Gotway's New Monster Wide Wheel?

Marty Backe

Gotway loves to go big? Is this some insight into an upcoming wheel? It's a video grab that I took from Facebook, by Lukas Gotway.

Interesting.  It resembles the previous generation sit down wheels, but with a wider tire.  Hopefully the seat and handbars are optional extras that can be clipped in or removed depending on the rider’s preference.  Could this be the Gotway answer to the Ninebot Z10?  They’d have to surpass the Z10 top speed and battery range though to make it competitive.

27 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Interesting.  It resembles the previous generation sit down wheels, but with a wider tire.  Hopefully the seat and handbars are optional extras that can be clipped in or removed depending on the rider’s preference.  Could this be the Gotway answer to the Ninebot Z10?  They’d have to surpass the Z10 top speed and battery range though to make it competitive.

I get the impression that the battery/controller is under the seat and not in the wheel like the Z10. So the seat is probably not optional.

This wheel doesn't interest me unless it has the Gotway speed that we know and love. But it's interesting nonetheless. 

A commenter on my Channel thinks it's actually a Uno Bolt, and it does look identical. So maybe they were just playing around with an existing product.

They did remove the logos from the wheel though. Hmmm.

The only valid reason for them to play around with that is to make fun of how inferior it is to their products:efef77eaf5: The "motorcycle but with one wheel" unimaginative and impractical form factor has been obsolete since 2011 when Solowheel came out with the current form factor that just makes so much more sense.

2 hours ago, sbouju said:

Or is it the "Uno Bolt", already viewed in this forum...?

As mentioned a couple of posts up, this is indeed the Uno-Bolt.

• 2 months later...

@Luizpeed that pre-order was for the original Monster which was released nearly 3 years ago. They simply haven't updated their website. If you look at the other wheels advertised, you will see that they're old models also. There will be a New Monster coming out, in the near future. 

1 hour ago, ED209 said:

@Luizpeed that pre-order was for the original Monster which was released nearly 3 years ago. They simply haven't updated their website. If you look at the other wheels advertised, you will see that they're old models also. There will be a New Monster coming out, in the near future. 

FYI, the Monster was released 2-years ago.

1 hour ago, ED209 said:

26 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

FYI, the Monster was released 2-years ago.

You're both kinda right!

I ordered my first batch Gotway Monster in December of 2016, so it's been over 2 years / "into the 3rd year" dear Lord I hope they're working on the redesign as we speak

14 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

You're both kinda right!

I ordered my first batch Gotway Monster in December of 2016, so it's been over 2 years / "into the 3rd year" dear Lord I hope they're working on the redesign as we speak

I received the 1st generation Monster on January 26th. I think it's best to stick with, "The Monster was released 2-years ago".

Yeah, hopefully the next 'real' upgrade to the Monster happens this year.

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@EUC GUY's new 84V Monster comes with the new board from the MSX/100VMonster and the 2000W motor. That might very well be the upgrade.

Not sure if you should expect a physical redesign.

After 2-years, I think we can expect a new 22-inch wheel/shell design. Even the venerable ACM was finally scrapped. It might be late 2019, but I think a fresh new Monster will arrive.

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@EUC GUY's new 84V Monster comes with the new board from the MSX/100VMonster and the 2000W motor. That might very well be the upgrade.

Not sure if you should expect a physical redesign.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

After 2-years, I think we can expect a new 22-inch wheel/shell design. Even the venerable ACM was finally scrapped. It might be late 2019, but I think a fresh new Monster will arrive.

giphy.gif

Archived