Differences in tiltback feeling between Kingsong and Gotway?

chrisjunlee

4 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

haha, why am I crazy?

Random vlogging tip: Would recommend you get some sunglasses, especially for self filming. It makes it much easier to look relaxed/happy when you're not squinting at the sun and wind ☀️💨🐄

Wow. That sort of telemetry used to require niche raceway GPS trackers - I remember buying a 'cheap' one for $300 long time ago. Competition from 360 cameras has made Gopro innovate well. Thank you for the tutorial :)

I used to have one of those performance trackers, my trusty Vbox PerformanceBox! Anyway tech has come a long way; a 20Hz GPS tracker with ridiculously accurate compared to a drag strip timer, the GoPro GPS is actually 18Hz and costs less in comparison! Now if these quality GPS modules came in our cell phones I’d upgrade ... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

lol I’m not a top speed guy, I’m just trying to keep up with traffic on these suburban roads. 

Me neither but I fear if I had a wheel that could go 55 mph I would definitely want to try it at least once. LOL 

8 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

haha, it brings me joy knowing someone out there is enjoying them. Are you going do one as well? Or will you vlog about it?

If anything like my other wheels, the wheelog is going to be:

• 2 miles in: "This is a terrible wheel, completely unridable"
  • 10 miles in: "It's bit better now after calibration"
  • 200 miles in: "ok, I see why people like it, but no way this is worth more than $800"
  • 400 miles in: "This is the pinnacle of all wheels, the best of the best, like surfing through ether"

I will probably just post a vid here and there with my adventures riding, talking about life, wheels, people, etc.

I usually end up the same:

- why did I buy this
- who am i
- how many positive frames is Heihachi's EWGF on block

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

On my Nikola I feel slight vibrating and shaking at 40mph (which is the 5 beeps). Is this a sign of no more available power? 

Dunno, still can't bring myself to go 40, but typical signs of no more available power is a floaty feeling, like the magnets cannot hold any more, but this is very near the max.

14 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

Wow. It's easier to accelerate on the 16X? I heard otherwise from @houseofjob. I'm curious to see if I have the same impression, and if it's somehow related to our lower weight.

And you will still hear otherwise from me.

Hundreds of miles put on both, and I stand by what I've said: the Nik+ is waaaaay easier to push than the 16X (which has more resistance in this comparison, albeit not nearly on the level of say my least fav rock-hard-across-all-modes Gotway in the MSX), especially on soft mode, this has been confirmed many times over by our local experienced multi-wheel NYC Nikola owners, as well as on these forums. 

If you want confirmation from someone in your same rider weight class, perhaps try @eddiemoy.

11 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

lol I’m not a top speed guy, I’m just trying to keep up with traffic on these suburban roads. 

LOL, if you're not a top speed guy on these super conservative EUC forums, I have no clue who is :lol:

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, houseofjob said:

LOL, if you're not a top speed guy on these super conservative EUC forums, I have no clue who is :lol:

If I was in a city I doubt I would care about top speed. I definitely wouldn’t have a Dualtron Thunder either. 

I just need to be able to cruise down some of these 40mph roads without holding up traffic. And 50mph roads on the Thunder.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Dunno, still can't bring myself to go 40, but typical signs of no more available power is a floaty feeling, like the magnets cannot hold any more, but this is very near the max.

Hundreds of miles put on both, and I stand by what I've said: the Nik+ is waaaaay easier to push than the 16X (which has more resistance in this comparison, albeit not nearly on the level of say my least fav rock-hard-across-all-modes Gotway in the MSX), especially on soft mode, this has been confirmed many times over by our local experienced multi-wheel NYC Nikola owners, as well as on these forums. 

If you want confirmation from someone in your same rider weight class, perhaps try @eddiemoy.

The Nikola+ is everything you said it would be, it’s plenty of power to rid myself of bike lanes forever! I even find myself taking faster roads in Queens than the backroads with this wheel! More time saved. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

The Nikola+ is everything you said it would be, it’s plenty of power to rid myself of bike lanes forever! I even find myself taking faster roads in Queens than the backroads with this wheel! More time saved. 

Mine is overnighting as we speak :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Nik+ is easier to accelerate than the 16X.  I agree it takes much less effort to go fast.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

If I was in a city I doubt I would care about top speed. I definitely wouldn’t have a Dualtron Thunder either. 

I just need to be able to cruise down some of these 40mph roads without holding up traffic. And 50mph roads on the Thunder.

Ah, you are the product of your environment, as are we all!

You're right, I fell into the trap everyone else usually falls into when they see NYC riders and say "that's dangerous" without ever knowing and experiencing what it is to ride here. Suburb car traffic moves much faster for sure, and being able to get out of the way of traffic is key, as this is one of 2 reasons why my speeds when up (the other being keeping up with other way faster riders than I) since many times, with moon craters and cell phone zombies proliferating our bike lanes, we have no choice but to ride with the car traffic. If it weren't for this, I as well would be a slower rider.

• Like 2