New joy - Z10 ];o>

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur

Finally I did manage to foster Rottweiler :) -> Z10 has a new home !!!

For those who know the story about my previous Dalmatian (E+) , the Z10 is like big and dangerous Rotti in comparison :)

I've managed to do some short test riding yesterday, and today I went for longer trip around estate, through the local park, and back (1,5h of riding).

Basically I'm focused on cracked, ruined pavements...

I'm aware of that fat tyre, so all I'm trying is to learn those feelings, how the wheel behaves.

I need to know how to control it, how it's dealing with the damaged pavements, before I start commute.

After today's session I'm starting to understand Z10 a bit better than yesterday.

IMG_06062019_210707_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.8b26c19d3c708a80806883216e08b259.jpgIMG_06062019_211106_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.1492e90f94e229333d1db815bacce5c7.jpg

A bunch of new Z10s popped up with a local distributor in my area... scheduling a test ride! I already have a deposit on a 16X and plan on moving on it... my wife is going to kill me. Nevertheless, look forward to being part of Z10 team in the near future!

Congrats! 🍾 It’s a joy to ride once you get used to it’s riding dynamics. 

I would suggest you establish your proper tire pressure. The Z10 doesn’t need much pressure, start around 24-28psi. 

You got it! Nice one!

I wondered why you had been a bit quiet recently....keeping us in suspense :)

Did you use Fat Llama in the end? Was it £1290 or did you have to pay a bit more? All arrive OK in the battery department?

Yes the Z is a bit scary with cracks/camber to start with. You do wonder if it will ever get better but it does (well, the wheel doesn't but you do).

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Looking good r2 and the wheel 😁 I'll charge mine up when your ready to go out, awaiting @Gasmantle upgrade then we can go longer ride, z10 gaz then we have triplets😁👍

Yea, I need to upgrade - I'm starting to feel left out with my small wheel :(

Guest PogArt Artur
17 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

Congrats on your new toy :)

We gotta arrange another meet up before long - I've been chatting today with another Z10 rider who lives nearby, he wants to join us for the next meet up :)

Wow!?

So there's another rider around you?

Wonderful :)

Guest PogArt Artur
16 hours ago, gon2fast said:

A bunch of new Z10s popped up with a local distributor in my area... scheduling a test ride! I already have a deposit on a 16X and plan on moving on it... my wife is going to kill me. Nevertheless, look forward to being part of Z10 team in the near future!

My wife doesn't understand me either :)

She just trying to treat me as a grown child , lol :)

The Z10 is making confuses - some love it, others hate it.

Problem is then, to rely on reviews, unless you try ride it on your own.

I gave it up, being put off by negative comments, until I tried it for short time :)

Now I'm practicing to find out, whether I was right or wrong choosing Z10 lol :)

Guest PogArt Artur
15 hours ago, Rotciv said:

Congrats! 🍾 It’s a joy to ride once you get used to it’s riding dynamics. 

I would suggest you establish your proper tire pressure. The Z10 doesn’t need much pressure, start around 24-28psi. 

Thank you :)

I tried 27PSI , I felt it's too hard, so lowered to 23, didn't like it, so change it to 25PSI and went for longer ride.

So far I prefer 25PSI compared to 27 or 23, but I'm tempted to try 26 PSI. 

Guest PogArt Artur
7 hours ago, Sidewalk Enforcer said:

Ah, they grow up so fast :P. I fondly remember your first posts about your dalmatian and now you're already on the rottweiler!

Congrats matey - looks awesome! Looking forward to your verbose review of the mighty Z10.

That's very kind comment , cheers @Sidewalk Enforcer :)

Yeah, what can I say?

I were dreaming to be able upgrade maybe at next year... :)

Happily some coincidences made my dream come true possible - in very short time actually, isn't it ? :)

I'm just training (on) my Rotti now, to make his companion enjoyable :)

Cheers!

Guest PogArt Artur
7 hours ago, Planemo said:

You got it! Nice one!

I wondered why you had been a bit quiet recently....keeping us in suspense :)

Did you use Fat Llama in the end? Was it £1290 or did you have to pay a bit more? All arrive OK in the battery department?

Yes the Z is a bit scary with cracks/camber to start with. You do wonder if it will ever get better but it does (well, the wheel doesn't but you do).

Thank you , another very keen comment @Planemo, thanks for warm words :)

Fat Llama have raised their price surprisingly to over £1450 !?

I got lucky and bought it elsewhere for £1400 :)

Yes, everything looks good so far @Planemo, but I've noticed two minor things.

1/The head light is positioned parallel (it's not facing down) but I've heard that some Z10's have this trouble

2/The pedals are tilted forward, I'd say 1cm down.

At first I started calibration as I did on E+ before, but it's coming back to the previous position.

Now, after few days of thinking of it, I'm actually appreciate that tilt forward...

I can not see it as a fault anymore, but advantage instead...

I'm unsure, whether adjust the pedals manually (youtube tutorial), or keep the tilt as it is :)

I mean it, I can see benefits of that tilt forward :)

It's all new to me, so I'm not changing anything yet,as I need more practice to decide what should I do :)

Thank you @Planemo.SmartSelect_20190607-151813_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6d42c6cdf16942cd08892553e476378e.jpg  

Guest PogArt Artur
5 hours ago, stephen said:

Looking good r2 and the wheel 😁 I'll charge mine up when your ready to go out, awaiting @Gasmantle upgrade then we can go longer ride, z10 gaz then we have triplets😁👍

Thank you for kind words @stephen :)

I'm not sure if you went through Peter's comment above?

He knows somebody else with Z10 living around his place, and he's fancy join us , lol :)

So the THREE becomes FOUR , lol :)

Best regards @stephen :)

Guest PogArt Artur
13 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So we are to expect some video fun soon? :popcorn::cheers:

I hope so @Unventor dear friend  :)

Our buddy @stephen records good looking videos, so this is probably what we can expect - some pro looking video clip made by @stephen :)

Thank you :)

4 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

Thank you for kind words @stephen :)

I'm not sure if you went through Peter's comment above?

He knows somebody else with Z10 living around his place, and he's fancy join us , lol :)

So the THREE becomes FOUR , lol :)

Best regards @stephen :)

Yep, it will be the 4 Yorkshiremen :)

Just like these guys :- 

• Upvote 1

Guest PogArt Artur
42 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

Yep, it will be the 4 Yorkshiremen :)

Just like these guys :- 

hahahaaa !!!!! 

Lol :)

Guest PogArt Artur
58 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

How you getting on with the wheel now that you've had it a few days Artur ?

Crap Peter :(

I haven't managed to do any additional practice ride since I wrote this post !?

I've been making the storage box up, to keep the Z secured at work.

That box I've managed to take to depot this morning...

Because of the rain I'm not keen go out and practice in the rain...

So basically instead of practice, I were making the box, and I improved the pedals yesterday , the grip I mean :)

That's it TBH ...

I wish to do some rides around yet, before I start commute again, but the rain somehow blocked me up...

Thank you for asking :)

Sorry to hear you aren't getting the chance to get some riding done. The forecast looks like more rain for the next week too :(

At least you now have the wheel tho, once the blue sky comes you'll be out burning rubber :)

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:30 PM, Rotciv said:

Pressure on the Z seems to be really weird - more based on rider preference than anything else and the scope for difference is huge. Theres some really good riders like Roberace running 27~30 IIRC, Chooch ran 10 (or less!), some others seem to like 25, I am running 19 at the moment (about 90kg) and its nice. I tried 25 but the tramlining didn't seem significantly better, it seemed more squirrely and I had a much harder ride to boot so I went back. I have never actually tried the 32 as mentioned on the tyre - must be hard as a rock at that. I did try 15 but it tramlined worse than at 19. Off road I imagine 10 was fine for Chooch but I really don't know how he coped with it on the road. As I say - there seems to be no real advice to give re Z10 pressures other than 'between 10 and 35'....