chicway.shop opinion

Grep

As most of us know https://www.chicway.shop/ is one of the cheapest EUC sellers. I have a few questions about it: 

1. Do you have to pay aditional tax for receiving your EUC? Talking about Europe. To be more specific - UK.

2. They claim to offer 6 months of warranty for battery and 1 year for motor and motherboard. Does anybody used their warranty and what was your experience with them? Did they help?

3. Does anybody had any problem with them? Are they legit and reliable?

The other option for cheap seller is Aliexpress but they doesnt offer warranty as far as i know. So https://www.chicway.shop/ should be the better option if they are reliable.

If you know any other cheap EUC seller you can share, as well as share your opinion about https://www.chicway.shop/.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Have a listen to @MikeSacristan  musings on what to buy and where .he gives some thoughtful insights about the pro,s and cons of these cheaper sellers vs established dealers.

Edited by Daley1
  • Like 1

I think Chicway should be fine, I believe lots of people buy there. 

They also have an Aliexpress shop. 

Most Chinese sellers, on Aliexpress too, will offer that same warranty, and it's based on you repairing by yourself, they sent you the parts you need. 

They may also ask you to send the controller back sometimes. 

You should be OK if you don't mind not having 2 years warranty and a local dealer to repair for you. 

Those shops don’t pay VAT but the way it is shipped basically circumvein the customs. (Correct me if il wrong) You have very little chance of having to pay extra, especially if using their standard shipping.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Grep said:

As most of us know https://www.chicway.shop/ is one of the cheapest EUC sellers. I have a few questions about it: 

1. Do you have to pay aditional tax for receiving your EUC? Talking about Europe. To be more specific - UK.

No customs fee or tax. However, it is always a good idea to send them a message and get written confirmation.

21 hours ago, Grep said:

2. They claim to offer 6 months of warranty for battery and 1 year for motor and motherboard. Does anybody used their warranty and what was your experience with them? Did they help?

You can pretty much forget about after sales service from Ali and Chicway.

21 hours ago, Grep said:

They are legit and reliable. Several riders from our group have ordered from them, even recently. They both ordered MSX 84v and it took a little over a week (European stock)

21 hours ago, Grep said:

The other option for cheap seller is Aliexpress but they doesnt offer warranty as far as i know. So https://www.chicway.shop/ should be the better option if they are reliable.

If you know any other cheap EUC seller you can share, as well as share your opinion about https://www.chicway.shop/.

Cheers.

Check out euc.sale otherwise.

Which wheel are you considering?

• Like 2

Thanks for the information Mike. I'm considering MSX 84v 1600wh original gotway battery pack. I made a topic about it's custom packs to gain some information here 

but sadly no answers.

Just checked euc.sale as you suggested but they dont sell MSX.

On 6/12/2020 at 10:29 PM, Grep said:

Cheers.

If youre going to buy from chicway, make sure your form of payment has a dispute process if they fail to honor the warranty as outlined on their website. They will deliver the product purchased, sometimes quickly sometimes not, but after sales is a hit or miss so choose your payment method carefully. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grep said:

Thanks for the information Mike. I'm considering MSX 84v 1600wh original gotway battery pack. I made a topic about it's custom packs to gain some information here 

but sadly no answers.

Just checked euc.sale as you suggested but they dont sell MSX.

If you are going to buy an MSX then Chicway has European stock and they have the lowest price.
Two riders ordered recently and it took a little over a week for them to get their wheels. Black pedals and all.

Just message them and make sure they have European stock, ask them for an estimated delivery time and also ask them about customes and taxes so that you have written confirmation.

I believe payment is done with PayPal and they tend to take the customer's side.
MSX is a highly proven wheel. 11000km on mine.

• Like 2

I checked their website contact options. They have facebook page and e-mail. So the best way to ask those questions is via e-mail i believe so i would have it written for potential dispute with paypal right?

Thanks for the info @Ben Kim and @Mike Sacristan that's really helpful.

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

MSX is a highly proven wheel. 11000km on mine

I'm watching your videos and enjoying them quite a lot. MSX is reliable wheel indeed. I was thinking about Tesla V2 but a simple inner tube change is the worst nightmare of all the wheels I'm aware, while on MSX is probably one of the easiest, which is a big plus for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grep said:

I checked their website contact options. They have facebook page and e-mail. So the best way to ask those questions is via e-mail i believe so i would have it written for potential dispute with paypal right?

Thanks for the info @Ben Kim and @Mike Sacristan that's really helpful.

I'm watching your videos and enjoying them quite a lot. MSX is reliable wheel indeed. I was thinking about Tesla V2 but a simple inner tube change is the worst nightmare of all the wheels I'm aware, while on MSX is probably one of the easiest, which is a big plus for me.

Thanks! Glad you enjoy the content. :)

If you mail them and ask them about delivery time, taxes and customs then you have written proof so you don't end up waiting 2 months and with surprise additional fees.

Warranty information can be found here:
https://www.chicway.shop/art/warranty-amp-return-policy_a0017.html

If they choose not to honour the warranty should you need it then you have grounds to open a dispute.

Petra recently changed tyre and tube on her Tesla and she did it all on her own. On the other hand she is more of a man than I will ever be when it comes to that kind of stuff.
Her tyre lasted almost 7000km. Still.. the MSX is faster, more stable and will give you X more range. Potato * (1554/1020) or almost 50% more range.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

If you mail them and ask them about delivery time, taxes and customs then you have written proof so you don't end up waiting 2 months and with surprise additional fees.

5 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

If they choose not to honour the warranty should you need it then you have grounds to open a dispute.

It's true. Better be on the safe side about that.

7 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Petra recently changed tyre and tube on her Tesla and she did it all on her own. On the other hand she is more of a man than I will ever be when it comes to that kind of stuff.

That made me laugh. Maybe we are from the same team when it comes to this kind of stuff Mike. I believe i can disassemble and change Tesla tyre/tube on my own but putting all the parts back together .... I'm afraid i may damage something. On the other hand i would like to experience the big tyre of MSX and i would prefer more range.

17 minutes ago, Grep said:

That made me laugh. Maybe we are from the same team when it comes to this kind of stuff Mike. I believe i can disassemble and change Tesla tyre/tube on my own but putting all the parts back together .... I'm afraid i may damage something. On the other hand i would like to experience the big tyre of MSX and i would prefer more range.

Hi mate 

I've bought from Chicway before, all was ok, just ask them and ensure the  model your're buying is in stock within eu. 

Chat to this guy. He's the sales manager for Chicway, he's China based but rather replies quick 

https://www.facebook.com/bryant.jack.7146

I'm also looking to buy the 84v msx from them, price is really good, they also have the msp (no stock though) but I'm not sure if the msp is worth the extra for my use case, (not much off road or Hill climbing)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grep said:

Haha it sounds like we are from the same team. I am so happy that I haven't needed to change tyre on the MSX after 11000km lol.
I can't run away from it forever though... or can I.

9 hours ago, Grep said:

Cheers @Antec. I know Bryant Jack and will contact him when the time comes. 

I was also thinking about MSP but for my case i believe the 84v will be enough.

Now comes the tricky part. The MSP is nicely priced and it is an end game wheel. Mine was just delivered.
However no European stock means 2 months waiting time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha it sounds like we are from the same team. I am so happy that I haven't needed to change tyre on the MSX after 11000km lol.
I can't run away from it forever though... or can I.

Now comes the tricky part. The MSP is nicely priced and it is an end game wheel. Mine was just delivered.
However no European stock means 2 months waiting time.

Looking forward to your unboxing and first thoughts video @Mike Sacristan :)

I'm still undecided between MSX $1450 (EU Stock) and MSP $1799 (China Stock)

Can you do a comparison with the 16x (mentally, as i know your 16x isn't well right now)

Seems there are not many 16x vs MSP torque head to head comparisons out there

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Antec said:

Looking forward to your unboxing and first thoughts video @Mike Sacristan :)

I'm still undecided between MSX $1450 (EU Stock) and MSP $1799 (China Stock)

Can you do a comparison with the 16x (mentally, as i know your 16x isn't well right now)

Seems there are not many 16x vs MSP torque head to head comparisons out there

Thanks!

We just unboxed it and will go out for a ride now. 
More to come!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Antec said:

Awesome! :)

We just got back. Monika loves it. I think the dihedral on the pedals is too much but that could change with time.
Otherwise one can always adjust that.

The MSP is definitely worth the price tag compared to the MSX.
It won't magically fly you up a hill though... but the tuning is totally different from the MSX and makes high speed effortless in comparison to the MSX.
Better range, better speed buffer, more power, better headlights and decent speakers.

Still... it's just a matter of being happy with a Big Mac or wanting a Big Mac with extra everything on it plus some bacon.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

We just got back. Monika loves it. I think the dihedral on the pedals is too much but that could change with time.
Otherwise one can always adjust that.

The MSP is definitely worth the price tag compared to the MSX.
It won't magically fly you up a hill though... but the tuning is totally different from the MSX and makes high speed effortless in comparison to the MSX.
Better range, better speed buffer, more power, better headlights and decent speakers.

Still... it's just a matter of being happy with a Big Mac or wanting a Big Mac with extra everything on it plus some bacon.

Thanks for the info Mike, sorry I couldn't reply yesterday, forum limits me to how many times i post as ive just joined.

Glad Monika likes it, when is your Nikola arriving? will you be keeping the MSX and 16x?

On 6/15/2020 at 1:31 AM, Grep said:

She's a might, mighty good man!
I saw she posted this but haven't watched it. I better do it now or she will hate me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Congrats on the Nik+ purchase amazing wheel.

If you happen to have problems with the fan, contact me, 😉

Thanks!
Crazily enough my friend Magnus who recently ordered a Nik+ from euc sale has a problem with his fan.
Is it a known issue?