What gloves fit over wrist braces?

soundkite

1 hour ago, soundkite said:

Any suggestions for gloves which would fit over my wrist braces?  

What sort of wrist guards are you wearing?

i sometimes wear Flexmeter guards and it was easier to get gloves that fitted underneath them.

GyroRiderz also make a combined glove and wrist guard now...

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

Gloves should always be under the wrist guards, so the plastic slide plates can slide unimpeded in a crash. The gloves would stop your hands instantly in a crash, leading to nasty shoulder injuries. Sliding is the main purpose of wrist guards for EUCs (as well as palm protection). Breaking the wrists is really unlikely in a EUC crash, you wouldn't need wrist guards just for that possibility.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Gloves should always be under the wrist guards, so the plastic slide plates can slide unimpeded in a crash. The gloves would stop your hands instantly in a crash, leading to nasty shoulder injuries. Sliding is the main purpose of wrist guards for EUCs (as well as palm protection). Breaking the wrists is really unlikely in a EUC crash, you wouldn't need wrist guards just for that possibility.

I would make this blink if I could.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 12:04 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Gloves should always be under the wrist guards, so the plastic slide plates can slide unimpeded in a crash.

? This only applies if the wrist guards have sliders but the gloves don't. If the gloves have sliders you could also remove any from the wrist guards and go gloves over-top.

3 hours ago, Mono said:

If the wrist guard slides inside the glove and tears it apart in the process, we are good too. We would need to know in advance though.

That makes very little sense. Your hands aren't going to shoot out in front of a stopped glove. Would have to be an extremely thin glove like a surgical glove. Not what keeps your fingers warm in winter.

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Would have to be an extremely thin glove like a surgical glove. Not what keeps your fingers warm in winter.

Keeping the hands warm and not being torn apart on impact at relevant speeds are very different objectives in the design of gloves.

54 minutes ago, Mono said:

Keeping the hands warm and not being torn apart on impact at relevant speeds are very different objectives in the design of gloves.

I cannot picture any non-sliding glove that breaks before it puts a lot of (too much) force onto your arms and shoulders and that also has some kind of usable purpose (finger protection, cold protection, whatever else).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I cannot picture any non-sliding glove that breaks before it puts a lot of (too much) force onto your arms and shoulders and that also has some kind of usable purpose (finger protection, cold protection, whatever else).

LOL, you are suggesting that you cannot imagine that tissue is weaker than bones.

12 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

I wish someone made some thin Kevlar gloves that could go under Flexmeters. I’ve looked but I couldn’t find any. Oh, they should also have touchscreen-compatible finger tips.

Hmmmn... We use Kevlar for a part of our EUC Bodyguards!

We could make under-gloves from  the fabric, but I think it may cause a bit of "hand sweat" and they definitely wouldn't be cheap. But it might be worth a crack... Please comment below if anyone is interested - the more interest, the more likely it is that they come to fruition...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

We could make under-gloves from  the fabric, but I think it may cause a bit of "hand sweat" and they definitely wouldn't be cheap. But it might be worth a crack... Please comment below if anyone is interested - the more interest, the more likely it is that they come to fruition...

Would definitely be interested. As evidenced by this and other threads, there is a distinct lack of winter riding options with sufficient wrist protection. A glove that pairs well with existing leading wrist guard options like the Flexmeters could be a hit.

Might be worth looking into both a thinnest-and-coolest-possible option just for protection as well as a thicker-and-warmer option for both protection and warmth.

• Like 1