Veteran Sherman Pre-Order

KCDailey

That Sherman street tyre looks really nice...and would appear to be able to deal a bit better with offroad stuff than the 5102 found on the MSX...chunkier but without being balls out like the knobby Sherman...a nice middle ground. If you get a chance I would really appreciate it if you could measure the width as fitted, I might look for one of these when I replace the 5102 on my msx :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Planemo said:

That Sherman street tyre looks really nice...and would appear to be able to deal a bit better with offroad stuff than the 5102 found on the MSX...chunkier but without being balls out like the knobby Sherman...a nice middle ground. If you get a chance I would really appreciate it if you could measure the width as fitted, I might look for one of these when I replace the 5102 on my msx :)

Sherman street tire on mine measures 74mm and my stock MSX tire is 70mm, looks like it should fit fine

• Like 2

@Planemo, there was a post earlier this year about fitting the Kenda K262 to the MSX and even that tire appears to fit without issue.  Therefore, the Kenda K340A street tire you are interested in should definitely fit for sure being both narrower and having a smaller overall diameter than the K262. 

I have a Kenda K340A that I purchased in anticipation of my Sherman arriving (although I am confident that I will stick with the K262), so if you need any further measurements of the tire, bearing in mind it's still not fitted to a wheel yet, I'd be happy to help?

I had to source mine direct from China, but I know that ERides in the UK has them available!  https://www.erides.co.uk/product-page/veteran-sherman-street-tire

Edited by fbhb

17 minutes ago, fbhb said:

I had to source mine direct from China, but I know that ERides in the UK has them available!  https://www.erides.co.uk/product-page/veteran-sherman-street-tire

Great find, thanks! I didn't even think of looking on erides. £30 is reasonable too. I guess the only question I have left is whether the Kenda has a significantly stiffer carcass than the 5102 or not...I really like the squishy 5102 for comfort.

2 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I guess the only question I have left is whether the Kenda has a significantly stiffer carcass than the 5102 or not...I really like the squishy 5102 for comfort.

Yeah man, £30 is a snip as I probably paid at least that much just for shipping alone!  I can tell you that the Kenda does have a stiffer carcass, especially as it is a genuine 2.75-14 M/C tire, but unfortunately I'm unable to compare it side by side to a 5102 sorry! 

On 9/22/2020 at 2:14 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

People seem to really like the knobby tire (grip, cushioning) but it's loud. Hard choice.

I would not really call it loud. It is hissing in a rather pleasant way and since the SHERMAN has no speakers to play music I am kind of thankful that pedestrians and cyclists get at least some kind of a warning that something potentially dangerous is nearing in their back. I don’t like using horns or even bells 🔔 to make people aware of my approach. Probably because I always hated it when cyclists rang me off to one or the other side. I found, here in Japan, the right music is the best way to not 😮 get people startled and receive a smile 😊 or even friendly nod when passing. The knobby tire is somehow neutral and therefore better than no acoustic warning ⚠️ at all. I really like the sound. If you cut a few knobs at the right places, you might even get a nice melody out of this tire. 🤣 

It should sound about like this:

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, fbhb said:

I can tell you that the Kenda does have a stiffer carcass, especially as it is a genuine 2.75-14 M/C 

Ah...that might change things. Cheers for that, MC tyres are generally much stiffer. Does it also mention tubeless anywhere? In any event, it would deffo be better for puncture protection, but the stiffness might annoy me. Hmmm

6 hours ago, Planemo said:

Ah...that might change things. Cheers for that, MC tyres are generally much stiffer. Does it also mention tubeless anywhere? In any event, it would deffo be better for puncture protection, but the stiffness might annoy me. Hmmm

I think you will be very happy with it (can't really go wrong for 30 notes!), even if it is a little stiffer than the 5102, as it definitely states: "Tube Type" on the sidewall so Nowhere near as rigid as a tubeless would be! 

As regards the tread pattern, it really is quite a meaty offering that should be a good dual purpose compromise (my reason for getting it, as it will come in at some point even if it doesn't end up on the Sherman - I'll possibly squeeze it on to the S18).

Also just out of interest, I measured the depth of the tread and it is pretty deep at 5mm, so I'm positive that it would perform way better than the 5102 especially in slippery conditions!

More details can be found on the Chinese Kenda website at the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yb6newxq

TB2z.ydlHtlpuFjSspoXXbcDpXa_!!286708177.

Edited by fbhb

Paid my final balance yesterday:

Good afternoon, 

The Shermans have cleared Customs late last week, this next delivery 60x Wheels will be arriving at the LA warehouse in the next few days. 

Balance Payment:
If you're in a position to pay the remaining balance on your order (if not already paid), please use the link below to convert the deposit in a firm order.
Tubes:
With the last batch of Shermans, it was found that Veteran had installed substandard tubes; a couple of these broke off within a few days of using the Wheel. There are two options available for dealing with this problem, please let us know which option would be preferable to you:
1) We will carry out the tube replacement at our service center, before shipping out. This may add another between 7-14 days—depending on the number that need to be worked on.
2) Ship out immediately on arrival & provide a replacement tube in the box, also crediting back $75 on the order, for the hassle of having to change these out.   

Pads & Charger:
These production Shermans are offered with a 100v/5A charger as standard equipment, along with a set of Veteran produced side pads. 

Accessories:
The seats & fenders are available to purchase from the links below as well—arriving in 3-4 weeks.

Thanks again, 

The eWheels Team

The seat link in the post I just made has some pictures in it.

Looks like the trolley handle is removed.

Whats up with that?

-Roger

3 hours ago, roghaj said:

The seat link in the post I just made has some pictures in it.

Looks like the trolley handle is removed.

Whats up with that?

-Roger

Maybe threw the seat on an unfinished wheel for test/pictures. Also notice the pedals are incomplete.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roghaj said:

Paid my final balance yesterday:

Good afternoon, 

The Shermans have cleared Customs late last week, this next delivery 60x Wheels will be arriving at the LA warehouse in the next few days. 

Balance Payment:
If you're in a position to pay the remaining balance on your order (if not already paid), please use the link below to convert the deposit in a firm order.
Tubes:
With the last batch of Shermans, it was found that Veteran had installed substandard tubes; a couple of these broke off within a few days of using the Wheel. There are two options available for dealing with this problem, please let us know which option would be preferable to you:
1) We will carry out the tube replacement at our service center, before shipping out. This may add another between 7-14 days—depending on the number that need to be worked on.
2) Ship out immediately on arrival & provide a replacement tube in the box, also crediting back $75 on the order, for the hassle of having to change these out.   

Pads & Charger:
These production Shermans are offered with a 100v/5A charger as standard equipment, along with a set of Veteran produced side pads. 

Accessories:
The seats & fenders are available to purchase from the links below as well—arriving in 3-4 weeks.

Thanks again, 

The eWheels Team

Did you elect to have eWheels replace your inner tube?

8 minutes ago, Gadgetfann said:

Did you elect to have eWheels replace your inner tube?

Nope.  Took the $75 and extra tube.  Anyone know if you can do a tubeless setup on these?  I run my MTB that way and it is way better.  The wheel needs to have a certain shape to work that way.

-Roger

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 7:15 PM, Willy510 said:

Thanks, Most of it was on my giant delta printer. It's a 2 meter tall delta printer that I designed and made a while back. The lenses on a smaller 1 meter delta of the same design

Are you selling the files for your bumper/stand? Anywhere to get details on your lighting setup?  Really love your improvements.