New Future Fan

PY ⠀

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Not at all. Press button for 1 sec = off, press button for 1 sec = on.

Depending on where you are commuting, for me this is a major issue. I have to go up and down with a wheel during busy commuting hours in and out of subway. There is always a long line of people behind me. If I have to wait 2-3 seconds to turn the wheel on and off, I will hear grumblings, which I would rather avoid. Not having a kill switch on a wheel for me is a show stopper.

MSX stroller handle and missing kill switch is a huge downside for daily commute.

Either I need a good stroller handle to walk it down/up some high curb or few stairs steps, or I will need a kill switch to quickly lift it.

Sometime, you just need to walk up/down 3,4 stairs steps, and stop few seconds to turn the wheel on/off is annoying...

• Like 2

I'm in a similar boat picking between the Nikola and 16x. I got a really beat up Tesla for very cheap and I've since ridden 700 miles (wheel total is 2200). I've been wanting to upgrade for QoL improvements as I mostly use my Tesla for my commute. It doesn't have a lift sensor, the peddles are small and can get uncomfortable on longer rides (my commute is 7.8 miles). Speed wise I usually peak at 28ish and have an average riding speed of 18mph according to darknessbot. I also currently go to college and need to take my wheel into buildings and classrooms and into my apartment complex where I need to open my front door, go up a short set of stairs, then open another door, then go to my apartment so having a lift sensor that I can effectively use with 1 hand is rather important. 

I have had the opportunity to ride both a little bit (no extended tests yet), just around a parking lot/streets and I prefer the way the 16x feels. Personally the Nikola feels really bulky and boat-like to me, while the 16x feels closer to my maneuverable Tesla. However, in comparison there seem to be a lot of issues with the 16x that are making me hesitant. I do bring my Tesla up to 30 at times so it starts beep and I'm comfortable at 30 but I don't think going above that is a needed requirement for me. I just don't want to be thrown off and fall. 

I'm also 5'11" and 165-170lbs if that makes a difference

@ABS Knut

To me it sounds like the ks16x fits you better. You put some focus on your commute (which the 16x is better at from my research so far) and you like the ride better. Some ppl mentioned they’ve had no issues with it so far and that firmware updates fixed some issues. Maybe other updates will fix even more.

I’ll leave ppl with more experience give their input but that’s my 2 cents.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Alex Gruzglin said:

Ultimately and finally, we live in the age where no matter which wheel you choose, it will be good. No matter what you think or say now, you will end up with more then one wheel. And you will end up selling or trading whatever wheel you get now sooner rather then later. Just get a wheel and ride it!!

Have you received your Z6?

18 hours ago, ABS Knut said:

I'm in a similar boat picking between the Nikola and 16x. I got a really beat up Tesla for very cheap and I've since ridden 700 miles (wheel total is 2200). I've been wanting to upgrade for QoL improvements as I mostly use my Tesla for my commute. It doesn't have a lift sensor, the peddles are small and can get uncomfortable on longer rides (my commute is 7.8 miles). Speed wise I usually peak at 28ish and have an average riding speed of 18mph according to darknessbot. I also currently go to college and need to take my wheel into buildings and classrooms and into my apartment complex where I need to open my front door, go up a short set of stairs, then open another door, then go to my apartment so having a lift sensor that I can effectively use with 1 hand is rather important. 

I have had the opportunity to ride both a little bit (no extended tests yet), just around a parking lot/streets and I prefer the way the 16x feels. Personally the Nikola feels really bulky and boat-like to me, while the 16x feels closer to my maneuverable Tesla. However, in comparison there seem to be a lot of issues with the 16x that are making me hesitant. I do bring my Tesla up to 30 at times so it starts beep and I'm comfortable at 30 but I don't think going above that is a needed requirement for me. I just don't want to be thrown off and fall. 

I'm also 5'11" and 165-170lbs if that makes a difference

16X is still having many issues. Cannot be fast charged without exploding. Cannot be ridden over 25mph without deathly speed wobbles.

I'd advise against it tbh