Maximum speed problem IPS XIMA LHOTZ 340Kwh

Jurgen

Interesting...it's possible that you were sold an older version that does not have that top speed unlock feature. I'm pretty sure that IPS added that feature after the initial release of the Lhotz.

If it's possible, have you tried updating the software on your Lhotz in the app?

good suggestion

Firmware is 4.12

in the iOS XIMA LHOTZ app first the 30Kmh was greyed out (100km barrier) but when I try now it says something like "'can't change speed while moving, stop the device and try again' (while it's at a complete standstill), I can lower the speed llmit but get this error message everytime I try to go  to 30Kmh

In the Android app (XIMA-ver1.1.3-limit-30.apk) the change doesn't 'stick', after restarting the EUC it's back to 20Kmh, the name also reverts to XIMA

In all 3 apps the firmware button does nothing.

4 hours ago, Sweet M said:

Are you using the iOS XIMA app, the iOS XIMA LHOTZ app, or are these both the 2 you're referring to?

yes

The iOS XIMA app doesn't show the 30Kmh,

in the iOS XIMA LHOTZ app first the 30Kmh was greyed out (100km barrier) but when I try now it says something like "'can't change speed while moving, stop the device and try again' (while it's at a complete standstill), I can lower the speed llmit that works fine, but get this error message everytime I try to go  to 30Kmh

8 hours ago, Jurgen said:

yes

The iOS XIMA app doesn't show the 30Kmh,

in the iOS XIMA LHOTZ app first the 30Kmh was greyed out (100km barrier) but when I try now it says something like "'can't change speed while moving, stop the device and try again' (while it's at a complete standstill), I can lower the speed llmit that works fine, but get this error message everytime I try to go  to 30Kmh

Well, I've used all these apps as well.  The XIMA apps (both iOS and Android have never been reliable for me, although the iOS version has given me the option to upgrade firmware but I don't dare try it.  The reasons why are posted on this forum as well as my frustration with the inconsistencies with these apps re: distance traveled.  I gave up on these 2 app versions early in my experiences due to those reasons and luckily Kevin brought us the XIMA LHOTZ version which gave me instant device registration and the speed unlock capability.  The XIMA LHOTZ app works great,and always has on my IPS 121+!  And .........as I stated, the rename and firmware functions are not usable due to what I consider simply the designer's decision that those functions are not necessary.  So those will never work unless he redesigns and resubmits that app.

Sounds to me that there's something not right with the software/firmware in your particular device that's giving you that error reading (I realize that's not new news for you). Or maybe you indeed have been sold a version that does not have that 30 kph ability.  I'm frustrated for ya and know that the feeling is unnerving!  

My point is that my experiences with that app have been very reliable, dependable, and accurate!  So guessing it's NOT the app(s).

On Friday, November 13, 2015, csmyers said:

Interesting...it's possible that you were sold an older version that does not have that top speed unlock feature. I'm pretty sure that IPS added that feature after the initial release of the Lhotz.

If it's possible, have you tried updating the software on your Lhotz in the app?

Spot on....

they sold me an older version

any ways to get around this, or upgrade (change motherboard)?

5 hours ago, Jurgen said:

Spot on....

Yes, I think that you could change out the motherboard; but you would have to ride another 100km to unlock it.

For a IPS Zero control board, ipselectricunicycle.com quoted me $220 plus $50 shipping. I would recommend it!

9 hours ago, Jurgen said:

Spot on....

I believe the the motor in the old version is different than the new version. It's an old motor bias to torque instead of speed.

12 hours ago, zlymex said:

I believe the the motor in the old version is different than the new version. It's an old motor bias to torque instead of speed.

again spot on

IPS confirmed it's impossible to upgrade

thank you for your input

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I have been out of touch for some time.

The "XIMA Lhotz" app that I published should be the one giving you the error message about being unable to change the speed limit while in motion. It's really just a message that triggers anytime you try to change the speed limit and it doesn't "stick".

As for firmware upgrade, I did not add this capability to my version of the app because it can be dangerous to the device if done wrong, and it is something done very infrequently so I figured the inconvenience of having to use the official app to perform the function would be OK.

Cheers

Just now, Kevin said:

Sorry, I have been out of touch for some time.

The "XIMA Lhotz" app that I published should be the one giving you the error message about being unable to change the speed limit while in motion. It's really just a message that triggers anytime you try to change the speed limit and it doesn't "stick".

As for firmware upgrade, I did not add this capability to my version of the app because it can be dangerous to the device if done wrong, and it is something done very infrequently so I figured the inconvenience of having to use the official app to perform the function would be OK.

Cheers

hi Kevin, welcome back.

According to Mr Lee (Tony for his 'friends' on the forum ;)) the model 0802 Lhotz cannot be upgraded (no details on why not).

Someone on the forum said the new LHOTZ probably has another motor that's speed biased (instead of torque), but I didn't find any confirmation on  that.

Could you not integrate the possibility to upgrade the firmware in the app (I will not hold it against you if this fries the MB)?

As I see it I have 3 options: upgrade the firmware, upgrade the motherboard (which I could still do if the firmware upgrade fries the MB), buy a new wheel (if the new MB doesn't get it running, or when I don't feel like going through option 1 and 2).

No hurry though, it's winter here, so speed is not my major concern now.

31 minutes ago, Jurgen said:

hi Kevin, welcome back.

According to Mr Lee (Tony for his 'friends' on the forum ;)) the model 0802 Lhotz cannot be upgraded (no details on why not).

Someone on the forum said the new LHOTZ probably has another motor that's speed biased (instead of torque), but I didn't find any confirmation on  that.

Could you not integrate the possibility to upgrade the firmware in the app (I will not hold it against you if this fries the MB)?

As I see it I have 3 options: upgrade the firmware, upgrade the motherboard (which I could still do if the firmware upgrade fries the MB), buy a new wheel (if the new MB doesn't get it running, or when I don't feel like going through option 1 and 2).

No hurry though, it's winter here, so speed is not my major concern now.

There's a pretty strong possibility that it's not upgradable in its current state (ironically, the firmware needs to support upgrading itself), and it would be a lot of work to figure out how to do it even if it were possible. I'm inclined to think that if IPS did not support upgrading for that specific model in their official app, there is probably a good reason (though possibly not) :P

• 1 month later...

I know this is an older thread, but i'm curious, I just purchased a new one (IPS191 / LHOTZ 340) and i'm showing firmware 4.0.3.  It also does not work with the older XIMA app, only the new IamIPS app...  It says my firmware is latest version... also for the speed limit, i only see 2 options 12khm and 20khm.  Shouldn't I see the 30kmh option as well, but greyed out?  

I was assured by IPS this is latest firmware and can be upgraded to 30khm, but i'm thinking they gave me a old unit...  any feedback?

Also what is the difference between SPORT and COMFORT modes?

Thanks!

additionally i'm showing Version 4.0.3, and bluetooth 1.0.4 if it matters...

@playdadNot yet on the mileage, but I swear it was supposed to show the 30kmh greyed out, and since it's not showing up at all, I am worried it's of the older firmware that is not capable of going 30kmh.

I had issues with my prev. model and they exchanged it, but I saw the 30kmh option on the XIMAS app greyed out with the prev. one...  This one will not connect with the XIMAS app either, only the IamIPS app... maybe it's a totally new run at firmware?

13 hours ago, Karger said:

Hi Jurgen

I bought it IPS T350+

I use it android app ips_1109_unlocked.apk

Download the app:   https://yadi.sk/d/-2rXNKMnkcRfK

This application allows it 30km/h   , try that  .

We hope this information has helped.

For the Lhotz you need the Xima app, this app doesn't connect, but thanks anyway

How the T350+, what does the + stand for?

20 hours ago, Kells said:

@playdadNot yet on the mileage, but I swear it was supposed to show the 30kmh greyed out, and since it's not showing up at all, I am worried it's of the older firmware that is not capable of going 30kmh.

I had issues with my prev. model and they exchanged it, but I saw the 30kmh option on the XIMAS app greyed out with the prev. one...  This one will not connect with the XIMAS app either, only the IamIPS app... maybe it's a totally new run at firmware?

It almost seems like a pot-luck which Lhotz you get. I ordered mine in late October, it runs the old module though. 

So I can connect to the xima app and Kevin's app, but not iamips. I used Kevin's to bypass the speed limit and access 30km/h straight away. It's a wonderful machine 

6 hours ago, Jurgen said:

For the Lhotz you need the Xima app, this app doesn't connect, but thanks anyway

How the T350+, what does the + stand for?

Hi

I'm sorry that the app did not help. This app works only for me t350+.

The IPS T350    = max speed 18km/h 

IPS T350+  = max speed 30km/h

Archived