Official Inmotion V11 seat and power pads

Mortal Coil

Yeah the seat looks a lot better sculpted than the GW one for the MSX. In fact I'd like to try the V11 one on the MSX if I ever get the chance - it looks like it might work with a little fettling. The MSX one totally disagrees with the location of my 'bum bones' and makes my ass want to tip one side of the wheel or the other - it's totally unstable in the central position :(

1 hour ago, EUChristian said:

The pads are attached only to the pedal suspended part, correct?  In other words, the pads move up and down with your foot as you bounce?

Yes. The pictures we’ve seen are all just computer renders, but the pads are either attached with an adhesive or more likely with bolts to the lower saddle attachment points. Or maybe even both.

Inmotion are right now collecting orders from dealers. From what I understand they did get more orders than they expected. But it will be interesting to see retail prices. 

I just have a feeling Inmotion might be taken by surprise as these items are things they didn't really have before or the old wheels did not needed them, but as performance goes up and range get longer and wheels move away from last mile commute then these items becomes much more interesting to riders. 

Now I have only seen what is shown here in this thread. But I am getting a set of all. If nothing else out of curiosity and to show support of the aftermarket. 

I couldn't use my KS16X seat as it is too low to sitting position for my bad knee. I can't control that movement. So I hope the V11 seat is a little higher from pedal to seat. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently got quotation from myewheel:

InMotion PowerPads: €60.00

InMotion Seat: €75.00

InMotion Offroad Pedals: €160.00 

InMotion Charger: €100.00

If I pay now via a Paypal link they provided (they haven't set up an official page on website yet), I will be placed in pre-order list. According to Sandra, such accessories may be available since November, still, nothing is sure.

• Like 1

I have both seat, pads and pedals on order now. I am waiting on shipping confirmation.

I will let you guys know what I think. Might be a while with seat as I can't sit and ride yet. And we are getting morning frost in my area now. 

But I can give thought to how it feels compared to KS16X seat (that was too low for my bad knee that is why I didn't learn to ride seated yet). 

16 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I will let you guys know what I think. Might be a while with seat as I can't sit and ride yet. And we are getting morning frost in my area now.

Please do review about the power pads and pedals, thanks! :lol: Btw, from which part of Sweden are you? In Helsinki the temperature may drop to zero in early mornings, but no frost has been seen by me so far.

3 hours ago, Steven007 said:

Please do review about the power pads and pedals, thanks! :lol: Btw, from which part of Sweden are you? In Helsinki the temperature may drop to zero in early mornings, but no frost has been seen by me so far.

You can see on my profile I am in the west coast of Sweden (Gothenburg) cars had ice on windscreen this morning when going to hospital (still dark at 7:10-7:25). 

Right now I am waiting for bank transfer clears to China. 

But you will find a thread in reviews for my V11. I will add to this with my overall views on things I do with it. I post a link here once I have anything to report. 

Since I were late this morning it was a bit daunting to push up to 50kmh in the dark know there could be a slippery patch anywhere. But asphalt were free of ice this morning. 

I have however learned to ride without the need to grab the wheel. So I don't ride more aggressive than no pads allow me to do. I just adjusted where I ride fast and where I don't. 

It is about time and place. Main reason for me to test pads is to go up hills off-road or in case of emergency braking. 

@Unventor that's great, I will be waiting!

9 hours ago, Unventor said:

Right now I am waiting for bank transfer clears to China. 

Did you order directly from Inmotion in China? May I ask what were the prices to compare with offers by EU dealers, for example, myewheel below?

15 hours ago, Steven007 said:

And ride safe! :)

12 hours ago, Steven007 said:

Did you order directly from Inmotion in China? May I ask what were the prices to compare with offers by EU dealers, for example, myewheel below?

Right now these are very hard to find. I had to go very far to find these. So at this point I can share where I bought them from. I do expect these to be widely available. I have heard some numbers that seems high to me of preorders commitments. 

I think part reason is the high order volume make delivery unpredictable so dealers wait to put them up on their website until they get shipping confirmation. 

Also part of the high number is to keep shipping and admin cost down vs unit price. 

But don't worry when I know more as in have items I share more. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 10:36 PM, Steven007 said:

If I pay now via a Paypal link they provided (they haven't set up an official page on website yet), I will be placed in pre-order list. According to Sandra, such accessories may be available since November, still, nothing is sure.

Hey, where can I find the link to their Paypal order? Is it a forum thread or something else?

9 hours ago, cuu said:

Hey, where can I find the link to their Paypal order? Is it a forum thread or something else?

As far as I understood , these products are so new that dealers have not managed to put onto their websites. All information I got was from an email discussion with Sandra from myewheel, as you can see in below screenshots. The given Paypal link was https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/myewheel, you may also want to contact them for more updates.

Untitled

• 3 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 7:29 PM, Mortal Coil said:

Teaser images of V11 seat and power pads from Inmotion

These were posted on  Facebook by e-riderz, my local Inmotion reseller, so I imagine they’ll be sold through the regular channels.

Now you know as much as I do!

43FBDCA0-BA60-45CD-87FB-4FCB0A49B726.jpeg.82fd6bd18a43e6387c0f1a3db09423c6.jpeg76D37860-F964-443F-B46B-8B71E8199D29.jpeg.931a982dd294771030d9eb507388d01c.jpeg9B705630-463D-4059-B5F8-EEA60F3AE3D7.jpeg.80d28734ae99d2c4023ac7b335e02a80.jpegB38A16E9-10BA-4AD2-A4BE-4FE3E6F59483.jpeg.088f5854ea51dd21a9d2d5d774c19592.jpegF49CB74F-9EE9-4B19-90F4-4AD7F9B1ABB7.jpeg.dcf4ba7a2ddc1d2f93d63d6f9b9dc599.jpeg

B5832318-F080-4F10-9EB2-2D5AD2C8B9B4.jpeg

B94EE498-76D1-4B1E-A7B2-8C833F2535BE.jpeg

6A933C3B-B3DA-4554-8F8E-CAD3315E1DD7.jpeg

2B65C62F-E41D-4496-8FDB-4ED5AD7D5CEB.jpeg

0CF21601-D1F6-4955-A2F1-62C7E0F77FE1.jpeg

Anybody already ordered (where) or tested the pads? I like them...but are they make it more diffcult to adjust the air suspension?

2 hours ago, Björn said:

Anybody already ordered (where) or tested the pads? I like them...but are they make it more diffcult to adjust the air suspension?

Does not make it harder to adjust air suspension. You can pull the saddle off still when necessary. 

2 hours ago, EUChristian said:

Does not make it harder to adjust air suspension. You can pull the saddle off still when necessary. 

I have found a lazy option for suspension.  I no longer remove the side covers, I remove the 4 top hex fasteners from the saddle, and use two small pieces of packing foam @ 1 inch wide to wedge in between the saddle and the metal support.  This give me about an inch clearance and even my fat sausage hands can easily fill the top dampeners.

I'm rocking the Clark pads and loving them.

image.thumb.png.79dab9638e9378ba87d41aede6005b17.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rich Sam said:

I have found a lazy option for suspension.  I no longer remove the side covers, I remove the 4 top hex fasteners from the saddle, and use two small pieces of packing foam @ 1 inch wide to wedge in between the saddle and the metal support.  This give me about an inch clearance and even my fat sausage hands can easily fill the top dampeners.

How did you get the glue on the pads you applied to the clark pads to adhere?  I'm used a hist of things...nothing works. 

Has anyone tried putting the Universal Clark Pads (version with 2 pucks) on their V11? I'm starting to do more and more jumps and rough mountain bike trails and I'd love to benefit from being locked in both front and back (instead of just the front on the V11 specific clark pads). 

On 2/5/2021 at 5:06 PM, Rich Sam said:

They look great but expensive to ship them to Germany....200 $ incl. freight....

• Like 1

Looks like you mount the Power Pads on the foot/seat brackets and make two small holes to get at the screws underneath in case you need to disassemble and get the seat off or change a tire.  It would be great if they just made the Power Pads mount with those screw holes so they could be installed and removed easily.

• 1 month later...

Got my power pads back in winter when I first got my wheel, since I swapped motor I've hardly ridden until now because I was waiting to waterproof the bearings which I did yesterday, I might have been on a total of 4-5 rides with official Inmotion power pads mounted and now they already started to fall apart, both pads have large cracks in the foam and are crumbling in in the front part of the pads where the legs touches the foam.

Seems like a quality issue to me since they are hardly used, anyone else have the same issue? Put some glue there for now.

20210322_092229.jpg

20210322_092249.jpg

So I spoke to Loomo where I bought the pads from and they said they spoke to the factory that claim it's "normal wear", if this is normal the quality sucks, my Gotway Power Pads on the MSP has lasted whole summer and winter without any such issues.

• Like 2