Jump to content

Wondering when the 80% beep starts for the MSP high torque version


Recommended Posts

Hello all,

debating whether or not the MSP will be my next wheel and was trying to figure out when the 80% beeps start?

The forums i'm getting mixed information and the review videos show the beeps starting at 50km/h? seeing that I ride consistently above 50km/h i think it would drive me crazy to constantly hear beeps at that speed :lol:

 

thanks in advance !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the 84V MSX the 3rd alarm starts at 58km/h on full battery, down to 45km/h at 10% battery. IIRC the MSP-T was quite close, but I don’t remember the exact numbers.

 Worth reminding is that a 100% battery at rest goes easily down to 60% or even lower at a steady 50km/h, so the threshold is being adjusted accordingly.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get the 80% beeps on my 84v 1600wh  MSuperX at 32mph, well 31.8mph.  on my 84v 800wh MCM5 I get them at 24mph or 23.8mph exactly.  Must be my fatness, I'm 90kgs.  That's when they first start as not ridden past the 5th beep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, zege said:

Is the MSP and the 84v MSX the same when it comes to beep-speed?

I don't know, I was responding to the MSuperX beep speed as I think it must differ with rider weight.  Aren't there charts on some internet shop sites showing all the gotway wheels, max speed v rider weights.

Edited by Delmeekc
added some more info.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Delmeekc said:

I don't know, I was responding to the MSuperX beep speed as I think it must differ with rider weight. 

Beeps are strictly depending on battery voltage: 

But of course battery voltage sag will be bigger for heavier riders while accelerating and/or driving up an incline.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

Beeps are strictly depending on battery voltage: 

But of course battery voltage sag will be bigger for heavier riders while accelerating and/or driving up an incline.

It must be with reference to load or a 300kg rider could do the speeds tabled.  I get about 40% battery sag in the MCM5 and about 20% sag on the MSuperX.  I also keep it just below the beeps so no much acceleration and down wind on the flat and it doesn't change.  Maybe could also be to do with motor winding quality, who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

from my experience (72kg rider ) :

battery > 80% beep is 38-39mph (had pedal dip at 43)

70% beep at 36

50% beep at 34 mph

35-40% beep at 32mph

20% beep at 25mph

Edited by EMA
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, EMA said:

from my experience (72kg rider ) :

battery > 80% beep is 38-39mph (had pedal dip at 43)

70% beep at 36

50% beep at 34 mph

35-40% beep at 32mph

20% beep at 25mph

thank you!

i guess this wheel will probably be purchased one day after a suspension wheel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a couple graphs I made from data collected on my MSP. Keep in mind these values are all battery dependent, so if you set off at 100% but the speed causes your battery to sag to 80%, then that's the value that is used to determine the beep threshold.

MSP 80% beeps and no-load cutoff speed graphs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

The MSX will always beep me between 53-54kmh at full battery and my riding weight is 63kg.
Same goes for the other riders. Gotway can write 58/55 all they want.

@EMA nice clip! I figured the MSP to be more of a 58kmh 5 beep wheel or 2mph slower than the speeds you achieved.
It's not that far from the Nik+ in that case!

I guess I will have to speed test Monika's MSP HT and revise my numbers.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

The MSX will always beep me between 53-54kmh at full battery and my riding weight is 63kg.
Same goes for the other riders. Gotway can write 58/55 all they want.

@EMA nice clip! I figured the MSP to be more of a 58kmh 5 beep wheel or 2mph slower than the speeds you achieved.
It's not that far from the Nik+ in that case!

I guess I will have to speed test Monika's MSP HT and revise my numbers.

My msx 84v beeps at 51kph and I'm probably nearly 100kgs with all my gear on, pretty much get that down to 60-65% battery at rest.  I got 53kph a few days ago but with a strong wind behind me.  

Anyone know when the beeps start on the MSP high speed version.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Delmeekc said:

My msx 84v beeps at 51kph and I'm probably nearly 100kgs with all my gear on, pretty much get that down to 60-65% battery at rest.  I got 53kph a few days ago but with a strong wind behind me.  

Anyone know when the beeps start on the MSP high speed version.

on the hs version beep should start at 42-43, i'll receive it in some days...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...