My First Crash! Tesla Top Speed 36.5mph lol

TMoats

So 3min into tonight's ride and curiosity took one of my lives:efee612b4b: I just had to see how fast I could get on my new Tesla(not even two weeks old).

And I basically looked like Youtuber, Ron'sWorldMiami, just more sliding and without the dislocated shoulder.

I know I could have looked it up, and seen what other people say about the speed limit, but you know when you just have to experience something for yourself?

Came down hard on my right knee with less skin lost than the size of a quarter. WEAR YOUR GEAR! Was just wearing soft padding but it worked!

Wheel is a bit banged up also20190825_025611.thumb.jpg.e0d10786c0d638b02fb8b23719f82b11.jpg but i guess it gives me a reason to undress her now and take a look at everything. Anyway, thought I'd share:efee6b18f3:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, TMoats said:

So 3min into tonight's ride and curiosity took one of my lives:efee612b4b: I just had to see how fast I could get on my new Tesla(not even two weeks old).

And I basically looked like Youtuber, Ron'sWorldMiami, just more sliding and without the dislocated shoulder.

I know I could have looked it up, and seen what other people say about the speed limit, but you know when you just have to experience something for yourself?

Came down hard on my right knee with less skin lost than the size of a quarter. WEAR YOUR GEAR! Was just wearing soft padding but it worked!

Wheel is a bit banged up also
 but i guess it gives me a reason to undress her now and take a look at everything. Anyway, thought I'd share:efee6b18f3:

Congrat's on the new wheel Taylor. Must be real nice to graduate from your V8 to a powerhouse like the Tesla. I was just riding my Tesla yesterday (at more sane speeds), thinking, "this is really a nice wheel). When we met at Westwheel 2 I didn't know that you were on the verge of getting a new ride.

Glad you learned your crash lesson without any real damage to the body :cheers:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The Tesla beeps at 50kph (31mph) even at 100% battery, and you went 59kph (36.5 mph)... haha wow.

Well, now you really know you can only test a EUC's top speed by seeing when you crash. Everyone else, when you hear the final warning beeps, that means you shouldn't go faster;)

Good you're effectively uninjured. This way that was just a cool experiment (with predictable end state:whistling:). Glad you seem to be enjoying your new wheel:) Maybe you need a 100V Nikola or MSX for your speed urges though.

Haha, yes definitely considering a faster wheel, even though I am content with the Tesla at the moment:D

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Congrat's on the new wheel Taylor. Must be real nice to graduate from your V8 to a powerhouse like the Tesla. I was just riding my Tesla yesterday (at more sane speeds), thinking, "this is really a nice wheel). When we met at Westwheel 2 I didn't know that you were on the verge of getting a new ride.

Glad you learned your crash lesson without any real damage to the body :cheers:

Yes! Was actually supposed to receive the wheel before WestWheel 2 but it did not make it:( And yes, won't be doing that again, intentionally...:efee612b4b: 

• Like 2

Glad the damage was minimal and that you were geared up. I stopped wearing my soft padding for the most part, although i might have to take it out this week to go to an event. Which means slow city riding :(... Gotta ride within your limits depending on the gear you put on, in my opinion. Regular helmet, soft pads, etc, slow it downnnnnn. At speeds, i want to be able to slide. 

24 minutes ago, seage said:

Glad the damage was minimal and that you were geared up. I stopped wearing my soft padding for the most part, although i might have to take it out this week to go to an event. Which means slow city riding :(... Gotta ride within your limits depending on the gear you put on, in my opinion. Regular helmet, soft pads, etc, slow it downnnnnn. At speeds, i want to be able to slide. 

I hear ya. Was fully geared, and intentionally pushed it to the point of dumping me, to get a top speed(call me crazy). Thinking next time, of doing it on a golf course to soften the landing lol. But, at some point in, I'd really like to explore the potential of EUC racing and really get comfortable with higher speeds on an EUC.

10 minutes ago, TMoats said:

I hear ya. Was fully geared, and intentionally pushed it to the point of dumping me, to get a top speed(call me crazy). Thinking next time, of doing it on a golf course to soften the landing lol. But, at some point in, I'd really like to explore the potential of EUC racing and really get comfortable with higher speeds on an EUC.

If i were you, just for the sake of going fast. Id get hardshell stuff. And maybe even body armor or an MC jacket. Sliding is gonna be your best friend if you fall going fast. You wont slide as far as a motorcycle, but its still a hell of a lot better than your soft gear impacting, taking part of the damage, gripping the ground, being pulled right off and then you taking the rest of the wipe out with your bodyparts exposed, haha. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, TMoats said:

call me crazy). Thinking next time, of doing it on a golf course to soften the landing lol

I will call you crazy "CRAZY" not only have you tested the speed but now your saying ,, next time 😄,, i think golf course maybe bad idea as you won't slide so you might dig in and twist your bones 🤔  , stick to tarmac and slide lol 😊

Or maybe just don't go full out , 

At least you know what top speed is 👍👍

Careful dude

Update ,,, can you film it next time 😁😁

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, seage said:

If i were you, just for the sake of going fast. Id get hardshell stuff. And maybe even body armor or an MC jacket. Sliding is gonna be your best friend if you fall going fast. You wont slide as far as a motorcycle, but its still a hell of a lot better than your soft gear impacting, taking part of the damage, gripping the ground, being pulled right off and then you taking the rest of the wipe out with your bodyparts exposed, haha. 

Yeah, I have all the armor in my Amazon shopping cart now lol. Though, the soft stuff did prove effective. But agreed on the sliding. I used to ride motorcycles and it's def saved my skin in the past.

7 hours ago, stephen said:

Update ,,, can you film it next time 😁😁

Haha, definitely!

• Upvote 1

Maybe everybody needs a break-in period for a new machine. My first crash happened exactly the same way! I was curious: 'How fast does this thing go? And what does it feel like!'

Well I certainly found out what it felt like! Only difference was that it was only a V8, only my second day and my gear was still in the mail order!

• Like 1