Ninebot Cutout: firmware ?

Roue Libre

Hi all,
... and yes, this is yet another post about cutout !

I have a Ninebot One E+ and it seems to work well. However this morning I had a cutout resulting in a faceplant (causing only minor scratches, thanx to my wrist protections). I checked firmware and I use v1.2.7, so not the allegedly bad v1.2.6. I ride at level 6 (riding model) because I'm still a beginner. I was going quite fast and maybe the pedal started to tilt, without me to notice. I possibly continued leaning forward while already too fast, and the engine/battery could not follow with more power. However I thought that it would not cutout like this. I expected maintaining a constant speed.

So I guess I should not go that fast, however would you advice changing the firmware or riding model ?

Thanx for your suggestions

1 hour ago, Viktiga said:

How long have you been riding?

Not much, less than 30km. I should drive more responsibly as a beginner ;) I'm learning my lessons now

By the way I was wondering: should I set a speed limit around 18km/h to avoid this kind of thing ?
Do you guys ride with a speed limiter ?

8 minutes ago, Roue Libre said:

Not much, less than 30km. I should drive more responsibly as a beginner ;) I'm learning my lessons now

By the way I was wondering: should I set a speed limit around 18km/h to avoid this kind of thing ?
Do you guys ride with a speed limiter ?

No I hate the speed limiter. I almost crashed the one or two times it was accidently left on.

12 hours ago, Roue Libre said:

Hi all,
... and yes, this is yet another post about cutout !

I have a Ninebot One E+ and it seems to work well. However this morning I had a cutout resulting in a faceplant (causing only minor scratches, thanx to my wrist protections). I checked firmware and I use v1.2.7, so not the allegedly bad v1.2.6. I ride at level 6 (riding model) because I'm still a beginner.

My highest  setting was 1 - normally i ride in mode 0 from the very beginnig. Everything higher is way to "wobbly" for me. I do not see any reason why especially a beginner should drive at mode 6 (unless one just really likes it).

12 hours ago, Roue Libre said:

I was going quite fast and maybe the pedal started to tilt, without me to notice. I possibly continued leaning forward while already too fast, and the engine/battery could not follow with more power. However I thought that it would not cutout like this. I expected maintaining a constant speed.

So I guess I should not go that fast, however would you advice changing the firmware or riding model ?

Imho you should change the riding mode to 0 or 1 - as wrote above i see no reason for any other mode.

Could you turn on your Ninebot after the crash without unplugging the battery or attaching the ninebot to the charger? If so this was no "cutoff" but just a "normal" overleaning. The power of every EUC is limited and if you lean too much forward the EUC just has no chance to balance you out anymore.

Could be easier to outlean the Ninebot in the softer settings?

20 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Imho you should change the riding mode to 0 or 1 - as wrote above i see no reason for any other mode.

Could you turn on your Ninebot after the crash without unplugging the battery or attaching the ninebot to the charger? If so this was no "cutoff" but just a "normal" overleaning. The power of every EUC is limited and if you lean too much forward the EUC just has no chance to balance you out anymore.

Could be easier to outlean the Ninebot in the softer settings?

I'll try some lower riding model.

Yes I could turn on directly after crash. So as you say I probably overleaned, and maybe it has something to do with riding model. I would expect that it would beep in such situations. With more experience I will feel when the pedal is trying to pull me back.

2 minutes ago, Roue Libre said:

Yes I could turn on directly after crash. So as you say I probably overleaned, and maybe it has something to do with riding model. I would expect that it would beep in such situations. With more experience I will feel when the pedal is trying to pull me back.

I use ride mode 5 or 6 because I am used to the softness of my Gotway 14". 

1 hour ago, Roue Libre said:

Me and my friend has only had 1 cutoff until now but that was his own fault for accelerating too fast. Been driving since June.

I usually drive my C+ for steep angles at full speed without experiencing a single cut off.

That's why I get concerned when I hear about cut off's on other brands, is it really that common with cut offs?

After 300 km with the 1.2.7 i have never cut off, even riding often near 20 /21 (The beginning off the tilback) on my n1E)

The tiltback is very progressive and when you feel se pedals going back up : stop leaning... you had to be very soft in accelaration  at high speed, less the wheel beep more safe you are.:)

• 1 year later...

Just had a "an over-leaning incident". I guess I should say that I found the limit of the E+. I was being very aggressive and didn't have time to feel the tilt back or beeping. There has to be a limit and I found it. No major injuries just a bruised ego.

So on more powerful wheels (just ordered a 1200 watt KS-16S) this "limit" should be a lot higher or just a little higher than the E+?

9 minutes ago, Evel_Knievel said:

Just had a "an over-leaning incident". I guess I should say that I found the limit of the E+. I was being very aggressive and didn't have time to feel the tilt back or beeping. There has to be a limit and I found it. No major injuries just a bruised ego.

So on more powerful wheels (just ordered a 1200 watt KS-16S) this "limit" should be a lot higher or just a little higher than the E+?

much higher! bigger batterie packs =more amps , stronger motor....

but still there is a overlean limit....

That's my take away...there is a power limit with any wheel. If you approach it slowly there is time for beeps, tilt back etc. but get too aggressive and there is virtually no time for the machine to warn you. You are simply asking it to do something it cannot before it has time to tell you you are getting close to that limit. This was my fault. Part of the learning curve. I now understand a little bit better.

5 hours ago, Evel_Knievel said:

I think the limit will be higher, but higher speed is worse to fall from.

Archived