olkiluz

IPS I5 still available: Solved

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I would like to buy an elegant and portable euc. I live in Germany but am willing to wait for a shipment from other parts of the world.

Is anyone still selling this device? I can not find any sellers. If you have a used one I am more than happy.

Thank you for your help!
Kind Regards

Edited by olkiluz
Seller Found

https://carousell.com/p/209470872

Check out this link! Our country is having a nasty blanket ban on all electric vehicles and lots of resellers are stuck with a bunch of extra stock. Bet you'll be able to get it for close to nothing if you play your cards right. Aliexpress vendors are dreaming with their IPS I5 prices

Don't tell anybody I was the one who told you that 😉

is mten3 not the current king of micro wheels?

1 hour ago, amelanso said:

is mten3 not the current king of micro wheels?

Mten3 is indeed my fallback solution. However I prefer the elegance of the I5.
Thanks @Tinkererboi I contacted the seller, even if the add is over a year old. 
Kind Regards

true that I5 is slick/elegant because of how thin - but I wonder about stability... mten3 is not pretty but sure looks fun!

The i5 is the best looking wheel with the S2 IMO, but as I recall Marty found it to feel flimsy compared to the mten3. The i5 is quite lighter at 7-8kg so this explains that I guess.

20 hours ago, olkiluz said:

Hi,

I would like to buy an elegant and portable euc. I live in Germany but am willing to wait for a shipment from other parts of the world.

Is anyone still selling this device? I can not find any sellers. If you have a used one I am more than happy.

Thank you for your help!
Kind Regards

Afaik ips does not exist anymore?

Although the design idea was imho great, the final implementation lacked in many essential details? Afair especially the motor construction, as the casing got easily "bent/opened" and so the motor internals had no protection from the enviroment? Or something like this?

One should find some/many more details in the search result of the following google search:

site:forum.electricunicycle.org ips i5

And afair, as long as everything worked it was just a great, light and small (and of course "weak") wheel?

Hope another manufacturer will pick up this design in the future. I dread the day my beloved i5 dies on me. Nothing in the market compares. Portable, nimble, and so stylish. 🥰

I have an mten3, btw. It’s great, but as a skinny chick with no upper body strength, it’s just too bulky and heavy to carry around. Also the lights make it seem like a kids toy. 

Hey Yamchoo, carrying that bulky mten3  around should fix your upper body strength discrepancy.  A blessing in disguise me thinks. Just sayin'.