I got an RS-C38

12 minutes ago, shellac said:

My theory is that the hollow motor is specifically for Fantomas. Maybe he’s been busting axles with the crazy jumps he’s doing and they’ve had enough. :D

Someone get Phantomas to melt his motor wiring!! Maybe we'll be getting proper cable gauges then;)

2 hours ago, RayBanMonster said:

they told me its not worth it  to upgrade because actually performance wise there is absolutely no difference between them. and that despite a Hollow bore design the specification & performance characteristic  is exactly the same.... They also told me that folk would be surprised that they still actually make the MSX in large quantity for orders still coming through for that model.

Would that mean the guts are the same too? I'm waiting to see if there are wheel complications with the early releases before getting one. 

3 hours ago, RayBanMonster said:

After a few chats with Gotway (Now Begode)  because I was a bit peeved off that I just received an MSP HS (latest edition with larger pedals etc) when RS is available,

they told me its not worth it  to upgrade because actually performance wise there is absolutely no difference between them. and that despite a Hollow bore design the specification & performance characteristic  is exactly the same.... They also told me that folk would be surprised that they still actually make the MSX in large quantity for orders still coming through for that model.

The motors both have 30 mm magnets but the wattage rating is 2600 on the RS compared to 2000 on the MSP HS. So does the higher wattage not have much significance then?

I guess I don’t understand the significance of the motor wattage rating. Is that a theoretical max that depends on the battery input (volt x current) to take advantage of?

3 hours ago, shellac said:

The motors both have 30 mm magnets but the wattage rating is 2600 on the RS compared to 2000 on the MSP HS. So does the higher wattage not have much significance then?

I guess I don’t understand the significance of the motor wattage rating. Is that a theoretical max that depends on the battery input (volt x current) to take advantage of?

My thoughts exactly. Obviously something different.  

Edit**

specification & performance characteristic  is exactly the same.

If this is the case and is indeed just a face-lift why not just discontinue the MSP line. It now serves absolutely no purpose

Edited by NickNonsense
added comment

5 hours ago, shellac said:

Dude..... youre absolutely right to question that...  However, I have come to understand better that Wattage is  a superfluous marketing measure... e.g. wattage to do what? till it burns? till it faults out using the Circuit board( which is often upgraded)?  Till they deem the current  output too high? &  if so who decides which measure of wattage & why?

Can you see? Wattage is "nonsense"... its just marketing bluster...

Edited by RayBanMonster

2 hours ago, NickNonsense said:

If this is the case and is indeed just a face-lift why not just discontinue the MSP line. It now serves absolutely no purpose

Exactly... Well you'd think so... but as they pointed out to me, they are still selling MSX.... I think they simply give customers what they ask for... Iam not sure they know how to say no to be honest, they just appreciate the business and when a customer asks the mentality is not to question it... GIVE IT. Hence why they served me MSPs without questioning my choice... 

ME: You sold me MSPs' when RS was available, why did you not tell me? I feel cheated...

Begode: Paul, please dont tell us that, we gave you everything you asked for...

ME: .... [Silence....]

I think there is a cultural issue going on here that they don't question your request, yet we in the west are used to & sometime rely on  being "advised" accordingly....  this means the onus is on us as customers to know already what we want it seems.

Conclusion: QUESTION YOUR PURCHASE MY FRIENDS...'thankfully for me on this occasion, there is no performance difference between RS & MSP,

this means if you're buying locally, you may want to question the difference between the prices of the models and beat them down accordingly.

PPS. Even Begode acknowledge that they do charge more for RS.... I am glad I bought the MSP latest version. :efee6b18f3:

Edited by RayBanMonster

A friend of mine just received his RS hs and isn’t happy. Pedal clearance is almost an inch lower than his MSP and his fan is not working so the wheel is overheating. I’m hoping pedal hight for the Torque version is higher but probably just wishful thinking. For trail rides this is a big let down! 

Edited by Bri
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bri said:

A friend of mine just received his RS hs and isn’t happy. Pedal clearance is almost an inch lower than his MSP and his fan is not working so the wheel is overheating. I’m hoping pedal hight for the Torque version is higher but probably just wishful thinking. For trail rides this is a big let down! 

Just saw it on FB and immediately cancelled my RS HT order. :furious:
Then I better keep my 1 month old MSP HT, because even on this one the pedals are already too low for me.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/3346498232114783

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, shellac said:

This is the thing I have been trying to get to the bottom of for some time - whether the RS high speed motor is in fact any different (rpm/torque wise) to the 'old' 100v MSX C30 motor. My belief is that it isn't, and the recent postings suggest this to be true.

In answer to your question, yes the hardware and firmware can take 'advantage' of the same battery. The old 100v MSX had a free spin speed of 57mph. Fitting a new (RS derived) board to the wheel gave a freespin of 61mph. So either Gotway weren't running the MSX 100v at it's full capability, or improvements/advancements in tech allowed a 'better' board to be designed and run the motor faster.

8 hours ago, RayBanMonster said:

ME: You sold me MSPs' when RS was available, why did you not tell me? I feel cheated...

Begode: Paul, please dont tell us that, we gave you everything you asked for...

ME: .... [Silence....]

This statement says alot and i think your totally right about the cultural difference between us in this regard. 

8 hours ago, RayBanMonster said:

there is no performance difference between RS & MSP,

this means if you're buying locally, you may want to question the difference between the prices of the models and beat them down accordingly.

PPS. Even Begode acknowledge that they do charge more for RS.... I am glad I bought the MSP latest version. :efee6b18f3:

Do you have a source that shows they not charging extra for RS, are Gotway listing both wheels the same price on they store? (I'll have to check)

I sent my MSP back since it had a fault with the LEDs and headlight and since they released the new RS I asked if i could swap it out for the new RS HT. The UK distributor came back with an added cost just shy of £300. :/ for the swap. Its been 4 weeks since i sent it back, i'm debating now whether to just go pick up my MSP and forget about the RS, especially now after seeing that Facebook post. 

Agghh.. I weren't happy with Gotway when i first pulled the wheel out of the box (first time owing anything Gotway) and the more i learn about the company the less im happy. This may will be my last purchase, this is after watching the inital reaction of the EX pre-production unit that Vee is reviewing https://youtu.be/q9m7YVmF90k
 Just a terrible starting point for a new wheel and wouldn't be surpised seeing a reiteration of that soon after its been made. Overall just a poor attempt at a new wheel, just seems rushed to so to have a suspension model to keep themselves relevant with the other manufacturers. I predict the EX being a flop. 

Very interesting to see Verteran next wheel, or see some ideas for they next product. This is likely where my next purchase is going come from. 

• Like 1

I wonder if there are more issues that will arise :unsure:

7 hours ago, Bri said:

his fan is not working so the wheel is overheating.

4 hours ago, NickNonsense said:

I sent my MSP back since it had a fault with the LEDs and headlight

I definitely not appealing to know there is a chance of requiring a send back to fix something simple that should work out of the box