U.K. Legislation - please help the community

Eryk88

Hi everyone,

We have all read in the media today that UK is clamping down on self balancing devices! 

Lets try to put a stop to this and show our unity on this matter. Let's try to change the law...!!!

l have came a across this petition set up by Steve Miltion. 

If it gets over 80,000 signatures it will be discussed on the House of Commons! Let's start signing!

Please let's spread the word on social media and get the numbers we need!

Let's do it for EUC!

Thank you for your support 

#UKridesEUC

----------------------

Allow the usage of self-balancing scooters on public footways and cycle lanes

Electric transporters can reduce the number of buses and cars on the streets. Due to the Section 72 of Highway Act 1835, on 12th of October Crown Prosecution Service released a guidance under which the usage of hoverboards and electric unicycles on the public streets would be illegal.

Electric unicycles and hoverboards are safe and emission-free transportation devices that have gained popularity in the UK and worldwide since 2012. The devices are portable, they do not require any parking space, and also have restricted speed. Normal riding speed does not exceed running speed. There is a UK manufacturer producing high-quality, stable and safe electric transporters. This company created jobs for over 50 people and represents a significant innovation in transport industry. 

Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/signatures/3689753/verify/jFFUC1F5dv6kEngpgz

somehow says i've already supported this but its the first time i've ever seen it. on my personal computer and personal private network. weird.

I've had the same thing!

I got this link from Maplin's website when they started selling Airwheel products:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/medias/AirWheel-legal-document-9-04-15.pdf?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8MTE4NTI2fGFwcGxpY2F0aW9uL3BkZnxoMGMvaDZhLzkxNjczNTAxMzY4NjIucGRmfGUyYmFkYzQ3YjYzMTg4MDk4ODk1OTU3MjQxMzc3NWNlNjk3MzcxYzAzY2I2ZjJjNDM2NGEwMjdmM2NmZmRlZjA

Apparently, it's a 'legal document' but none of the links to this on the Maplin's website are currently working....

By the way this link:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/110249

doesn't include the (metadata?) that makes your browser think it is already signed.

With this link I get the message it is awaiting approval for publication (TUE 1430 Eastern Standard Time) but I will keep checking back.

Thanks for starting this motion!

• 2 years later...

Not sure Sophia, it seems that whilst there are probably a lot of electric transport users if we include the electric skateboard and scooter users but we just can't seem to get organised :(

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure i'm posting in the right place but now i'm actually riding the V8 can anyone give advice

Phone is old so riding without an app for another 2 weeks-everything seems ok

Wheel well padded but bad scrapes on pedal hinges- the thick tape lasted minutes

To 100% drain the battery completely for best life -it's now at 2 bars, red and yellow -should i ride it till it tips me off and will it warn me?

and--havent managed to get the air hose at the garage to connect so i dont actually know what pressure the wheel riding is as im using a bike pump -it feels medium, not esp hard

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Sophia said:

Not sure i'm posting in the right place but now i'm actually riding the V8 can anyone give advice

Phone is old so riding without an app for another 2 weeks-everything seems ok

Wheel well padded but bad scrapes on pedal hinges- the thick tape lasted minutes

To 100% drain the battery completely for best life -it's now at 2 bars, red and yellow -should i ride it till it tips me off and will it warn me?

Thanks

Hi Sophia, there is really no need to drain the battery to the point that it tilts back and won't let you ride it anymore.  The battery life will not be increased by much.

You should charge before your next ride IMHO.  You are at low voltage now.

I don't have a V8, but I think most wheels have similar low battery behavior to protect the batteries from overdischarge, I rode the ninebot down to less than 20% one time just to see what it would do, it started lowering the speed by tilting back until finally it would only go about 6mph.  It's also a rider safety feature, the lower the voltage, the less power available to keep the wheel balanced.

Archived