chicway.shop opinion

Grep

On 6/13/2020 at 5:25 PM, Mike Sacristan said:

They are legit and reliable.

I'm interested in purchasing from Chicway as well, so I contacted Milli Zhao at Gotway.

Milli: "Don't buy from Chicway, it's not our official dealer"

Me: Does Chicway sell fake Gotway products?

Milli: "Fake Gotway I don't think so. Sometime they use other company name order from us"

As a customer, we have the right to shop where we please, but this seems to be the greyest of the grey market. Chicway are in the naughty book for both Gotway and Kingsong.

That said, I'm still tempted to purchase from them :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

I'm interested in purchasing from Chicway as well, so I contacted Milli Zhao at Gotway.

Milli: "Fake Gotway I don't think so. Sometime they use other company name order from us"

As a customer, we have the right to shop where we please, but this seems to be the greyest of the grey market. Chicway are in the naughty book for both Gotway and Kingsong.

they’ll deliver the wheels (it’s some weird offspring of green fashion which is known to legitimately deliver wheels on this forum) the question is aftersales service, will they honor the warranty if stuff goes bad?

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

I spoke to the owner of Chicway about this, the only reason why GW/KS do not like them is their prices are best around and other retailers are being under cut and do not like it.

But GW/KS supply them the wheels so what's the issue? if they are that bothered they should stop selling them to Chicway lol

I think its more to do with Business politics and who has what exclusive rights to sell in certain countries.

You pay less as your cutting out the middleman as local sellers have to pay tax, salary, storage bills etc

you of course cover your self buy using Paypal or Credit Card to buy in case anything bad happens.

Ive bought from Chicway and all was fine, wheel arrived in 5 days as it was in Stock in their Spain Warehouse. One thing I cannot attest to is after sales service as not had to use it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Antec said:

But GW/KS supply them the wheels so what's the issue? if they are that bothered they should stop selling them to Chicway lol

From what Milli was saying, GW/KS do not sell to Chicway. Maybe GW/KS are selling to Green Fashion at dealer prices with Green Fashion listing at the "approved" price. Chicway might be Green Fashion's way of undercutting the competition by using a different company name. That's just my speculation.

That said, I wouldn't expect any after-sales service from Chicway.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

From what Milli was saying, GW/KS do not sell to Chicway. Maybe GW/KS are selling to Green Fashion at dealer prices with Green Fashion listing at the "approved" price. Chicway might be Green Fashion's way of undercutting the competition by using a different company name. That's just my speculation.

That said, I wouldn't expect any after-sales service from Chicway.

Their warranty is 6 months battery and 1 year motor/control board as stated on their website, which is good enough for me. I’m assuming this means LEDs, switches, etc are not covered. 

Now if they refuse to warranty outlined items that’s paypal dispute territory. 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Antec said:

I wouldnt worry about this. KS same as GW, They don't like Chicway even though they sell to them. Lol

That is likely to placate the other dealers that those vendors are undercutting.   The Chinese are stronger capitalists than we are here in America, they will sell them to anyone provided they have the money.  I knew about that notice, if they fail to replace any of the components under warranty (battery, mainboard, motor) I will dispute through my payment method because it is a cut and dry claim. 

• Like 2

So if ur machine go,s wrong and u have paid with paypal and Chicway or the company wont cover u under ur warranty with them,U can ask paypal to step in and get a refund/open a dispute from them?

Has anyone ever done this ?Has anyone ever had a positive outcome using this method.?

18 hours ago, Daley1 said:

So if ur machine go,s wrong and u have paid with paypal and Chicway or the company wont cover u under ur warranty with them,U can ask paypal to step in and get a refund/open a dispute from them?

Has anyone ever done this ?Has anyone ever had a positive outcome using this method.?

I have actually. My monster had a burnt board fresh out of the box (turned on while in transit) and seller said it wasn’t his fault. It was quite easy to win that dispute since i properly documented the unboxing. 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

I have actually. My monster had a burnt board fresh out of the box (turned on while in transit) and seller said it wasn’t his fault. It was quite easy to win that dispute since i properly documented the unboxing. 

did you dispute with PayPal or with chicway, what was the outcome? replacement? refund? did they collect the monster?

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 8:02 PM, Antec said:

I wouldnt worry about this. KS same as GW, They don't like Chicway even though they sell to them. Lol

I'd worry a bit in regard to KS firmware updates (?and and speed limits/throtteling?).

Don't have an idea how secure/easy to hack the KS system is - but afaik they already block fw updates for wheels not sold by authorized dealers outside china.

Chicway is GreenFashion in Aliexpress.  They sell cheaper because they save Aliexpress commission. I bought them a KS 18XL, without problems

Edited by Augus
  • Like 2

On 6/26/2020 at 9:58 PM, Chriull said:

I'd worry a bit in regard to KS firmware updates (?and and speed limits/throtteling?).

Don't have an idea how secure/easy to hack the KS system is - but afaik they already block fw updates for wheels not sold by authorized dealers outside china.

Do you know when that happened?

I tried to update firmware today, and not only did the firmware not update, but my wheel got LOCKED! I have a KS18L and when I try to connect the wheel to the app, it says 'this device has been locked, please contact the agent or manufacturer'

The motor is disengaged, and the wheel beeps constantly when I try to move it.

Does any of you have an idea of how to fix this? My wheel is 2 years old at least, and there is no way I can contact the agent.

Any information would be highly appreciated -- I am quite desperate to recover functionality of my wheel :efef19744a:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Purplecycle said:

Does any of you have an idea of how to fix this? My wheel is 2 years old at least, and there is no way I can contact the agent

Use the soft tuner app available at the ios app store!

5 minutes ago, Purplecycle said:

I get the locked message in the soft tuner app. :( 

IMG_6707.JPG

Maybe @Jack King Song or Kingsong costumer support can help you - especially as you bought your wheel quite some time ago without knowing about this aliexpress limitations. Would be unfair to punish you instead of the reseller!

15 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Maybe @Jack King Song or Kingsong costumer support can help you - especially as you bought your wheel quite some time ago without knowing about this aliexpress limitations. Would be unfair to punish you instead of the reseller!

I did purchase my wheel on Aliexpress 2 years ago and I admit it. It was when I first got into EUCs and at that time this was a non issue... I understand KS's point of view and believe me, if I had the option to purchase this wheel from a reseller with warranty, I would have done that. But at the time, this was not possible because there was no reseller in my area.

Not sure what to do; I am a bit desperate because this is the only wheel I have and I feel so helpless not being able to fix it.

Price fixing is illegal in most western countries.

I despise that importer who fixes obscene margins and is AFAIK the only one to make KS hammer the region lock.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

This just happened to my 18XL this morning as well (and I haven't upgraded the firmware since I got the wheel almost 2 months ago, but I do use the KS app), and I posted about it here:

I had no idea about region locking until after this happened this morning, and had very good reason to buy through Chinese seller since I used to live in China and had money left in a bank account there that I was unable to transfer home without going in person to China, but I was able to transfer the money to the seller to pay for the wheel. King Song knows the seller (English name is Smart Ride, and they sell on Taobao - where I bought from - and AliExpress) openly advertises that they ship the wheels abroad. I've already reached out to the seller, but have to wait until it's morning in China to hear back (if they even reply). Aside from that, I know King Song has a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/kingsong.international/ and if I don't hear back from my seller or they don't offer a solution, I'm going to contact them to see what my options are. 

Anyone else run into this problem? In researching it, I'm noticing that people seem to have been posting for a while about KS locking wheels shipped abroad by Chinese sellers (and I'm kicking myself for not seeing these posts earlier), but this is the only thread I've been able to find where someone aside from myself has had their wheel locked. I'm also wondering why my wheel worked fine for almost two months before finally getting locked if this has been going on for a while. This is incredibly frustrating (especially since I just came to Colorado to spend a month with family and was planning to ride nearly every day, but after two days of great rides my wheel is now locked), and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

On 6/26/2020 at 8:58 PM, Chriull said:

To answer your question, you don't need to worry about updates :)