If you had a 100v MSX, what would your next wheel be between the Nikola 100v, Monster V3 100v, or KS 16X?

photorph

22 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

I dunno if it is normal to be like this but I couldn’t go very fast in gotway soft mode vs hard mode. I did enjoy the dynamics more and would prefer it to hard mode on the Nikola, but it was much harder to speed on soft mode. I hit my five beep 40mph on hard mode, while soft mode efforts had me staring at 35mph. 

I was finding this also. Today I rode one stretch of paved trail in hard mode (~28-mph) and when I rode the same section later in soft mode the same amount of effort was only getting me to ~22-mph.

I keep trying, but I always come back to preferring hard mode.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

I dunno if it is normal to be like this but I couldn’t go very fast in gotway soft mode vs hard mode. I did enjoy the dynamics more and would prefer it to hard mode on the Nikola, but it was much harder to speed on soft mode. I hit my five beep 40mph on hard mode, while soft mode efforts had me staring at 35mph. 

5 beeps at 40 mph?? that's crazy.  That's faster than the msx 100v, which shouldn't be possible because msx has a 19" wheel.  

Anyone know where the 5 beeps are on a monster 100v?  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, photorph said:

5 beeps at 40 mph?? that's crazy.  That's faster than the msx 100v, which shouldn't be possible because msx has a 19" wheel.  

Jason did put up a chart that showed the 19” MSX 100v is faster than the 22” monster 100v. Anyone know why would that be? What are the five beeps on a MSX 100v?

Im pretty sure if I was going on a moderate downhill slope and aerodynamically low like I posted about, I could hit 43-45mph on this wheel (which I won’t test lol) 

But I’ve already heard the 100v MSX can do the same speeds.

I think 40mph is good enough at this point in EUC history and anything above is a gray area that shouldn’t try to be reached. 

Edited by Darrell Wesh
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, photorph said:

What about 39 mph and no beeps... 😜 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Anyone know why would that be? What are the five beeps on a MSX 100v?

It could be that the larger wheel diameter reduces the effective torque. The MSX and the Monster have the same motor, so the torque drops linearly as the wheel gets bigger. Just a guess.

Wether you'd rather actually go 40 on a Monster or an MSX is a different story.

Edited by erk1024

On 7/29/2019 at 10:08 PM, RoCan said:

I have the 84V MSX. Just sold a V8 and have also been looking for another wheel.

What do you use the MSX for? What would you use the new one for?

I would love the V3 Monster but I can’t ride on roads. I can’t see the point in getting the Nikola as so similar to the MSX with the 17” but won’t handle off road quite as well I imagine. That leaves the 16X I guess but personally I wouldn’t use it over the 19” MSX.

So I’m going small as to be different from the MSX and therefore get more use. MCM5/Mten3.

All depends what you use them for. If starting a collection for the love of wheels... it doesn’t matter as you’ll get them all at some point :thumbup: (but Monster would be my vote)

The Monster is a highway wheel; it is not meant for off-road, it is too heavy. If you want a good off-road wheel, the mcm5 or the 16XL; although the 16XL is heavier, but it has better range. I have an 18XL which has the same range which is great. On the other hand, 50kmh is too slow for me; I'm always teeter-tottering on the max speed beeps; I'm looking for faster. It all depends depends on what you want to use it for.  

On 8/2/2019 at 10:35 PM, Darrell Wesh said:

Jason did put up a chart that showed the 19” MSX 100v is faster than the 22” monster 100v. Anyone know why would that be? What are the five beeps on a MSX 100v?

Im pretty sure if I was going on a moderate downhill slope and aerodynamically low like I posted about, I could hit 43-45mph on this wheel (which I won’t test lol) 

But I’ve already heard the 100v MSX can do the same speeds.

I think 40mph is good enough at this point in EUC history and anything above is a gray area that shouldn’t try to be reached. 

Wow, I think there should be a high speed club (forum) because I have an KS 18XL, and am bored. 50kmh is turtle slow for me; I'm always teeter-tottering on the top speed beeps (49kmh) because I cannot disable the tiltback and it cannot be set higher than 50kmh. To me, 40mph seems reasonable, but a few minutes into it, I'd be looking for more. I used to road-race motorcycles at speeds over 200mph, I'm 68 and during my career, I've crashed 14 times at over 100mph and twice over 160mph. So 40mph is child's play for me. By the way, my KS 18XL has barely 250 miles, and I'd take a $500. hit to sell it. It has never fell, yet it is wrapped in foam just in case. I've always charged it at 1amp, and never past 90% for max battery conditioning and long life.

Anyone interested, send me an email at: upt5ed@gmail.com

On 7/30/2019 at 2:29 AM, photorph said:
  • Lowest performance relative to gotway nikola plus and monster V3, since those are 100v with bigger 1845 wh batteries.  Of course the performance is enough, but I always try to get the biggest battery pack I can.  
  • I usually ride around 20-26 mph, but my max speed is 35 mph on an msx.  On the 16" wheels I want to be able to consistently hit low 30s w/o the fear of a cut out.  Thus a higher speed gives you more of a buffer.  I always stay far away from the max speed.  But if the 16X has a max of 30 mph, that means I'd avoid low 30s at all times.
  • Agreed on the speed lock, just a minor annoyance but temporary.  

Not a back up unit, just something a bit different than the MSX.  Mainly looking to make up the weaknesses of the MSX, which are the terrible trolley handle first and foremost and then the cheap-ish shell.  Slow speed drops and mine is scratched up badly already.  

I think that what you are really looking for is a wheel that is much different from the msx. If you get the mcm5, it has a much narrower tire; thus much more nimble. This wheel being lighter and smaller, can be a great way to hone your skills such as starts and stops, tight turns, climbing steep hills with plenty of power, playing at the skate board park, etc. I have a Ninebot One E+ that I keep for practicing tricks on grass fields, and a KS 18XL for fast riding. Mind you, once I past the 200km mark, and unlocked the wheel to 50kmh, within 15 seconds I reached the last beeps set at 49kmh and it never stopped beeping since. I guess I need much faster, for I'm bored with it.

On 8/2/2019 at 6:51 PM, photorph said:

Is there anyone out there on the same page as I? I bought a Ninebot One E+ to learn on, and soon realized that I was always on tiltback. So, I bought a KS 18XL and suffered the first 200 km until it could be unlocked to 50kmh. Within 15 seconds, the 49kmh beeps came on followed by an annoying tiltback at 50kmh. It seems that I cannot get off those endless beeps, teeter-tottering trying to avoid tiltback. I'd like a wheel that has no limits; although not realistic, if one could do 100mph, I'd be first in line to test it out. Is there anyone out there that feels the same way?

59 minutes ago, Benphysics said:

I'd like a wheel that has no limits; although not realistic, if one could do 100mph, I'd be first in line to test it out. Is there anyone out there that feels the same way?

No

Edited by Darrell Wesh
  • Like 1