chicway.shop opinion

Grep

2 hours ago, RamonatheCat said:

¿Cuál fue tu mala experiencia?

I was interested in mcm5 in Chicway, a few seconds later they asked me for my phone number and I continued selling via WhatsApp...from there...problems with payment, delay in the arrival of the product, faulty product, false promises, lies and to this day without a solution...a very long story to tell...in short, first and last time with chicway...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Lmao you quoted me with the correct Spanish sentence!!

2 hours ago, Gustiazul said:

I was interested in mcm5 in Chicway, a few seconds later they asked me for my phone number and I continued selling via WhatsApp...from there...problems with payment, delay in the arrival of the product, faulty product, false promises, lies and to this day without a solution...a very long story to tell...in short, first and last time with chicway...

That is really too bad and honestly I’ve heard other people having very similar experiences. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I will vouch for the poor/scammy chicway experience. Ultimately I ended up with a RS19 HT but it took a lot of arm twisting and pain. Here's a rundown of my saga:

• December 2020 I went on their website and saw they had an MSP HS available. I messaged them and talked to the rep and he/she assured me they had it available, so I ordered it. I paid via paypal.
  • Of course they didn't have a MSP HS. Chicway just lied to me. I waited until the May 2021 (thinking it would just take time to ship from China) and started asking them about my wheel. After some messaging it came out they didn't have any, but they kept trying to convince me to take a different wheel. I just wanted a refund.
  • Chicway said they would refund me. I waited several weeks and didn't see any refund on paypal. Contacted them again and was again pressured to get another wheel. I insisted I wanted a refund and again Chicway said they would refund me via paypal.
  • A month or so passed, still no refund. Again I contacted them and this time I was more strident in asking for a refund. Then they came clean that they couldn't refund via paypal because of the fees. This is because it had been so long since I ordered (December 2020) and the time I asked for a refund that Paypal wouldn't refund the fees to Chicway as normal.
  • After much back and forth, I had 2 options, get a paypal refund but minus the fees (I don't remember the exact amount but it was roughly $75) or get the RS19 HT. 
  • I decided to get the RS19 HT because it was the latest version with the upgrade black motherboard and upgraded smaller hollow motor bearings (which so far have not failed me)

Chicway repeatedly lied to me, first about having an MSP HS, then about refunding me my money (multiple times). I won't deal with them again. Also I wouldn't trust any warranty they give on a wheel given my history with them.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, sffish said:

Responderé por la experiencia chicway pobre / estafadora. Al final, terminé con un RS19 HT, pero requirió mucho esfuerzo y dolor. He aquí un resumen de mi saga:

• Diciembre de 2020 Entré en su sitio web y vi que tenían un MSP HS disponible. Les envié un mensaje y hablé con el representante y me aseguró que lo tenían disponible, así que lo ordené. Pagué vía paypal.
  • Por supuesto que no tenían un MSP HS. Chicway acaba de mentirme. Esperé hasta mayo de 2021 (pensando que solo tomaría tiempo enviarlo desde China) y comencé a preguntarles sobre mi rueda. Después de algunos mensajes, resultó que no tenían ninguno, pero siguieron tratando de convencerme de que tomara una rueda diferente. Solo quería un reembolso.
  • Chicway dijo que me reembolsarían. Esperé varias semanas y no vi ningún reembolso en PayPal. Los contacté nuevamente y nuevamente lo presionaron para obtener otra rueda. Insistí en que quería un reembolso y nuevamente Chicway dijo que me reembolsarían a través de PayPal.
  • Pasó un mes más o menos, todavía no hay reembolso. Volví a contactar con ellos y esta vez fui más estridente en pedir la devolución. Luego aclararon que no podían reembolsar a través de PayPal debido a las tarifas. Esto se debe a que había pasado tanto tiempo desde que ordené (diciembre de 2020) y el momento en que pedí un reembolso que Paypal no reembolsaría las tarifas a Chicway como de costumbre.
  • Después de mucho ir y venir, tenía 2 opciones, obtener un reembolso de PayPal pero menos las tarifas (no recuerdo la cantidad exacta, pero fue aproximadamente $ 75) o obtener el RS19 HT. 
  • Decidí obtener el RS19 HT porque era la última versión con la placa base negra mejorada y cojinetes de motor huecos más pequeños mejorados (que hasta ahora no me han fallado)

Chicway me mintió repetidamente, primero sobre tener un MSP HS, luego sobre reembolsarme mi dinero (varias veces). No volveré a tratar con ellos. Además, no confiaría en ninguna garantía que den en una rueda dado mi historial con ellos.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:13 PM, sffish said:

I will vouch for the poor/scammy chicway experience. Ultimately I ended up with a RS19 HT but it took a lot of arm twisting and pain. Here's a rundown of my saga:

• December 2020 I went on their website and saw they had an MSP HS available. I messaged them and talked to the rep and he/she assured me they had it available, so I ordered it. I paid via paypal.
  • Of course they didn't have a MSP HS. Chicway just lied to me. I waited until the May 2021 (thinking it would just take time to ship from China) and started asking them about my wheel. After some messaging it came out they didn't have any, but they kept trying to convince me to take a different wheel. I just wanted a refund.
  • Chicway said they would refund me. I waited several weeks and didn't see any refund on paypal. Contacted them again and was again pressured to get another wheel. I insisted I wanted a refund and again Chicway said they would refund me via paypal.
  • A month or so passed, still no refund. Again I contacted them and this time I was more strident in asking for a refund. Then they came clean that they couldn't refund via paypal because of the fees. This is because it had been so long since I ordered (December 2020) and the time I asked for a refund that Paypal wouldn't refund the fees to Chicway as normal.
  • After much back and forth, I had 2 options, get a paypal refund but minus the fees (I don't remember the exact amount but it was roughly $75) or get the RS19 HT. 
  • I decided to get the RS19 HT because it was the latest version with the upgrade black motherboard and upgraded smaller hollow motor bearings (which so far have not failed me)

Chicway repeatedly lied to me, first about having an MSP HS, then about refunding me my money (multiple times). I won't deal with them again. Also I wouldn't trust any warranty they give on a wheel given my history with them.

Sorry you had that experience :'(

Next time any seller jerks you around like this, just do a paypal claim "item not recieved".  Paypal will force them to refund you in full. They'll be forced to eat the cost of any fees. And they'll get an internal 'strike' in paypal.