chicway.shop opinion

Grep

So i've finaly received e-mail from chicway for my questions but they are saying that their account does not accept british pounds so adviced me to pay in dollars.

My question is - If i pay throught chicway website in dollars with paypal asuming my bank account have only british pounds, would i get charged for convering those pounds to dollars?

39 minutes ago, Grep said:

So i've finaly received e-mail from chicway for my questions but they are saying that their account does not accept british pounds so adviced me to pay in dollars.

My question is - If i pay throught chicway website in dollars with paypal asuming my bank account have only british pounds, would i get charged for convering those pounds to dollars?

I've used them before and paid in pounds fine with PayPal. No conversion needed. 

Selected pounds at the top on page. Add wheel to basket and pay in pounds 

Edited by Antec
  • Like 1

Hello Guys!

May I ask those of you who are located in Europe and had purchased the wheels from chickway's website: how long had it taken to get your shipment delivered and had the tracking worked well?

Recently I've purchased a wheel from them, having been informed that the delivery to Poland would take 1 to 3 days (from their warehouse located in Poland). Now it is 4 days since the payment and I only got a UPS tracking number whose status is "Poland, Order Processed: Ready for UPS" and haven't changed ever since. I'm starting wondering if that wheel has been actually shipped to UPS.

Could it be that it is only just some kind  of "reservation" of a tracking number while the wheel was not actually shipped for some reason? Or is it just UPS tracking not working properly and there is nothing to worry about yet? What was your experience?

Thank you. 

8 hours ago, s1ooo said:

Hello Guys!

May I ask those of you who are located in Europe and had purchased the wheels from chickway's website: how long had it taken to get your shipment delivered and had the tracking worked well?

Recently I've purchased a wheel from them, having been informed that the delivery to Poland would take 1 to 3 days (from their warehouse located in Poland). Now it is 4 days since the payment and I only got a UPS tracking number whose status is "Poland, Order Processed: Ready for UPS" and haven't changed ever since. I'm starting wondering if that wheel has been actually shipped to UPS.

Could it be that it is only just some kind  of "reservation" of a tracking number while the wheel was not actually shipped for some reason? Or is it just UPS tracking not working properly and there is nothing to worry about yet? What was your experience?

Thank you. 

It depends on the wheel ordered.
Did you check with them that the wheel was in European stock?
It sounds like you did, and they answered that they had it in Poland.
Communicating with foreign suppliers requires asking very specific questions and preferably one at a time.

Q: Hi, I was wondering if you have MSX 84v 1554Wh in stock and what is the delivery time to Sweden.
A: Hello dear, delivery time is 7 days.

Those of us who order from Sweden usually get the wheels from a Spanish warehouse.
The delivery takes 7-10 days.
The UPS tracking number is as you say a number merely saying that a shipment has been scheduled... or rather that a shipping label has been printed.

I suggest you ask them. Let us know what answer you get as well as how long it takes for them to answer.
I'm sure it will be educational for all of the people in this thread.

• Like 2

Thank you @Mike Sacristan

Sure I had contacted their sales prior to buying  and asked about availability in European stocks, delivery time and taxes as it was advised on this thread earlier.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:56 AM, Mike Sacristan said:

I suggest you ask them. Let us know what answer you get as well as how long it takes for them to answer.

I'm sure it will be educational for all of the people in this thread.

On Friday I've contacted them regarding the delay. The next day They've responded with apologies and promised that I'll get my wheel soon. To be continued :)

• Like 1

My MSX arrived today. It came with 83% battery. I started charging it till the charged showing green light which means full and even left it few more hours plugged in. Its showing me 100% battery but 82.9V. Should i be concerned that it doesnt reaches 84v?

1 hour ago, Grep said:

My MSX arrived today. It came with 83% battery. I started charging it till the charged showing green light which means full and even left it few more hours plugged in. Its showing me 100% battery but 82.9V. Should i be concerned that it doesnt reaches 84v?

Could easily be and was often reported that the reported voltage is off by one volt. One would need quite precise voltmeters to get it better!

To ensure the battery is ok one would need to measure every single cell (paralleled group) or record the charging current wether charging is stopped by the BMS (single cell overvoltage cutoff) or just normal stop by the charger.

One sign is also if the battery voltage stays at this 82.9V (more or less) until the next day(s).

But most/very probable everything should be ok...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grep said:

My 84V Mten also charges up to 82.9 - 83.3 max , i just think its the nature of the 84V gotways, everyone else seems to have the same issues to where I'd consider it normal.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 2:27 PM, s1ooo said:

To be continued :)

Update: My MSX 84v finally came 2 days ago.

Everything looks ok, I'm happy with the purchase.

Though, there were some minor flaws which in my opinion are worth noticing for those who don't accept any imperfection.

The seller promised to deliver in 1-3 days, while in fact it took 8 days. Which, to be honest is still quite ok.

The package was not originally sealed (just some sticky tape), and was slightly damaged on the inside, which is certainly done by the rotating wheel. I'm not sure whether it happened during transportation or someone just accidentally turned the wheel on while packing. The wheel mileage was 0.3km. Again, not sure if that is due to rotation inside of the box or due to some kind of testing performed by the factory or the seller.

Anyway, apart from that the wheel itself seems to be ok, no damage whatsoever. So far I've ridden 100km, everything works well. Btw, there was a little gift from seller in the box - some kind of rain cover for the wheel, which is quite nice and helpful for rainy weather until I do some waterproofing :)

• Like 1

So today was the first day i ride the MSX. When i took it for a ride the voltage was 82.3 and when i charged it yesterday i reached 82.9v. So for 10 hours seems like quite a bit loss in voltage. I dont know what to think about that... Is it just wrong read or wrong data provided by motherboard... i dont know. Anyway i tested the range. So took it for a ride today - 58km, 22% battery, 14km/h average riding speed, 35km/h max speed, 83kg riding weight. So i was riding very slow. Does that looks like normal range? And what do you think about that battery loosing voltage and not be able to reach 84v? Is it normal or its just wrong data?

On 7/11/2020 at 12:17 AM, Grep said:

When i took it for a ride the voltage was 82.3 and when i charged it yesterday i reached 82.9v. So for 10 hours seems like quite a bit loss in voltage. I dont know what to think about that...

That seems to be quite a drop for 10 hours.

The voltage drop goes on after this 10 hours?

If any cell reaches 4.2V while charging, a balancing/bleeding resistor is put in parallel so it gets charged slower and this resistor stays until the cell is discharged to 4.2V again after charging.

Once any cell reaches 4.25-4.26V the BMS stops charging prematurly.

So the voltage drop from 82.9 to 82.3V (=0.6V drop) could mean about 10 cells beeing charged to about 4.26V. This 0.6V got discharged in this 10 hours. So the other 10 cell groups in series had 0.6V less while charging. Not to be said if one cell with 0.6V less or each with 0.06V less...

Another possibility could be the 82.9V shown from the GW wheel are "in reality" already 84.6V and you have a perfectly balanced back - with every of the 20 cell groups getting charged to 4.23V and then by the resistors getting discharged to 4.2V again...

But every liion cells has the "tendency" to drop the voltage to ~3.9V over time - but afaik/imho that happens much slower.

More details on batteries/charging/measuring in https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/18317-battery-faq/ and https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/12650-battery-degradation/?tab=comments#comment-214089

So what one could do now to get some more details/analyze the situation:

Measure with a voltmeter the charger no load output voltage and the battery voltage after a full charge. One has to be carefull measuring the battery voltage as the GW battery packs have no short circuit protection!

Best would be if one knows someone with a high precision voltmeter (+/-0.1% or better and calibrated!) - so one could spare guessing and have absolute voltage values.

Enforce balancing: only drive the wheel until battery voltage shows about ~two volt less (after letting the battery rest a bit after driving) and make a full charge again (~0.5-1h) after the charger shows the green led. Chances are high that with each of these kind of charging the cells get balanced a bit more. So overall pack voltage could raise a bit and the voltage drop after charging should get lower.

Or just open the pack and measure all cell group voltages - about the only possibility to know immedeately whats going on without guessing/analyzing and putting the puzzle together.

One just needs such a plastic wrap to enclose the battery afterwards again...

Edited by Chriull
10.5h after green led is to long - was a typo
  • Like 2

Today i made another test. After charging it again to 82.9v ( on green light) i plug it off and it imediately dropped to 82.6v. 

Another thing - After i start riding (nice and slow, max speed 30km/h, no hard acceleration and stuff ) the first 20% of the battery are drained very fast. After that it slow down on the discharge. So that's a sign of not right calculation of the voltage i think. Could be bad motherboard reading... i dont know, just asuming.

7 hours ago, Grep said:

Today i made another test. After charging it again to 82.9v ( on green light) i plug it off and it imediately dropped to 82.6v. 

Great idea with this test!

The MSX 84V is with a 1600Wh battery? With 18650 cells? 20s6p?

If so, it should have about 0.13 Ohm (40mOhm*20/6) internal resistance. An immedeate voltage drop of 0.3V would by this mean a charging current of about 0.3V/0.13Ohm=2.3A is still flowing once you unplug the charger!

Such an immedeate drop cannot come from the balancing resistors...

My guess by this would be for now, that the green light goes on much too early (internal current threshold of the charger too high).

Try letting the charger plugged in for another 1.5 to 2h after the green light comes on!

Watch again which voltage is reached and how big the voltage drop is once you unplug!

7 hours ago, Grep said:

Another thing - After i start riding (nice and slow, max speed 30km/h, no hard acceleration and stuff ) the first 20% of the battery are drained very fast. After that it slow down on the discharge. So that's a sign of not right calculation of the voltage i think. Could be bad motherboard reading... i dont know, just asuming.

Normally it's the other way! The higher the voltage, the "stronger" the cells.

Voltage is not calculated, but measured on the motherbiard. I'd have no clue how there could be a easily noticable non-linearity...

Charge % are directly calculated from battery voltage - ~4.16V*20==100%, 3.3V*20==0%.

Just Darknessbot (optional) and EucWorld(default) offer some different Charge % displayed.

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 11:11 PM, FTW said:

@Purplecycle - Seba solved the problem and posted instructions in the thread I started this morning about this issue on my 18XL. Here they are (and I've added on my instructions for doing this with the DarknessBot app, as Seba's instructions were for the EUC World app):

Seba's Instructions (using EUC World app)

1. Use EUC World app to connect with your wheel.
  2. Open settings and select "Wheel settings".
  3. Tap on "Password".
  4. Select "Clear password" and enter your EUC serial number as a password.
  5. Tap OK.

My Instructions (using DarknessBot app, and based off my personal experience using Seba's advice above)

1. Use DarknessBot app to connect with your wheel
  2. A window will appear after connecting that says "The device requires pin code"
  3. Enter the serial number of your wheel in this window
  4. The app should now connect to the wheel, but the gyros will not be enabled
  5. Go to the 'Lock' function and unlock the wheel
  6. The gyros should now be enabled and you should be good to go!

Based off my experience doing this with the DarknessBot app, I'm guessing EUC World users may have to unlock their wheels using the lock function in EUC World if the gyros don't automatically enable after following Seba's instructions above.

Thanks again Seba for solving this problem!!!

Out of interest, when you say the serial number. Is that including the ks16x characters at the start?

On 7/2/2020 at 1:37 AM, Jack King Song said:

Due to updated backend systems, it has caused some users wheels to be locked again. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

Please send me your serial number and I can assist you.

Hi Jack. I've messaged you about a locked 16x. I've sent you the serial number. Please can you unlock it. The method shown on here doesn't work.

Thanks. 

• 2 months later...

I just received emails from Ken/ chicway. He promised that the wanted wheel will arrive in European warehouses in 3 weeks, then it would travel 5-7 days to my country.

Moreover, the listed price is final, all inclusive custom and tax, and I don't have to pay any extra. Pay with Paypal.

Should I trust them?

• 11 months later...
On 13/6/2020 at 4:29, Grep said:

Como la mayoría de nosotros sabemos,  https://www.chicway.shop/  es uno de los vendedores de EUC más baratos. Tengo algunas preguntas al respecto: 

1. ¿Tiene que pagar un impuesto adicional por recibir su EUC? Hablando de Europa. Para ser más específicos, Reino Unido.

2. Afirman ofrecer 6 meses de garantía para la batería y 1 año para el motor y la placa base. ¿Alguien usó su garantía y cuál fue su experiencia con ellos? ¿Ayudaron?

3. ¿Alguien ha tenido algún problema con ellos? ¿Son legítimos y confiables?

La otra opción para el vendedor barato es Aliexpress, pero hasta donde yo sé, no ofrecen garantía. Entonces  https://www.chicway.shop/  debería ser la mejor opción si son confiables.

Si conoce algún otro vendedor de EUC barato que pueda compartir, así como compartir su opinión sobre  https://www.chicway.shop/ .

Salud.

I tell you my experience:

To the first question: in Europe they pay taxes for you, you don't have to worry, however, always talk to them, I bought my inmotionv11 from them.

To the second question, it is indeed the case, if it works. One of my batteries in the inmotionv11 stopped working and they sent me a new one, after talking with them, and clearly showing them That stopped working I bought it in their AliExpress store and everything was registered in AliExpress and they sent me a new one (I didn't believe it I even made a video on Youtube (it's in Spanish)

And to the third question, me and 6 friends who have bought wheels on that page and in the AliExpress store have shown us that everything works perfectly.

I attach the image when they told me that they were going to send me the battery.

Screenshot_20211005-114852.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I ordered a Zero 8 scooter from Chicway Shop for $866 AUD. It took two months to arrive (which was fine), however when I opened the box I found that the control panel on the scooter was smashed. I suspect the control panel was already broken before it left the factory, they just sent it to me anyway. I contacted customer support at Chicway (a chap named Ken Jason). He said he would send a replacement but never did. I now have to wait for a PayPal dispute to get a partial refund to buy a replacement part.

http://www.louismar.com/chicway-shop-scooter-receipt.png

• Like 2

• 2 months later...