New joy - Z10 ];o>

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur
3 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

Sorry to hear you aren't getting the chance to get some riding done. The forecast looks like more rain for the next week too :(

At least you now have the wheel tho, once the blue sky comes you'll be out burning rubber :)

Actually this is why I took that case box to the depot today Peter...

Having the box already there, will let me start commute at any time.

I wouldn't leave the wheel at work,without making sure it's secure...

I don't mind riding in the rain while commute.., it's just putting me off,when I'm coming back home after work, and to go out practice in the rain, lol :)

And I'm not commuting because I feel I need a little bit more practice...

So the circle is close , lol :)

PS.; "circle is close" is Polish saying, means that you can not proceed further, because of the circumstances :)

Guest PogArt Artur
5 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Pressure on the Z seems to be really weird - more based on rider preference than anything else and the scope for difference is huge. Theres some really good riders like Roberace running 27~30 IIRC, Chooch ran 10 (or less!), some others seem to like 25, I am running 19 at the moment (about 90kg) and its nice. I tried 25 but the tramlining didn't seem significantly better, it seemed more squirrely and I had a much harder ride to boot so I went back. I have never actually tried the 32 as mentioned on the tyre - must be hard as a rock at that. I did try 15 but it tramlined worse than at 19. Off road I imagine 10 was fine for Chooch but I really don't know how he coped with it on the road. As I say - there seems to be no real advice to give re Z10 pressures other than 'between 10 and 35'....

Hi @Planemo, thanks for your thoughts.

I tried 27 PSI, I felt it's too hard, very upsetting experience having a ride over damaged asphalt, it was like riding over hard bumpers ...

So I changed that to 23 PSI - it was much pleasant feeling, but I felt I'd like it a bit harder?

So I've inflated it to 25 PSI, and this is what I've been practicing on,last time I could go out... 

Somehow I feel the higher pressure is better for my city riding?

You know, pavements, streets ... no any off-road.

Tell me if I'm wrong pls.

Guest PogArt Artur
12 minutes ago, stephen said:

I managed a few miles today 😊

Screenshot-20190610-135718.jpg

You're MAD RIDER :)

Wow @stephen !!! 

My unbeaten distance yet is made on E+ , lol :)

14.5 mi 

hahahahaaaaaaaa :)

2 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

You're MAD RIDER :)

Wow @stephen !!! 

My unbeaten distance yet is made on E+ , lol :)

14.5 mi 

hahahahaaaaaaaa :)

He's just a show-off git. Ignore him :w00t2:

He's got too many wheels anyway. If he felt like doing the right thing he would give me his Z10 :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

Hi @Planemo, thanks for your thoughts.

I tried 27 PSI, I felt it's too hard, very upsetting experience having a ride over damaged asphalt, it was like riding over hard bumpers ...

So I changed that to 23 PSI - it was much pleasant feeling, but I felt I'd like it a bit harder?

So I've inflated it to 25 PSI, and this is what I've been practicing on,last time I could go out... 

Somehow I feel the higher pressure is better for my city riding?

You know, pavements, streets ... no any off-road.

Tell me if I'm wrong pls.

I can't tell you anything bud, you just need to go with what feels good for you. All I can say is 5 is probably too low (may damage the tyre at that) and 40 is too high (unless you are happy to lose your fillings).

So somewhere inbetween those two figures will see you right :laughbounce2:

Guest PogArt Artur
25 minutes ago, Planemo said:

He's just a show-off git. Ignore him :w00t2:

He's got too many wheels anyway. If he felt like doing the right thing he would give me his Z10 :whistling:

Hahahaaaa !!!

I tried many times @Planemo to make @stephen sacrifice one of his wheels for me hahaaaa :)

Maybe I could have tried better, but I didn't succeed at all :)

Do your best @Planemo , maybe you get his Z :) ?!

Guest PogArt Artur
25 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I can't tell you anything bud, you just need to go with what feels good for you. All I can say is 5 is probably too low (may damage the tyre at that) and 40 is too high (unless you are happy to lose your fillings).

So somewhere inbetween those two figures will see you right :laughbounce2:

Hahahaaaa :)

I haven't got much more precise advice , than yours ever !

Hahahaaa 

hahaaa :)

Lol :)

I know what you mean :)

Practice will let me decide what feels just right for my riding preference :)

You guys are making me jealous :(

My V5 has steadily been accepting less charge but I've got a new charger in the post so I'm hoping it will take 100% shortly but even then I think I'd be lucky to get 14 miles out of it.

To me range is the important factor when looking to upgrade but other than that I'm not sure what I want next.

@PogArt Artur i started off thinking the pressure was to high so i lowered it to 25psi but after riding a while i went up to 30psi , same i did with the msx 30psi then 35 now I'm at 40psi .i think lower pressure is safer and feels better until you get used to the wheel then you end up increasing the pressure ,, time will tell . @Planemo i love the z10 and the msx i couldn't do without one of them .i don't really like round wheels much that's why I'm loving the ks16x style ,,, plus it's specs ofc 

You need another wheel 😊

@Gasmantle what wheel is on your short list then ,,,ks16x at £1600 sound ok for you 😊

I have always monitored battery usage Vs miles on my V5F so I can get a feel for what it does. I always had it down as being able to reach 14 or so even with me on it, but I did a 13 mile ride yesterday with my daughter (who I always imagined would get at least 15 with her lighter weight) and she was down to 2 bars (and I think when that happens the 2nd bar goes red?). Very low, and I was concerned about her even riding it so we dropped down to just 5mph for the last 600 yards back (which is up a bit of a hill).

Not like we were gunning it either as we had some friends on pushbikes so our average was just 7mph, and the terrain was 99% flat as it was a beachfront ride. My Z6 on the other hand was left with 50% (and obviously with me and my 90kg on it).

This was the first ride we had done with such a low average speed. I do wonder if it actually laboured the motor more than say averaging the 10~11mph which we usually do, and this sucked up just as much if not more battery than our slightly faster rides.

Guest PogArt Artur
3 minutes ago, stephen said:

@PogArt Artur i started off thinking the pressure was to high so i lowered it to 25psi but after riding a while i went up to 30psi , same i did with the msx 30psi then 35 now I'm at 40psi .i think lower pressure is safer and feels better until you get used to the wheel then you end up increasing the pressure ,, time will tell . @Planemo i love the z10 and the msx i couldn't do without one of them .i don't really like round wheels much that's why I'm loving the ks16x style ,,, plus it's specs ofc 

You need another wheel 😊

@Gasmantle what wheel is on your short list then ,,,ks16x at £1600 sound ok for you 😊

I'm tempting to get back to 27 PSI...

I know I didn't like 23 PSI, so I guess the low pressure isn't for me...

I'm rolling on hard surfaces mainly, the harder the tyre, the farther it may go.

The first 27 psi impressions might been false, I need to try it again.

I'm liking digit 3 too , lol :)

27 psi ; 2 + 7 = 9 :)

3x3 = 9 :)

This is why 27 psi is tempting, lol :)

Guest PogArt Artur
11 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'm off for a week from the 16th if you got time guys

I'm on holiday starting at 15th, but I'm going to work for two days - greedy me :)

Edited by PogArt Artur

9 minutes ago, stephen said:

@Planemo i love the z10 and the msx i couldn't do without one of them .i don't really like round wheels much that's why I'm loving the ks16x style ,,, plus it's specs ofc 

I'm with you there mate. The 16X is the only wheel I like the look of other than the Z which is still my favourite. I don't like the round styles either, and the MSX, though boxy, just looks...well...like a glorified briefcase imo. No doubting it's capabilities or spec though! I don't like the Nikolas/V10's/MCM5's etc. Clearly vanity at it's finest I admit, but I gotta like the look of what I ride you know what I mean?!

The only wheel I would upgrade to at this moment is a Z10. Theres no way I could find £1600 for a 16X and truth be told I'd still prefer the Z10 :)

Shame I can't prise yours away from you!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

I'm tempting to get back to 27 PSI...

I know I didn't like 23 PSI, so I guess the low pressure isn't for me...

I'm rolling on hard surfaces mainly, the harder the tyre, the farther it may go.

The first 27 psi impressions might been false, I need to try it again.

I'm liking digit 3 too , lol :)

27 psi ; 2 + 7 = 9 :)

3x3 = 9 :)

This is why 27 psi is tempting, lol :)

Lol your weird 😆😆

Anyway,, give it time before changing to often your psi

17 minutes ago, stephen said:

.i think lower pressure is safer and feels better until you get used to the wheel then you end up increasing the pressure ,, time will tell

I think you might be right with this. I suspect that higher pressure on the Z works better at higher speed (and therefore what would be a higher skilled rider). I reckon it would perform better at high speed cornering than using low pressure. As I say not sure how Chooch did it the opposite way though. I know most of his Z10 vids were off-road but it's not like he couldn't hustle it on the road either... 

4 minutes ago, stephen said:

C'mon this is R2 we are talking about - you know he's going to be changing his mind and moving it up and down like a jockys bol*%$ks every chance he gets. He can't help himself :laughbounce2:

• Upvote 1

Guest PogArt Artur
1 minute ago, stephen said:

Lol your weird 😆😆

Hahahaaa :)

Don't get me wrong @stephen , though.

The wheel arrived at 27 psi.

It was first time I got on it and went for short scary ride around...

This is when I got feeling the 27 psi is way too hard, but it might be me i stead :)

I changed then down to 23 psi, but compared to the previous experience of 27 psi, I felt it's too soft.

This is when I decided to leave it at 25 psi @stephen , and I went for a longer ride on that 25 psi then :)

So the changes I done, was the first day I could go out for a bit.

Then the second day I kept that mentioned 25 psi :)

It was only the first day, that I tried to figure out what pressure works best for me.

Now I'm fancy to go back to 27 psi,and keep it :)

Guest PogArt Artur
4 minutes ago, Planemo said:

C'mon this is R2 we are talking about - you know he's going to be changing his mind and moving it up and down like a jockys bol*%$ks every chance he gets. He can't help himself :laughbounce2:

Hahahaaa !

You better watch your words @Planemo, or you'll make me start my stupid irony talking once again, and everybody will get confused, whether I'm winding you up, or not :)

Well, I know we have already discussed much of this R2, during our talks about when and where to buy Z10's via PM, and now that the ongoing issues I have had with Fat Llama/First Canary Wharf have finalised I can say this.

I ordered a Z10 on 26/05. I couldn't help myself, what with all your talk of getting one and me wanting one so badly. My Z6 is great but I know I will want more range eventually and for me I love the Z so it was an easy choice for my next wheel.

I placed the order via Fat Llama (FL), with the seller being First Canary Wharf (FCW). 5 days passed with no response whatsoever so I messaged FCW and from then on I was just fed what I consider to be delay tactics. Apparently they had ordered 2, one of which arrived and was sent on to another buyer, but my one got 'lost'. How true all of this was I have no idea but their responses were unclear and vague to say the least. At one point I said that we had to assume that my wheel was lost/stolen for good and so how long would it take to get another. I was told 'by the end of next week' (end being Friday 7th) which is the date I believe they also told R2. Well that date came and went so I asked again what day a new batch would be coming in. I was told 'end of next week' again. I pushed for an exact date. They responded 'end of next week or so'. The 'or so' was the final straw that broke the camels back.

I requested an immediate refund and they said no problem. The refund didn't come through within a couple of days so I again chased them at which point they asked for my bank details to make a transfer. I asked them why they hadn't asked for these before but of course they ignored that question when further messages went back and forth.

Yesterday I finally got my refund.

So 2 weeks of total hassle and vague responses from FCW so they are struck off my list for good.

There is however one silver lining to this great cloud. FCW refunded me the cost of what they sell the wheel for now, instead of what they sold for when I purchased mine. Whether this is an oversight or whether it was as a gesture of goodwill for my troubles I don't know, but I am not about to question it (I would probably get a vague answer anyway). So I am sure it was a gesture...

So, being £145 up and placing a replacement order with Intelligent Walking Store via AliExpress for a Z10 at £1245, I will end up paying £1100 for a new Z10. The only downside being what will be an 8/9 week wait. Oh well, I managed it with my V5F so I am sure I can do it again. Plus of course I have the Z6 this time to keep me company in the meantime.

For info there was a store (Sumtop) on Ali selling the Z10 for £30 less but I went with Intelligent as I know Stephen said that's where his came from and there were many more reviews for them than Sumtop so I decided to pay the extra.

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur

So as I said previously @Planemo , no matter how bad things goes sometimes, everything will become past, and new brighter day will come :)

Congratulation for sorting the things out!!!

Well done you :)

The First Canary Wharf did impress me with their keen responses, and (I believe) looking after customer - you've proven I was so wrong trusting them!?

Hopefully you've earned some tip to easy the anger :)

Good for you!