Possible Veteran Sherman Mod

Shield

I really would like a USB charger on the Veteran Sherman. I feel like this is the one essential accessory missing from this wheel. I've have successfully added this type of 12v adapter to other devices for convenience. Without yet having the Veteran Sherman there is no way for me to know the best place to tap into the board for power. I do however think this would be a great addition as it would not only allow you to add a USB adapter but just about any 12v accessory. If your only looking for a USB connection the other adapter (see photo) would work as well.

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions or alternatives are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

s-l640.jpg

51C+gHlatOL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• Like 1

I havent looked that close at the couple of videos that show the control board but if there are 5 or 12V transformers on the controller then it shouldnt be an issue but if there isnt then youll need a buck running off of battery voltage down to 5 or 12V and the problem with that is switching 100v is kinda a pain without a antispark switch and finding a good one of those that isnt expensive and is available is a pain too.  It would be much easier to just to find a spot in the wheel and put in a separate power bank battery  if there are no built in low voltage sources. 

• Like 1

Just remember where I saw a pic of controller :blink1:  Depending on headlight voltage it looks like you could just tap off of that power depending on how much you want to draw from it.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Willy510 said:

Just remember where I saw a pic of controller :blink1:  Depending on headlight voltage it looks like you could just tap off of that power depending on how much you want to draw from it.  

That is what I was thinking, head or tail light area. Depending which side has enough room inside the housing. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they run on 12v but I can't confirm that until I get my wheel.

Edited by Shield
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shield said:

That is what I was thinking, head or tail light area. Depending which side has enough room inside the housing. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they run on 12v but I can't confirm that until I get my wheel.

Headlight it's using runs 12V or 24V, gotta imagine it's using the lower 12V.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000008737225.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.147d2e0eci8H1s

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 7/4/2020 at 4:10 PM, Shield said:

51C+gHlatOL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

do you have a link to this beauty?

Edited by iCafe

• 1 month later...