le téléphone mais la roue indique la version 2.2. Je ne comprend pas comment régler. Le retour aux réglages de l'usine n'ouvre pas le haut-parleur de la roue.

Lorsque je recherche les appareils bluetooth, le téléphone trouve la roue mais ne peut pas se relier, malgré la fenêtre qui demande un code ou une autre clé. Est-ce qu'on laisse vide cette fenêtre, ou essayer 0000 ou 1234 ou autre ?

2 minutes ago, varamontelo said:

Lorsque je recherche les appareils bluetooth, le téléphone trouve la roue mais ne peut pas se relier, malgré la fenêtre qui demande un code ou une autre clé. Est-ce qu'on laisse vide cette fenêtre, ou essayer 0000 ou 1234 ou autre ?

Please post in English on this forum:)

Google Translate:

"When I search for bluetooth devices, the phone finds the wheel but cannot connect, despite the window asking for a code or other key. Do we leave this window blank, or try 0000 or 1234 or whatever?"

Hello, I am a new user of the application on an inmotion V8F. I read a lot of messages about alarms that are too detailed so on getting lost. The app works for horn and beeps.

But sounds and words do not come out of the wheel which is not detected. Music from the app comes out another external speaker but does not come out on the wheel.

Version 2.4 is fine on the phone but the wheel indicates version 2.2. I do not understand how to settle. Returning to factory settings does not open the wheel speaker.

I search for bluetooth devices the phone finds the wheel but fails to connect despite the window asking for a code or other key. Do we leave this window blank, or try 0000 or 1234 or whatever.