IPS I5 still available: Solved

olkiluz

Hi,

I would like to buy an elegant and portable euc. I live in Germany but am willing to wait for a shipment from other parts of the world.

Is anyone still selling this device? I can not find any sellers. If you have a used one I am more than happy.

Thank you for your help!
Kind Regards

Edited by olkiluz
Seller Found

https://carousell.com/p/209470872

Check out this link! Our country is having a nasty blanket ban on all electric vehicles and lots of resellers are stuck with a bunch of extra stock. Bet you'll be able to get it for close to nothing if you play your cards right. Aliexpress vendors are dreaming with their IPS I5 prices

Don't tell anybody I was the one who told you that 😉

• Like 1

The i5 is the best looking wheel with the S2 IMO, but as I recall Marty found it to feel flimsy compared to the mten3. The i5 is quite lighter at 7-8kg so this explains that I guess.

20 hours ago, olkiluz said:

Hi,

I would like to buy an elegant and portable euc. I live in Germany but am willing to wait for a shipment from other parts of the world.

Is anyone still selling this device? I can not find any sellers. If you have a used one I am more than happy.

Thank you for your help!
Kind Regards

Afaik ips does not exist anymore?

Although the design idea was imho great, the final implementation lacked in many essential details? Afair especially the motor construction, as the casing got easily "bent/opened" and so the motor internals had no protection from the enviroment? Or something like this?

One should find some/many more details in the search result of the following google search:

site:forum.electricunicycle.org ips i5

And afair, as long as everything worked it was just a great, light and small (and of course "weak") wheel?

• 2 weeks later...

Hope another manufacturer will pick up this design in the future. I dread the day my beloved i5 dies on me. Nothing in the market compares. Portable, nimble, and so stylish. 🥰

I have an mten3, btw. It’s great, but as a skinny chick with no upper body strength, it’s just too bulky and heavy to carry around. Also the lights make it seem like a kids toy. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, xSAMCOx said:

Dont  Get one :unsure: i did Get a New i5 in box before xmas n it didnt take a charge.

Any battery in a "new" i5 must have sat forever. And a lot of i5s were defect from the factory.

It's such a cool and unique wheel, but I must recommend to only buy from a still existing manufacturer.

Maybe you can remove the battery and check with a multimeter what voltage it has. Unless you can just send the wheel back to the seller, that would be the best.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 2:09 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Any battery in a "new" i5 must have sat forever. And a lot of i5s were defect from the factory.

It's such a cool and unique wheel, but I must recommend to only buy from a still existing manufacturer.

Maybe you can remove the battery and check with a multimeter what voltage it has. Unless you can just send the wheel back to the seller, that would be the best.

I sendt it back a big shame as it looked like a fun wheel solid made. The manual did say it need to be charger evry 30 days to avoid battery damage this prob been New in box for a few years. Been a good one for parts on a working one tho.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Update:
It is a great wheel. I still like its portability and elegance.
It is much less a wheel for the nerdy geek and more for the gentleman.
However, I must admit that it lacks power. Since I am moving soon, my use case has changed and I will be buying a more powerful wheel.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...