Cleaning mud out of the wheel well

null

Of course if there is a lot of mud, it's best to do it outside, in some puddle or sth instead of bathroom :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Seba said:

Of course if there is a lot of mud, it's best to do it outside, in some puddle or sth instead of bathroom :)

I do the same but I use one of these large plastic IKEA "organizer boxes" ("giant tupperwares") and do it outside:

caja-organizador-plastico-con-tapa-30-ls

I take a bucket of warm water with me so I can replace the water several times if necessary (which is very easy: just dump and refill), and to do a final rinsing with water only, to clean the soap off the wheel. Then just rinse the container, and done! Much easier than having to clean the bath tub.

One important detail is that you need to place the container in front of a wall, a brick, a log (or block it with your foot) so the wheel doesn't send it flying :efee612b4b:

Also important to keep in mind that it's plastic, not ceramic like a bathtub, so be careful not to let the wheel spin too fast ;)

• Like 2

The spin in tub method looks like it would be very clean indeed, I'd worry a bit about all the water though :) Maybe I'd try it toward the end of the mud season.

Edited by null

4 hours ago, Seba said:

:shock2: I might get a clean wheel that way. I don’t think I would live long enough to enjoy it. 

@null I don’t know if I am more impressed with you wife coming up with the idea or your ability to turn the tables on her. She having orchestrated the method of making a mess on that nice previously clean floor. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, null said:

The spin in tub method looks like it would be very clean indeed, I'd worry a bit about all the water though

A plastic container requires less water since it only needs to be big enough to fit the wheel. I reckon you don't need more than a couple of litres of water, as the water only needs to be 2-3 fingers deep (extremely accurate, internationally accepted measurement unit) :efee612b4b:

• Like 2

Nice to see you did it with a wheel without spokes @meepmeepmayer, will remember for the 16S :) 

@RockyTop She's tolerant and interested in fun stuff luckily. 
I still feel ashamed when I get yet another wheel, but then she's got 3 e-kickscooters so there ^_^ 

Edited by null
  • Like 2