V11 DOA? (Manufacturer Assisted Vendor for the Solution)

madbikes

Hi, I am very excited to receive my V11 after waiting for a couple months.

Upon finished with pumping air into the shocks, I decide to charge the wheel. It powered up without having turn on anything and ask me to activate it.

That felt strange as the battery indicator says there is plenty of charge. A few moments later, the wheel powers off and I can't turn it on.

what should I check next before having to speak with the vendor I purchased the wheel from? Many thanks.

Quick Summary: Module/Controller appeared to be DOA initially. InMotion assisted with Vendor on the new module to work as intended and bring the wheel back to functional.

Edited by madbikes

Activation is done either in the app, or having it plugged to a charger for a while.

About the wheel not turning on, is the wheel resting on it’s integrated stand? The wheel must be upright for powering up. I made that mistake several times before finding out...

40 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Activation is done either in the app, or having it plugged to a charger for a while.

About the wheel not turning on, is the wheel resting on it’s integrated stand? The wheel must be upright for powering up. I made that mistake several times before finding out...

Wheel was not upright when I plugged in the charger and the wheel powered on without pressing anything. It is still not powering up as of this writing. Went as far as thinking something right behind the BMS cover may a loose connection, which is not the case when I opened it.

Let me try again in an hour.

• Like 1

From my understanding, the power button is not touch-sensitive. I pressed it many times and it neither move nor do anything.

At least I sent the vendor an email. Hopefully I'll get a response some time during the day.

9 hours ago, Seba said:

This is normal behaviour, V11 will turn on when you connect charger (of course, motor won't be engaged). This way you can monitor charging progress remotely using app - very useful feature.

Press and hold the power button for a minute. Normally, when you turn off the V11 it in fact stays powered up, but goes to some kind of "sleep mode". By holding power button down for a longer time you are forcing it to switch off and restart on subsequent power on.

I tried to hold onto the power button for two minutes with or without charger. Nothing happens.

I got mine last week, and yes the button is kind of weird. Mine, if you click it, it will want to turn on but it half turns on and turns off right away, you have to really press it when you turn it on. Mine had a strange battery error show up on the app. and a red light turn on on the wheel next to the power button (opposite to the bluetooth light). The wheel utter the words " please repair" and I ran diagnostics and it says it had something wrong with battery. However, wheel never turned off, nor it stopped balancing. it felt normal but the only difference was that red light on. The battery display still showed full battery. The next the day it did not showed me any error message. Ran diagnostic said it was ok. Don't know what happened contacted EUCO but they wanted to see the error message, so far, I haven't seen it again it has only been 2 days since that happened.  I am going to use it twice a day to see if it comes up again. This makes me nervous, don't want a sudden shut-off mid ride.

9 hours ago, chroma said:

I got mine last week, and yes the button is kind of weird. Mine, if you click it, it will want to turn on but it half turns on and turns off right away, you have to really press it when you turn it on.

I pressed the power button as hard as I possibly can. Nothing happens even when advised by vendor to charge the wheel until battery is full (when the power supply LED turns green)

10 hours ago, chroma said:

if you click it, it will want to turn on but it half turns on and turns off right away, you have to really press it when you turn it on.

You have to hold the V11 power button down until all 5 bars on the external power display are full to power on the wheel. Feel free to thrash me if you already knew that, lol.

Are you able to charge? Who is your vendor? eWheels and EUCO are great vendors, if you got your wheel from any of them give them a call. Maybe you did get a lemon, after so many delays, everything is possible.  Is better to exchange and replace it now, do not open it as you may void warranty.  Let us know the outcome.

On 12/3/2020 at 4:09 PM, chroma said:

:efefae4566:

Hopefully everything gets sorted out-(I really hope they just give you a new wheel)

I guess I checked my email at a bad timing, but it appears my copy has a bad controller from the start.

I am in no hurry to ride it, so I will wait for my vendor to receive new ones that are on their way.

• 2 weeks later...

Vendor has received new board/controller, but the fix did not work as planned. They are trying to contact InMotion and see if there is some sort of "special activation requirements".

Looks like the wheel, somehow, still has a mind of its own.

On 12/1/2020 at 2:41 PM, chroma said:

Mine had a strange battery error show up on the app. and a red light turn on on the wheel next to the power button (opposite to the bluetooth light). The wheel utter the words " please repair" and I ran diagnostics and it says it had something wrong with battery. However, wheel never turned off, nor it stopped balancing. it felt normal but the only difference was that red light on. The battery display still showed full battery. The next the day it did not showed me any error message.

I had two experiences just like that. After the 1st one I decided to charge it. Then it did that again after the full charge. I turned the wheel off and then back on, and the red light did not come on again. I did not have the app on at this time. I rode it carefully around my home for a few minutes and all seemed to work well, so I went for a long ride. I have had 2 long rides since this happened with no problems. It turned on normally for each ride. It does have me wondering whats happening.

When I turn on the app, it asks for an update. But I am an "if it ain't broke ... don't fix it guy". Mine is a new batch 4. What have they done with the firmware that could need an update already??? Is the red light thing part of the update I have not done??

Edited by Scottie

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

A big update on the V11 firmware is the behavior when reaching the Go Home tilt-back. It is much MUCH slower on the FW 1.2.1.

Ohh so you have been beta testing it? I mean the new fw after 1.2.1. We still have now heard when it was supposed to go live. 

Edited by Unventor

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

Ohh so you have been beta testing it? I mean the new fw after 1.2.1.

No no, I was talking about the changes the current version brought us. Since @Scottie is now being offered an update, I’m sure it’s an update to the current FW.

I think I’m remembering the numbers wrong though...

• Like 1

Just in time before the new year starts, I got a notification from FedEx that the wheel is on its way back.

The new module/controller looked like it did not help initially, but later found out it was neither activated nor calibrated from the factory. InMotion was able to assist the vendor with activation and calibrate the voltages remotely. The wheel should be in working order when I receive it.

• madbikes changed the title to V11 DOA? (Manufacturer Assisted Vendor for the Solution)
  • 6 months later...
On 12/3/2020 at 12:26 PM, madbikes said:

The V11 is on its way to Arizona to be inspected. Hopefully I'll find out what happened by late next week.

Can I ask where and to who in Arizona you sent yours to get fixed? I live in Arizona and I'm having trouble with my inmotion too. The battery won't charge, turn on, nothing like its completely dead so maybe they are located close to my area and I can have them look at it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bonewheeln said:

Can I ask where and to who in Arizona you sent yours to get fixed? I live in Arizona and I'm having trouble with my inmotion too. The battery won't charge, turn on, nothing like its completely dead so maybe they are located close to my area and I can have them look at it.

Contact ewheels. They should be able to help you.

https://www.ewheels.com/contact/

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 5:16 PM, Bonewheeln said:

When did you purchase yours?  I got mine at the end of march and mine has also started exhibiting this exact same issue - won't turn on or charge.