eWheels V10 5 amp fast charger and the new V11

M640x

2 hours ago, FreeRide said:

If that is the only difference, you could make an adapter cable for a few bucks.

I'm just going to rewire the charger I have already.

On 7/20/2020 at 2:12 PM, FreeRide said:

Yup, that's great if you don't need it for both wheels.  

what about using one of these Y-connectors? i'd like to use my e-wheels charger for both the KS18L and the V11. keep the lenovo connector and replace the USB connector with GX12-3

518d6KnVrKL._AC_SL1200_.thumb.jpg.5d2d9d9a183bfb40dddca4c2838d8357.jpg

1 hour ago, buffs said:

what about using one of these Y-connectors? i'd like to use my e-wheels charger for both the KS18L and the V11. keep the lenovo connector and replace the USB connector with GX12-3

518d6KnVrKL._AC_SL1200_.thumb.jpg.5d2d9d9a183bfb40dddca4c2838d8357.jpg

A multi-head cable is an option, they are popular with RC charging sometimes having 6 or more heads, but for an EUC I would advice against it due to the high voltage involved and usually it is not easy to find good caps for all the heads, and they are easily lost if one does find them. 

6 hours ago, RockyTop said:

V10 and V11 

If the pin out is: 

1) 84v+    ( V10 , V11)

2) 84v-     ( V10) 

3) 84v-     ( V11) 

Adding 84v- to pin 2 and 3 would work on both the V10 and V11. 
you can buy new ends on Amazon and start over.

Note: make sure you get the right size. Although they look the same there are big and small 3 pin connectors. 

Exactly.  That's how I decided to mod my fast charger.  I'll be charging at 7.5 amps. 🙃

Edited by Senior Coffee
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Senior Coffee said:

Exactly.  That's how I decided to mod my fast charger.  I'll be charging at 7.5 amps. 🙃

Don't. V11 can be charged with currents up to 6 Amps. Anything above will not only degrade battery life, but also may lead to fire.

• Like 3

I should have used different wording.  There will be 7.5 amps available for charging.  The batteries chemistry/resistance will only allow them to charge at a certain max amp rating.  We could use a 50 amp charger but the batteries are only going to take so much.  

Sometimes.....it is better to listen to what people try to say to help. 

Charging is not a choice of putting what colour of socks you of the day.

Batteries are things to be respected...

They put out a video about what try to avoid and yet you just have to push this past what they say is safe to do. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

I'm open minded and listen and take in everyone's info.  Whether or not I choose to do or not to do anything about the info is up to me wouldn't you agree.  I can suggest all day long that people don't ride their wheels in the rain or water but it's up to them whether they do or not.

22 minutes ago, Senior Coffee said:

I'm open minded and listen and take in everyone's info.  Whether or not I choose to do or not to do anything about the info is up to me wouldn't you agree.  I can suggest all day long that people don't ride their wheels in the rain or water but it's up to them whether they do or not.

And you wounder why a wheel cut out on you?

Anyway you should know a EUC battery fire could have heavy consequences for other EUC rides. 

But I guess you are just have to do something that is potentially dangerous and just because you had the choice to do it?

• Like 1

I don't know how this conversation got so off track. Someone suggested that I not charge at a certain charging rate because it could harm the batteries or the wheel or cause a fire. I agree that it may or may not cause harm. 

Whether I do charge or don't charge is none of his business or your business you have to agree with that.  I don't understand why that offends you so much.  If I suggest that someone heed a warning about something and they don't that's not on me, that's on them. I'm indifferent to it. I'm simply putting information out there and people can do what they want with it.

With that, I'm done with this conversation. You can keep speaking all you want to about it.  I hope you have a good day because mine is actually going pretty good. : )

Edited by Senior Coffee

11 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I will make a few adapters and put them in my eBay store. It is going to take a week and a half to get the parts needed. (August 8?) Time, material and shipping $15 to the US 

https://www.ebay.com/str/blackcrowbyrtinnovations

A very fair price. I shall endeavor to be your first sale. :-)

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:38 PM, RockyTop said:

Done!  Adapter to convert a V10 or V11 Charger into a charger that can charge either the V10 or V11  Click Here eBay

Fantastic, ordered. (I'll have it before I have my V11, heh.)

That wording is super interesting. I'm assuming you connected both pins on both adapters, which makes it work either/any way and which would be really smart in the present context. Although I guess one might have to worry about using it with some hypothetical future wheel where those pins should very much not be connected.

• Like 1