Veteran Sherman Pre-Order

KCDailey

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-veteran-sherman-18-100v-3200wh-battery-2500w-motor-1000-deposit/

Frequently Asked Questions:

What type of stock tire will be fitted? 
The Sherman will be fitted with a 20″ knobby by default; there will also be an option to have a street tire option, which can also be purchased separately. More information on the brand/model tire will be provided later.

Can the Dashboard/Display interface be used to configure the Wheel settings?
Yes, most functionality such as the riding modes, pedal angle, max speed limits, lighting (including backlight) & calibration can all be set through the LCD interface. Similar to other Wheels, there will also be an App interface, expected support through EUC World & Darknessbot.

Will side-pads be included?
Yes, the pads are current in the process of being produced.

What type of charger is packaged? 
The Sherman comes with a 100.8V/5A charger by default. We will also be offering an upgraded 8A charger, which will be available at the same time the Wheel is released.

What type of battery packs are used?
Veteran have selected to use the tried-and-tested Panasonic GA 3.5Ah 18650 cells, 240x of them, this is twice the capacity of an KS 18XL, MSX 84v!

With this enormous 3,200Wh battery pack, what is the real-life one can expect? 
Assuming a 170lb Rider, cruising at ~20MPH, the typical power consumption on an Electric Unicycle is 25Wh/mile. If these numbers hold up on the Sherman, then this will be the first factory-produced Wheel to break the 100 mile barrier, in fact 128 miles!

What are the pedal dimension & clearance to the ground?  

Will there be an seat option for long-distance travel? 
Yes, this is currently being worked on.

Are there integrated speakers & lift button? 
No, the principle design object of the Sherman, like the tank for whom it takes its name, is all about utilitarian performance; dispensing with the common LED array, while the the lift handle would not really serve of much benefit on a 77lb Wheel.

• Like 3

This looks great --- The summer of Corona was also the summer of many new wheels so lets be optimists and ride a lot where and when we can. I want this for off roading I love the specs and find 22" or even 24" a tad too much. I want an off road machine - I have Gotway MSX, Mten3 and MCM5..... We need more testing from Kuji, Marty and others.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 5:00 PM, Jim Martin said:

Tempting.... But the Monster Pro has me thinking about waiting.  Wish I knew when the Monster Pro was set to ship.

I was told by Gotway that the Monster Pro is ready for the  US market in July. 
(this probably translates to September)

Edited by Mrd777
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

I was told by Gotway that the Monster Pro is ready for the  US market in July. 
(this probably translates to September)

Production should start Mid-July, so in a best case scenario (paying a ton extra for expedited air shipping, buying from China) you're looking at early August.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Mariooooö said:

Does anyone know when to expect this veteran sherman unicycle in the US ? I preordered one back in July (2020). 

Where did you order from? eWheels group 1 orders are being delivered now, mine should be here tomorrow :w00t2:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mariooooö said:

Does anyone know when to expect this veteran sherman unicycle in the US ? I preordered one back in July (2020). 

I received mine from ewheels today.  Interesting that the blue flashing light is now red.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

I received mine from ewheels today.  Interesting that the blue flashing light is now red.

Nice! I know Chicago cops wouldn't care but once you get out into the suburbs the bored ones sure would have. This is good news to hear! Although I admit I was looking forward to seeing how many cars I could get to pull over 😅

Edited by MrRobot
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 5:55 PM, Mariooooö said:

eWheels Updated Sherman Delivery Timetable:
- Deposits placed up to July 4th, Batch 1. Shipping out around September 8th-10th
- Deposits placed from July 5th to July 18th, Batch 2a. End of September ship out time.
- Deposits placed from July 19th to Current, Batch 2b. Around the week 2nd week of October 

• 2 weeks later...

So there's 141 pages of threads talking about the S18 and it's failures and there's like nothing being talked about by 1st batch Sherman owners...hmmm, is that because you're all out riding and having fun and have no time to post on the forum and complain about anything?

I am super curious who chose street tire vs knobby tire and what they think about their choice. I'm 2nd batch Sherman and I think I want street tire but there is so little information and reviews out there about street tire.

1 minute ago, Bridgeboy said:

So there's 141 pages of threads talking about the S18 and it's failures and there's like nothing being talked about by 1st batch Sherman owners...hmmm, is that because you're all out riding and having fun and have no time to post on the forum and complain about anything?

I am super curious who chose street tire vs knobby tire and what they think about their choice. I'm 2nd batch Sherman and I think I want street tire but there is so little information and reviews out there about street tire.

I like the street tire so far , feels pretty grippy and carves nicely.  Similar to my MSX tire feel. 

I don't think either tire would be bad , I just don't plan on being in dirt that much so street made more sense to me.

I've only seen one person posting and bitching and complaining about their Sherman but I didn't care enough after an initial look to read much of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willy510 said:

I like the street tire so far , feels pretty grippy and carves nicely.  Similar to my MSX tire feel. 

I don't think either tire would be bad , I just don't plan on being in dirt that much so street made more sense to me.

I've only seen one person posting and bitching and complaining about their Sherman but I didn't care enough after an initial look to read much of it.

So what street tire did it come with? I haven't seen any update on eWheels telling us what the options are..no pictures...nothing...

7 minutes ago, Bridgeboy said:

So what street tire did it come with? I haven't seen any update on eWheels telling us what the options are..no pictures...nothing...

It's a 2.75x14 Kenda but I haven't looked for a number  

sherman frontlights.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Willy510 said:

sherman frontlights.jpg

So did it have wobble at any speed for you? the only street tire review I've seen so far is when Kuji installed his own, it may have even been this same tire, and he reported wobble where he did not expereince wobble on the knobby tire.

This tire came stock on your wheel? And eWheels gave you the option (street vs. knobby) when you completed your order?

Edited by Bridgeboy

5 minutes ago, Bridgeboy said:

So did it have wobble at any speed for you? the only street tire review I've seen so far is when Kuji installed his own, it may have even been this same tire, and he reported wobble where he did not expereince wobble on the knobby tire.

This tire came stock on your wheel? And eWheels gave you the option (street vs. knobby) when you completed your order?

I haven't had my Sherman up to terminal velocity and I doubt I'll make any attempt at it either for quite a while. I've been up to around 35mph and it felt fine to me.  I did re-center the tire on the rim out of habit before I rode it.  

I did buy the Conti Scoot street tire too but I haven't tried it yet. NY Tarzan has it on his Sherman and he said that he really likes it and he does ride at top speed quite a bit. It is a proper tubeless motorcycle tire so it has a much stiffer sidewall.  Here's a pic of it next to my MSX stock tire 

conti scoot.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/21/2020 at 9:02 PM, Willy510 said:

sherman frontlights.jpg

I think I read in another post that you 3D printed your power pads; but looking at this picture it looks like you might have also 3D printed some sort of front bumper mounted to the roll cage just above the headlight?

And also mounted some sort of vertical reflective strips to the front bars?

Edited by Bridgeboy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bridgeboy said:

I think I read in another post that you 3D printed your power pads; but looking at this picture it looks like you might have also 3D printed some sort of front bumper mounted to the roll cage just above the headlight?

And also mounted some sort of vertical reflective strips to the front bars?

I've made a few things so far for my Sherman

All printed in flexible TPU except for the front and rear light bases:

Front bumper/stand, rear fender , power pads, rear turn signal/brake light clip on extension, front running lights on 3D printed clamp on rigid bases with lighting controller.  A few more things and I should be done, well sort off, I'm never really done. 

vetbumperside.jpg

vetlightsrearlit.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Willy510 said:

I've made a few things so far for my Sherman

All printed in flexible TPU except for the front and rear light bases:

Front bumper/stand, rear fender , power pads, rear turn signal/brake light clip on extension, front running lights on 3D printed clamp on rigid bases with lighting controller.  A few more things and I should be done, well sort off, I'm never really done. 

vetbumperside.jpg

vetlightsrearlit.jpg

Super cool. :thumbup: What 3D printer do you do all this with?

41 minutes ago, Bridgeboy said:

Super cool. :thumbup: What 3D printer do you do all this with?

Thanks, Most of it was on my giant delta printer. It's a 2 meter tall delta printer that I designed and made a while back. The lenses on a smaller 1 meter delta of the same design

• Like 2