Show us your PADS!

Tryptych

10 hours ago, Dave Wood said:

Do you not find the 2 blocks are to far apart?

No. I ride offroad a lot and I have a very springy knees. I tried to have it closer, but it made my ride painfully hard and jumpy. 

I basically need the power pads for very steep slopes or emergency braking only. Kuji pads are for the rest. 

8 hours ago, StuartL said:

IMG-20200817-111118.jpg

Excuse the dirt, I haven't yet cleaned it from Saturday 😁

Simple pads home made from 25mm neoprene foam and double sided carpet tape.

Work very well as power pads and jump pads.

Oooch, what tire is that? I'm thinking about changing to something offroad-worthy when autumn's mud comes.

On 8/16/2020 at 2:53 PM, Zopper said:

I made those today, after some prototyping. It's EVA foam with a bit of the soft corner protection that more people are using. Attached with velcro. The original padding is a bit wider than the foam, so I can still slide back and forth if I don't press my legs tightly.

IMG_1160.jpeg

Can you please let me know where you get this?  When I search on eBay or Amazon for EVA foam I only get the thin sheets, not the puffy lined stuff you and others use. Thanks!

7 hours ago, EUChristian said:

Can you please let me know where you get this?  When I search on eBay or Amazon for EVA foam I only get the thin sheets, not the puffy lined stuff you and others use. Thanks!

Cosplay shops? That’s what I originally bought it for, but it was too thick. :D Or maybe something like home depot? Which shops I got it from wouldn’t help you, it was a local one in my small country.

On 7/15/2020 at 9:42 PM, Glitched said:

Would it be weird to stick these pads to the V10F cover/protector?

I tried some motorcycle grip pads on my protective cover today.

three.jpg.82cf4cfeefb2631a9763e6150832551b.jpg

They were $8 on AliExpress: link here

ONE.jpg.36a38077b40eef820cd8941883f41dbe.jpgTWO.jpg.05794d54ce7811b22f98ed6eef6bc436.jpg

I also added some velcro inside to keep the cover better attached to the case. This setup works really well for giving you extra grip as long as your wearing pants or have knee protectors (its not very comfortable for bare legs if your wearing shorts).

Edited by Tryptych
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 5:49 PM, EUChristian said:

Buy a yoga block , cut it and shape it as you like . 9 bucks for 2 blocks 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WJ6PP82/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 2:54 AM, Tryptych said:

Check out these bad boys I found online:

image.png.f640da39063cf7b35fc1bff38fbe9ae9.png

ps: I did end up buying a pair of these a while back for my V8. They look pretty but otherwise are useless, not recommended.

Edited by Tryptych

20 minutes ago, Tryptych said:

Those are pretty cool!! Where's ya get them?

It's my creations 😉

I cut normal pad buy in Aliexpress, buy in Amazon the red stripes similar to the original inmotion, and put around one black rubber for hide imperfections.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tryptych said:

Apparently they are Russian... anyone know where to get them?

Home made, I guess. So you can get them easily: grab some faux leather, tools... :D 

• 8 months later...
On 8/7/2020 at 10:06 AM, Tryptych said:

I bought pads for my V11 from him using Messenger, look him up on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/EUCPowerPads/

@buell47 you could definitely make some for the V8 better then what I've done above, you should try some tests (then send them to me for further testing :)

edit: the V11 pads buell47 sent me arrived today, here's a pic:

!IMG_20200806_234157.thumb.jpg.f3609909183b776b7b86774df1f413ac.jpg

!IMG_20200806_234227.thumb.jpg.9d13fbd054d863131d05272781a00d1b.jpg

Hopefully they will work on the saddle, I don't forsee a problem. 

They even almost work on the V8:

!IMG_20200806_234349.thumb.jpg.a0ae54ec082bd4dd05c9cfddfaa994c7.jpg

@buell47 if you made these same ones 20% smaller, and bit more more rounded up top, they would work well on the V8 / V8F I think - I'd buy a pair. You might also consider using industrial strength velcro instead of two sided tape - I am wondering if the velcro would do better on the V8's curve where it wouldn't need to have 100% contact like the tape, and being removable is a nice feature.

How did these pads work for you.

I made pads today from very thick gym mats, they seem to be very useful. I made a brake one as well for the back of my leg but found I didn’t need these.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...