KS-18A 800w 680wh

Sweet M

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

KS says that the reason these crazy 1360Wh packs on the 18A are only available in China, is because the packs are so expensive that risk/return calculation on selling these overseas if/when something goes wrong would be minor financial disaster. Might start offering, if the users sign some sort of waiver form, with a narrow scope of what's within & outside the terms of the warranty. 

All new 18" will be at least 800w but a lower top speed than the 14", circa 30kph. Logic here is that an accident on the 18" dramatic than on the 14"—not sure if this is backed up by any evidence... 

Imagine the supplier's trouble getting these 1360wh battery packs out of China and also the warranty issues in case something goes wrong.

4 hours ago, BPINE said:

Is it true that the 14 in has a higher speed than the 18?

To my knowledge that'd be a "true"......due to the new batch in the process of being prepared for shipment having a "governor" so to speak.  The wheel itself will have the same technical ability as the 14" to go full advertised spec speed but is set for safety reasons not to exceed ~32kph.  Designed for our protection against our own built in need to push the limits of the wheel. Back in the 1980's I used to be BIG in to the Commodore Amiga computer!  Anybody remember those?  Prolly the first actual multi tasking window machine.  Anyway, with that system, when a user typed something incorrect or tried to perform a task with incorrect syntax they'd recieve this message at the top of the screen in RED............"USER STUPIDITY ERROR!".  True story! This new King Song adjustment keeps us from receiving that same message in the form of a KABOOM to the pavement.

Soooooooo, to me, a great feature!

• 2 weeks later...

You all are getting me closer to a new wheel, but what is the real world distance per charge are you getting with 680 wh 18" 800 w? And actual tire dimensions? My dually Q3 340 wh only gets 15 km in warm weather... Mono wheels seem to get better distances, for some reason...

@MetricUSA the distance depend on your weight, ground,.... actually you can go around 40-60 with 800/680Wh because the power of the motor take more energy. If you go for 800/1360Wh you will go around 100km or more if you take 1100/1360 it could be less because of the motor's power. 

You could climb and go fast quickly with 1100w motor. The weight of the unicycle will be around 23kg.

Archived