KS-18A 800w 680wh

Sweet M

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Wow, is this coming from King Song themselves?

Is this limiting speed possibly an overall trend to keep EUC's palatable for city sidewalk use (like how the Gotway MCM4 seems restricted from it's potential)? @Jason McNeil @KaleOsaurusRex @John Eucist

Yes it came from kingsong, Tina told me a few days ago. I wasnt able to convice her to leave a higher speed limit on my next wheel. She said everyone's wheel will be limited to 32 even though the motor will still be capable of producing 40kph. This is A safery feature.  The only consolation is that kingsong doesnt seem to inflate their speed reading in the app so at least you know what you are getting. I dont think it has anything to do with the sidewalk use,

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Wow, is this coming from King Song themselves?

Is this limiting speed possibly an overall trend to keep EUC's palatable for city sidewalk use (like how the Gotway MCM4 seems restricted from it's potential)? @Jason McNeil @KaleOsaurusRex @John Eucist

I wasn't aware of this but I've already set my tilt-back at 29 km/h for safety after hearing an FB euc friend "Thor" having the motor shut on him on a hard lean at 33 km/h.  So this new limitation, if true, doesn't bother me.  :D

56 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Yes it came from kingsong, Tina told me a few days ago. I wasnt able to convice her to leave a higher speed limit on my next wheel. She said everyone's wheel will be limited to 32 even though the motor will still be capable of producing 40kph. This is A safery feature.  The only consolation is that kingsong doesnt seem to inflate their speed reading in the app so at least you know what you are getting. I dont think it has anything to do with the sidewalk use,

Wondering if this means we can actually comfortably travel at 32 kph or will it start to tilt or beep incessantly at around 29 kph?  Any ideas anybody?

59 minutes ago, Sweet M said:

Wondering if this means we can actually comfortably travel at 32 kph or will it start to tilt or beep incessantly at around 29 kph?  Any ideas anybody?

It wouldnt mean that you can comfortably travel at 32. It probably means a forced tiltback at 32. I asked Tina if i woukd hve an ability to turn off all speed warnings except last one and set the last one at 31 kph, and she said yes.

i sure hope it doesnt mean that the wheel stops accelerating after 32 or cuts off the power. That would be terrible if thats the case. I think kingsong people are smarter than that, but it will be worth asking them to make sure

3 hours ago, Cloud said:

It wouldnt mean that you can comfortably travel at 32. It probably means a forced tiltback at 32. I asked Tina if i woukd hve an ability to turn off all speed warnings except last one and set the last one at 31 kph, and she said yes.

i sure hope it doesnt mean that the wheel stops accelerating after 32 or cuts off the power. That would be terrible if thats the case. I think kingsong people are smarter than that, but it will be worth asking them to make sure

I agree.......surely they're smarter than that!  I do like that we will still have the option to set the final speed warning to 31 kph and omit the others.  I'm fine with 31 kph being the limit (so to speak), but would sure appreciate the reassurance that there's plenty left in the "tank" to ease the anxiety of a possible "soon to come" power cut off at that speed.

Thank you for staying on top of these things for us all Cloud!

30 minutes ago, Sweet M said:

I agree.......surely they're smarter than that!  I do like that we will still have the option to set the final speed warning to 31 kph and omit the others.  I'm fine with 31 kph being the limit (so to speak), but would sure appreciate the reassurance that there's plenty left in the "tank" to ease the anxiety of a possible "soon to come" power cut off at that speed.

Thank you for staying on top of these things for us all Cloud!

I believe this is their strategy - to provide a good safety margin - a powerful motor capable of going at 40, but also a limit to make sure you are not riding at the almost cutout speed. Even though id prefer a speed up to 35-40 kph, on some level i am glad the limit is lower. I know ill want to push it, and the way i ride with no safety, a few kph less that whats im willing to try could be something that just  might save my life some day. 

5 hours ago, Cloud said:

That would be terrible if thats the case. I think kingsong people are smarter than that, but it will be worth asking them to make sure

That's why I refused to consider distributing GW when there was nothing faster around: audibles warning are too easy to ignore or miss.

Initially KS were going to provide the full 40kph on the 14". I argued the case that there was no justifiable benefit for this sort of speed but an enormous amount of additional risk to the user, distributor & manufacturer with potentially sweeping bans if/when the casualty reports starting rolling in. 

The motors are tested to 43kph before they reach the RPM cut-off point & there will be massive increases of battery power in the next version of the 800W coming off the factory in the next two weeks.... 

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

That's why I refused to consider distributing GW when there was nothing faster around: audibles warning are too easy to ignore or miss.

Initially KS were going to provide the full 40kph on the 14". I argued the case that there was no justifiable benefit for this sort of speed but an enormous amount of additional risk to the user, distributor & manufacturer with potentially sweeping bans if/when the casualty reports starting rolling in. 

The motors are tested to 43kph before they reach the RPM cut-off point & there will be massive increases of battery power in the next version of the 800W coming off the factory in the next two weeks.... 

Jason,

Please explain or give a few examples re: what you mean by "massive increases of battery power"?

And..........thanks for that tilt back confirmation "visible collection of H2O particles suspended in the air"! :-)

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

Tina has confirmed that at 32 kph, there will be a forced tiltback. 

What is ment by forced?  My Generic has a tiltback.  It could be more, maybe increasing if I don't back down.  But I read somewhere there is a Wheel with a massive tiltback.  I hope KS isn't going to do that.

41 minutes ago, Colestien said:

What is ment by forced?  My Generic has a tiltback.  It could be more, maybe increasing if I don't back down.  But I read somewhere there is a Wheel with a massive tiltback.  I hope KS isn't going to do that.

Forced is just the word i used to describe that this is something a user cannot change. You cant turn it off. Perhaps i should have picked a different word. Kingsong tilt back so far has been very gentle.

On 4.11.2015 20:20:32, Gyroroue-shop.fr said:

KS 18-A become  CE, FCC, MSDS, that 's great new  for all of us !!  the better one is the model 1100W / 3500W peak wth a 1360h. can't wait to receive it

You need this certificates for shipping (mainly MSDS, FCC for the US and CE needs to have the BT testing included). Are this national certificates or international accepted certificates?
Going for type approval over here you need additionally ISO 60034-1 and  a redundant (safety reliable) system (battery to motor) - like Segway did it.

Looks like it's not for overseas as standard, but you can order it if you're distributor friendly asks Tina ;)

But keep in mind it's said that the mainboard has heat transfer problems. So giving it more Wh and more motor performance will result in more current and stress the mainboard a bit more. Waiting for the first tests.

On 1 ноября 2015 г., 12:34:35, John Eucist said:

I wasn't aware of this but I've already set my tilt-back at 29 km/h for safety after hearing an FB euc friend "Thor" having the motor shut on him on a hard lean at 33 km/h.  So this new limitation, if true, doesn't bother me.  :D

@John Eucist was he riding a kingsong?

Archived