Nikola 100V 1230 wh 47 lbs.

Mark Lee

Just tried 100V Nikola with 1230 wh.  It only weighs 47 lbs, only 5 more than TESLA.  WOW what a sweet wheel...  possibly best handling Nikola in US right now. It definitely feels more refined than 16X in every way.  Nikola 100V 1230 wh is AMAZING. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Just tried 100V Nikola with 1230 wh.  It only weighs 47 lbs, only 5 more than TESLA.  WOW what a sweet wheel...  possibly best handling Nikola in US right now. It definitely feels more refined than 16X in every way.  Nikola 100V 1230 wh is AMAZING. 

Sure thing! The 16x is also an amazing wheel, but the Nikola is more of a street wheel with lots os power for a faster speed, specially for heavier riders. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Sure thing! The 16x is also an amazing wheel, but the Nikola is more of a street wheel with lots os power for a faster speed, specially for heavier riders. 

Thank you @Gustesta, I think you finally found the wheel you've been looking for.  That was blast to try your new Nikola...

In my opinion, the Nikola 100v 1230wh is the perfect wheel for a heavier (190 pounds up) street rider (summarizing everything).  

On the other the 16x and its amazing torque is the perfect wheel for trails and also for lighter street riders.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Is there a notable difference with less weight on top than the 1845Wh Nik?

Sorry @meepmeepmayer, we don't have Nikola + to compare.  But the ride... :wub: I understand what @Marty Backe says about Nikola being the best wheel on the market.  Only this 1230 wh is 7 lbs lighter than Nikola +, it honestly didn't feel that much heavier than TESLA.  If the range is not a priority Nikola 100V 1230 wh is the one to beat. :clap3:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

I have the 1230 100v, and it weighs 53lbs., I'm not sure how you are getting to the 47 lb. number?

Ill weigh it again tomorrow..

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

I have the 1230 100v, and it weighs 53lbs., I'm not sure how you are getting to the 47 lb. number?

Sorry I do not have access to Nikola 1230 wh.  We weigh it on bathroom scale.  Maybe it's the size but it really didn't feel that much heavier than Tesla.  You are a lucky man...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greentung said:

Is it possible to remove the top battery packs from the 1845Wh Nikola+ to turn it into something like the 100V 1230wh? Or does the wiring of the cells required them all connected? 

Yep, just unplug and remove the pack. Would be a shame though...

And make sure the unused pack has the same voltage before you reconnect it again.

• Like 1

Do you know how heavy is one of those packs?

55 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Yep, just unplug and remove the pack. Would be a shame though...

And make sure the unused pack has the same voltage before you reconnect it again.

4 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

I can confirm my Nikola 100v 1240 weights between 47 and 48 lb.  I used 2 different scales.  It's the newest model with the new controller (and I don't know if it has the new 21700 batteries).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gustesta said:

Do you know how heavy is one of those packs?

One 18650 cell is about 50g. There's 48 in a 100V 615Wh pack, plus BMS and packaging etc. So about 2.5kg (5.5lbs) for a standard Gotway 615Wh pack.

1 hour ago, Gustesta said:

(and I don't know if it has the new 21700 batteries)

21700 packs in 100V come in multiples of 444Wh ("450Wh"). Your battery size doesn't match that.

18650 packs in 100V are in multiples of 306Wh (615Wh is twice that, and two or three 615Wh packs give 1230Wh or 1845Wh). So you have 18650s:)

[Math: 24 cells in series * 3.7V nominal * 5000mAh capacity per 21700 cell = 444Wh. 24 * 3.7V * 3450mAh = 306Wh.]

As always, theory with EUCs is never as good as it should be, so just weigh your wheels or battery packs;)

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 10/23/2019 at 1:02 PM, Mirkus said:

What is the range on the the Nikola+  1230wh?  The math works out to be ~50 miles based on published range.

I'm 200 pounds and range is between 35 to 40 miles, according to the speed you go.  I've never made a real test till 0%.  That's based on battery I use and distance on my rides.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

A good estimate for a fast wheel like the Nikola is 20-25Wh/km (32 - 40Wh/mile). That would be about 30-40 miles typical range. It really depends on your speed (also your weight, but speed makes a huge difference).

Indeed 30 to 40 miles, what is perfect to me!