King Song App Success stories?

KaleOsaurusRex

Hello everybody!

So, we've found that some of the customers who received a unit from the recent batch of King Song unicycles have been having an issue with the King Song app giving them an "illegal device" error.

Right now, I'm trying to find out if the app is actually working for anyone! Has anyone successfully connected?

Right now, I'm building a case with King Song to address the issue, but they want a lot of detail, so if anyone got their King Song unit from ElectricUnicycleReviews.com please email us:

email@ElectricUnicycleReviews.com

We are working to get this issue straightened out, so to the people who are having this problem thank you for your patience.

I'm one who is experiencing this problem and it is very frustrating.I have the new KS-18a wheel and the android app connects to the unit just fine but will not allow any settings changes.So far,riding the wheel stuck in the default setting of "study" mode is very disappointing. If we can get people who have recently got a new Kingsong wheel and post their experiences with the settings apps here,it will be really helpful in determining the possible problem and potential solutions whether hardware or software related.Please post the wheel model you have and whether your using IOS or Android and whether or not your app allows settings changes.This would be greatly appreciated.

KS 800w/680 14 C. iOS app. Mine connects, the interface works as far as the gauges moving, but it does not let you choose modes or speeds. The speaker icon throws an "Illegal device" alert when I try that. When I change the settings for speed, it let's me in saying "Advanced user" with a check mark. I can adjust the settings but when I go back to the "home" page, then go check the settings again to see if it worked- they are not what I set them to, they are back to the standard settings that I tried to change. The settings are 1 Level Alarm- 25, 2 Level Alarm- 28, 3 Level Alarm- 32 and the rocker speed is zero. The word "SURE" in the middle of the speed dial settings- when pressed throws a "Unable for setting specifications" alert. So basically the app connects to the wheel, the volt/speed gauges work, and that's about all it does. Everything else is "Illegal device" with an X through it. The wheel itself is fast as hell with no warning beeps so far at all, which doesn't sound normal, but I like it that way. Level calibration seems to work. It does the beeps and feels like it works. 

KS 800w/680 14 C. Mine connects, the interface works as far as the gauges moving, but it does not let you choose modes or speeds. The speaker icon throws an "Illegal device" alert when I try that. When you change the settings for speed, it let's me in saying Advanced user withe a check mark. I can adjust the settings but when I go back to the "home" page, then go check the settings again to see if it worked- they are not what I set them to, they are back to the standard settings that I tried to change. And the word "SURE" in the middle of the speed dial settings- when pressed throws a"Unable for setting specifications" alert. So basically the app connects to the wheel, and that's about all it does. Everything else is "Illegal device" with an X through it. The wheel itself is fast as hell with no beeps so far at all, which doesn't sound normal, but I like it that way. Level calibration seems to work. It does the beeps and feels like it works. 

IOS or Android ?

Ok- I just found out how to successfully set the speed settings for the iOS app for my wheel. I went from bottom to top setting the speeds, (instead of top to bottom just on a whim) with each level number decreasing as I go upward (except for the rocker speed, which is set to zero). Example: Rocker speed = 0, Level lll alarm= 40, Level ll alarm at 33, level l alarm at 30. Then I pressed the word SURE in the middle of the speed setting circle and got a yellow alert stating "Successful setting for Speed" or something- it flashed by pretty quick. I went back to the Home page, then back into the speed setting page to see if it stayed at my settings, and for the 1st time ever, it worked. I can't ride right now, so I have not tried it riding the wheel yet with those settings. But that's the 1st time it showed a success alert.

But the Play mode, Ride Mode and Study Mode still Illegal device me as well as the speaker icon.

On 10/27/2015, 11:48:57, BobbyDee said:

Ok- I just found out how to successfully set the speed settings for the iOS app for my wheel. I went from bottom to top setting the speeds, (instead of top to bottom just on a whim) with each level number decreasing as I go upward (except for the rocker speed, which is set to zero). Example: Rocker speed = 0, Level lll alarm= 40, Level ll alarm at 33, level l alarm at 30. Then I pressed the word SURE in the middle of the speed setting circle and got a yellow alert stating "Successful setting for Speed" or something- it flashed by pretty quick. I went back to the Home page, then back into the speed setting page to see if it stayed at my settings, and for the 1st time ever, it worked. I can't ride right now, so I have not tried it riding the wheel yet with those settings. But that's the 1st time it showed a success alert.

But the Play mode, Ride Mode and Study Mode still Illegal device me as well as the speaker icon.

Great info!  What's the process of downloading that iOS app? 

Nevermind!  I got it now!  Rewind and delete.............. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, OliverH said:

Is any manufacturer capable of testing the bananaware (gets ready at the customer) they ship out to the customers. If they would label the app as beta/ field test it would be clear that not all functions are working properly.

Apple will reject apps submitted to the store if there's the word "beta" anywhere... (yeah, we tried that once) <_<

On November 12, 2015 at 5:39:01 PM, ninebot one p said:

Where can I down load it or what do I search for in the app store?:huh:

You probably all ready got an answer. I haven't been on here in a while. But just in case: apple store, search for singsong (all one word)

Hey guys!

King Song has provided us with a solution to this issue. Everyone who got their unicycles through ElectricUnicycleReviews.com who is having the issue can have the unicycle firmware flashed, which should alleviate the issue.

We only have one flash tool right now, so it will take a little time. Right now I'm working on everyone in Northern California, and after that I will be sending the flash tool to a technician in the Los Angeles area. After that, it will be sent to the New York area for folks up there, and then I will take care of people in other locations. My apologies that this will take some time, but you will all be taken care of.

I am also working on getting a couple more of these flash tools, so that we can accelerate the process. Unfortunately, because of our razor thin margins, we can not afford to pay for shipping costs, however we will be funding the cost of repair once the unicycle is with the technician (this is stated in the warranty page). This is why we're doing our best to keep the repairs local or semi-local, so that users can save on shipping costs if they need to send theirs.

I have a list of the people who have contacted me so far with the issue, and will be emailing you all to schedule service. If your riding settings are set to a soft mode or slow mode, please make sure to let me know so that you can be made top priority. If you are having this issue, please make sure that you have contacted me about it and feel free to follow up.

This was only an issue with one batch of King Song unis. New units shipping should not have any problems with the app, so this is only an issue if your unicycle is throwing the "illegal device" error in the app.

As always, I am available at email@electricunicyclereviews.com for any questions.

Will

• 1 month later...
On October 27, 2015 at 4:23 AM, jrkline said:

I'm one who is experiencing this problem and it is very frustrating.I have the new KS-18a wheel and the android app connects to the unit just fine but will not allow any settings changes.So far,riding the wheel stuck in the default setting of "study" mode is very disappointing. If we can get people who have recently got a new Kingsong wheel and post their experiences with the settings apps here,it will be really helpful in determining the possible problem and potential solutions whether hardware or software related.Please post the wheel model you have and whether your using IOS or Android and whether or not your app allows settings changes.This would be greatly appreciated.

Hi jrkline l just bought a ks18 also experience this problem.lm using ios7 apps.it connected to the unit just fine but not allow any setting.already connected but it written there'equipment is not connected'.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 5 months later...

@MetricUSA

Hey! Did you receive your refund from me? Have you made lots of easy money importing these and "sitting on your butt," as you claimed you could in the mean, profanity laden emails you sent?

Everyone: There has been a delay, but my prices are much lower than else where as well. We have many, many happy customers. Ask around :)

9 hours ago, Chris said:

Hey guys! I heard rumours about being able to deactivate the "Hello KingSong!" voice through the app, however in the Android-version I don't see any option to do this... Any ideas?

Go to settings/sound and deactivate. Switching the wheel on with the power button you should not hear any KingSong-voices any longer. Speed alarms are not affected by this. If you use the bluetooth-button you will hear the Hello KS again, but only once. Going back to standard settings you have to reactivate sound under settings.

Archived