I got an RS-C38

1 hour ago, EMA said:

great !

where is the fan on the board side ?

The fan type and position was nearly useless on the MSP, nice that they didn't repeat that crap. :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Chronic said:

I just opened the package

I'm going to have a driving test soon

Is this a pre-production unit?

Can´t wait for results.....pleeeeaaase !!!! :w00t2:

• Like 2

Oh damn, looks like we need a new front and rear bumper shape?:confused1:
But my Power-Pads seem to fit the shape of the side cover much better. :D

I wonder if GW should be told that radial fans have already been invented.:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, buell47 said:

The fan type and position was nearly useless on the MSP, nice that they didn't repeat that crap. :thumbup:

Is this a pre-production unit?

Can´t wait for results.....pleeeeaaase !!!! :w00t2:

Yes, this is a pre-order

4 hours ago, buell47 said:

Oh damn, looks like we need a new front and rear bumper shape?:confused1:
But my Power-Pads seem to fit the shape of the side cover much better. :D

I wonder if GW should be told that radial fans have already been invented.:rolleyes:

RS has a completely different mold from the existing MSP

Edited by Chronic
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WILSON-YT said:

was thinking of the speed or torque version. seems  a lot of people go for the torque version seen in a recent poll i saw on here. Not much reviews about this yet. Im curious how it compares to the 16X overall 

I owned 16X but sold it to my friend because it did not match my driving characteristics. It seems that RS-38 is not suitable for comparison with 16x

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If I wanted speed, I'd get a Sherman or the new EX or Monster Pro. I think the RS (and MSP before it) is special for it's unusually good torque for an 18 incher. So torque all the way.

But that would be my personal preference. You have to know for yourself what you like:)

I totally agree with you. Also, Korea has many hills due to its topographical characteristics. I don't think we need any more high speed

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WILSON-YT said:

was thinking of the speed or torque version. seems  a lot of people go for the torque version seen in a recent poll i saw on here. Not much reviews about this yet. Im curious how it compares to the 16X overall 

Speed version advantages is : 1, max speed 2,battery consumption is better on same speed compare to Torque version becasue have smaler magnets

Torque version advantages is : 1, stronger torque witch mean practicaly faster aceleration. 2, more power to handle potentional overlean

My personal expereince Ks16X vs MSP 2500(classic)  is this 16x have torque and easy/efortless aceleration in my case i hit often 88% alarm.

MSP 2500 is overal stronger you need lean more(medium mode) to achieve same aceleration like KS16X(hard mode).

Practicaly 18 inch is more stable better confort good handle unexpected bumps/curb etc. If directly compare 16 inch.

Biggest question is RS C38 worth "ubgrade" if i have MSP 2500W now? ( Rs is more beauty 2 charging ports more visible led bigger stock pedal ) Lucky me i no have free money then(problem solved :efefa6edcf:) i keep my "old" MSP with nylonove pedals ,EUC bodyguard, 3dprinted stand/mudguard, motocycle weights(24g totaly) to perfect ballanced rim, 1200km(mileage)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

Speed version advantages is : 1, max speed 2,battery consumption is better on same speed compare to Torque version becasue have smaler magnets

not exactly, usually bigger magnet has low amp draw compared to smaller one at the same load

btw, i have both and battery consumption is almost the same at low speed (below 40km/h)
pushing hard c30 has less range, but of course it has 10km/h more, insane speed 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, EMA said:

not exactly, usually bigger magnet has low amp draw compared to smaller one at the same load

btw, i have both and battery consumption is almost the same at low speed (below 40km/h)

What about torque comparison between RS S vs RS T and RS T vs MSP T? :)

Even though I have now decided that they should send me the RS C38 (not the RS C30) I secretly hope for more torque compared to the MSP C38. If not, I am also happy about the Hollow Bore motor and the more modern LEDs. My 1 month old MSP can then look forward to a new owner. :D

40 minutes ago, buell47 said:

What about torque comparison between RS S vs RS T and RS T vs MSP T?

honestly you should expect the same performance as MSP. lift spin and magnet size (this makes the real difference) are equal ;) 

could be worse? of course not, could be better? yes :D 
i'll get an RS too becouse i like this wheel a lot :cheers:

9 hours ago, EMA said:

How is the torque on the high speed version?  Is it noticeably weaker than the torque version?  I currently ride a 16x and don't really want to give up current torque, but am definitely interested in higher speed than I am currently getting.  I'm about 215 pounds geared up so keep my 16x to around 27mph just to have headroom.  Would love to cruise at 35mph without worrying about cutout if possible!

8 minutes ago, longjohnsally said:

How is the torque on the high speed version?  Is it noticeably weaker than the torque version?  I currently ride a 16x and don't really want to give up current torque, but am definitely interested in higher speed than I am currently getting.  I'm about 215 pounds geared up so keep my 16x to around 27mph just to have headroom.  Would love to cruise at 35mph without worrying about cutout if possible!

THAT is the $99 (or $2k in this case) question that all of us have been anxiously awaiting. Whatever it is, I'm thinking it's gonna be >16x. The real Q is how does the RShs v MSPht😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longjohnsally said:

imho both wheels has more torque compared to 16x, it just feel different becouse you are on a 19.5' inch wheel vs a 17'. 
torque version is insane in his way, and so the speed.
if you want the best torque go for it, there's nothing on the market comparable in this way (considering your weight too)

beep 38 100%
35 around 50-55%
32 around 30-35 %

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

THAT is the $99 (or $2k in this case) question that all of us have been anxiously awaiting. Whatever it is, I'm thinking it's gonna be >16x. The real Q is how does the RShs v MSPht😉

there's nothing magical between MSP and RS, magnet size is the same, lift spin too.

Differences from torque and speed will be the same, it's up to you: 38mph or 43, your choise ;)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EMA said:

there's nothing magical between MSP and RS, magnet size is the same, lift spin too.

Differences from torque and speed will be the same, it's up to you: 38mph or 43, your choise ;)

can you tell any acceleration difference between the two on flat land? or does the torque only really shine on hills?

Just now, shellac said:

can you tell any acceleration difference between the two on flat land? or does the torque only really shine on hills?

torque version accelerate and brakes a bit better than high speed in any situation, if you #fullsend up to 38mph is probably the faster wheel on the market ;)

it's not huge gap, but it's definetly there, bigger the slope bigger the difference.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, EMA said:

The Thai Boyz says the RShp torque feels similar to the MSPht. This is what I would like to confirm as if true, then the RShp will be the best of both worlds. 

@EMAThank you, I almost changed my order from RS HT to HS, but I decided to go for HT again a few days ago for this very reason.

I would have liked to have the speed, but if I had used it, I would not even be able to do my little 50km lap. 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, buell47 said:

@EMAThank you, I almost changed my order from RS HT to HS, but I decided to go for HT again a few days ago for this very reason.

I would have liked to have the speed, but if I had used it, I would not even be able to do my little 50km lap. 

great choice, i'm riding it since 5 month, to me it's the best all-round wheel ever made:cheers:

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1