InMotion V11

gon2fast

On 5/6/2022 at 6:07 PM, gon2fast said:

Firmware update failed

On 5/6/2022 at 6:51 PM, gon2fast said:

Ran the update 2 more times and both failed

What device did you use to update the firmware?

15 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I used a Android phone. It completed after the third or fourth attempt.

This means that there is a problem with your phone. Did you use the Inmotion app to upgrade the firmware or did you use the EUC World app? The android version of your phone is also very important in this process. The firmware can be updated in many different ways and on very different devices. It is important that the android version is not too old (minimum Android 10) and that the app you are using is the latest version.

If I were you, I would disassemble the unicycle and investigate the wirings and the boards as the firmware is now updated.

I was rolling around the front yard earlier and realized that my suspension has seized up again - going to have to drop the motor and do everything all over again!!! I totally planned for 2 hours of EUC maintenance this weekend... SMFH. I just want to get this wheel running in a normal manner and sell the f'ing thing.

To Do's This Weekend -

V11 drop motor

MSP trolley rail replacement

16X repair dislodged mud flap

Tesla drop motor and fix tire direction mistake (thanks AR!)

Fun times.

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

Considering that I can't ride it I may as well update it again. 

image.jpg

Updated on first attempt in less than a minute. 

image.jpg

Ran diagnostics again as I still have the yellow warning sign on my speedometer. 

image.jpg

On a side note, if you run diagnostics while the wheel is on its side the application assumes that you have fallen LOL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It does seem worrisome, but I’m not ready to add the fire to that list until we know which charger they were using. Some people make their own adapters so they can connect a high-amp charger, for example.

The user stated on FB, was original charger.

Said he opened the box, pumped the shocks, rode 500mtr then charged using original charger. 

Good inmotion has reached out i guess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/22/2022 at 12:33 AM, Forwardnbak said:

The user stated on FB, was original charger.

Crap. Then there has really been a serious issue with the wheel or the charger.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

just looking at was available now, to replace my lost wheels, the v11 looked like it would be my best fit.

had a v10f and loved the way it rode, and then there was the recall and inmotion sent me back somebodys' obviously dinged up wheel and mine hadn't a scratch on it.

that behavior at inmotion caused me to get a refund.

can u imagine a car dealership returning somebody else's car to u, i mean wtf!

i'm not an enthusiast. i need some kind of transportation other than walking, when the rare occaision i leave my ranch.

Bob stays here wearing two gps tracking collars. 

but if he decided he needed to go look for me, he'd get out someway, and i'd need to get back here quicker than walking.

i don't mind walking, but when ur told u only have three months to live in 2014, u become very impatient about wasting time.

i've been away for awhile, and euc's are still sketchy.

i don't go fast. 15 mph with 25mph headroom on the 28 pound mten 4 will traverse the half mile to my mailbox just fine i hope.

that street tire jason posted looks like enough suspension for me. 

this will be my first gotway/begode, i guess it's the same company.

ya, not an ethusiast at all. if i sell property, i'll have a chauffered limousine for me and Bob if we need to go off property.

unfortunately amazon isn't offering in home dental services, yet.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

This wheel has been sitting in the corner of my garage in pieces for months now. After a year+ of waiting I received a new board and motor via warranty. I have rebuilt my Sherman and S22 in the past couple of months. I also had to do a deep inspection of my EXn so I am burnt out on working on wheels right now. Bagged everything up and took it to a local PEV shop to be reassembled. That was 8 days ago so I gave them a call earlier today to get a status. They charge a hefty storage fee starting the day after notification so there was some concern that maybe I had missed their callback while busy with work. To wrap it up, they got the wheel back together and it was functioning as expected. Something happened and the wheel basically died. They are going to install a new board and want me to pick it up as soon as they are done so nothing else goes wrong while in their possession LOL. Not funny as the wheel is causing other folks headaches now, but what can you do...

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

took it to a local PEV shop

I understand your frustration of having worked with too many wheels. But I do wonder if a regular PEV shop has much idea on how to assemble an EUC. There are tricks to each model that are learnt by either experience or adamant YouTubing. I really hope they did the latter.

15 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

The shop that I took it to mainly works on/sells EUCs and are well known within the community.

In that case my worries were fully unfounded!

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

In that case my worries were fully unfounded!

To be fair, they did state that only one employee had V11 knowledge, but that was good enough for me. It is not a complicated wheel to work on, but when I lose interest I stop paying attention and things go south real quick. The "one guy" will have more focus than me for sure.

• Like 2